Coal News We love to talk!
Officials of the Housing Infrastructure Development Corporation (Hidco) and New Town Kolkata Development Authority (NKDA) recently held a meeting with His Excellency Nadir Patel, High Commissioner of Canada to India, who visited New Town last week. The members of the Indo-Canadian Chamber of Commerce were also present in the meeting.
NKDA officials mentioned in the meeting that New Town was already developing as a smart city and that it has applied for Green City certification from the Indian Green Building Council (IGBC). The authorities would also be launching a study by IIT Kharagpore on how to increase the township’s happiness index by adopting best global practices.
The Canadian companies who were present made presentations and the NKDA authorities identified renewable energy and solid waste management as possible areas of future cooperation. Officials said that Canada had three cities which were ranked globally as top intelligent cities.
- Sustainable solutions for new-age economies Read more
- Greenko raises $125 m from EIG Global for power projects Read more
- Tata Power-DDL launches energy efficient LED lights, fans scheme for customers Read more
- Reliance Industries' partner Niko Resources puts KG-D6 stake for sale Read more
- India and US launch $ 95 million clean energy projects under OPIC financing Read more
- Government mulls selling LED bulbs at Rs 44 under DELP scheme Read more
- IOC in early talks with Saudi Aramco for downstream project Read more
- Developing nations taking the lead in clean energy with new projects and pledges: BNEF Read more
- Odisha to Get Rs 1 lakh crore energy investment: Dharmendra Pradhan Read more
- Tangedco evacuates 5,079 MW of wind power, sets national record Read more