Coal News We love to talk!
Officials of the Housing Infrastructure Development Corporation (Hidco) and New Town Kolkata Development Authority (NKDA) recently held a meeting with His Excellency Nadir Patel, High Commissioner of Canada to India, who visited New Town last week. The members of the Indo-Canadian Chamber of Commerce were also present in the meeting.
NKDA officials mentioned in the meeting that New Town was already developing as a smart city and that it has applied for Green City certification from the Indian Green Building Council (IGBC). The authorities would also be launching a study by IIT Kharagpore on how to increase the township’s happiness index by adopting best global practices.
The Canadian companies who were present made presentations and the NKDA authorities identified renewable energy and solid waste management as possible areas of future cooperation. Officials said that Canada had three cities which were ranked globally as top intelligent cities.
- Aiming all-electric car fleet in country by 2030: Piyush Goyal Read more
- States want to put up 17,418 MW of solar plants in parks: Ministry Read more
- Sri Lanka only leasing out oil tanks to India: Ranil Wickremesinghe Read more
- IOC, BPRL & OIL to pay $3.3 bn to Rosneft in September Read more
- Intelligent Energy to introduce hydrogen fuel-powered towers Read more
- Govt liberalizes coal supply procedure Read more
- Outages due to poor distribution network, have surplus power: govt. Read more
- Laurent Levy named third arbitration in Cairn tax case Read more
- Coal India to implement 126 projects during 12th Plan period Read more
- India headed for a green energy revolution: Harvard scientist Daniel Nocera Read more