Coal News We love to talk!
Officials of the Housing Infrastructure Development Corporation (Hidco) and New Town Kolkata Development Authority (NKDA) recently held a meeting with His Excellency Nadir Patel, High Commissioner of Canada to India, who visited New Town last week. The members of the Indo-Canadian Chamber of Commerce were also present in the meeting.
NKDA officials mentioned in the meeting that New Town was already developing as a smart city and that it has applied for Green City certification from the Indian Green Building Council (IGBC). The authorities would also be launching a study by IIT Kharagpore on how to increase the township’s happiness index by adopting best global practices.
The Canadian companies who were present made presentations and the NKDA authorities identified renewable energy and solid waste management as possible areas of future cooperation. Officials said that Canada had three cities which were ranked globally as top intelligent cities.
- Railways may get renewable energy push under Piyush Goyal Read more
- ONGCs biggest oil, gas project in Krishna-Godavari basin expected to be delayed Read more
- High demand for solar grid connectivity: KSEB Read more
- BS-IV, GST become biggest game changers of 2017; EVs rule minds Read more
- Nuclear energy turns saffron Read more
- Coal India announces interim dividend; govt to get Rs 17,308 cr Read more
- India, Germany join hands for wind energy Read more
- MHA talks with TS, AP officials on energy staff issue inconclusive Read more
- Reliance Infras project gets CERCs final tariff approval Read more
- India plans to ask IAEA to conduct review of nuclear regulatory system Read more