Coal News We love to talk!
Officials of the Housing Infrastructure Development Corporation (Hidco) and New Town Kolkata Development Authority (NKDA) recently held a meeting with His Excellency Nadir Patel, High Commissioner of Canada to India, who visited New Town last week. The members of the Indo-Canadian Chamber of Commerce were also present in the meeting.
NKDA officials mentioned in the meeting that New Town was already developing as a smart city and that it has applied for Green City certification from the Indian Green Building Council (IGBC). The authorities would also be launching a study by IIT Kharagpore on how to increase the township’s happiness index by adopting best global practices.
The Canadian companies who were present made presentations and the NKDA authorities identified renewable energy and solid waste management as possible areas of future cooperation. Officials said that Canada had three cities which were ranked globally as top intelligent cities.
- Tamil Nadu hits top slot in solar power capacity addition as south surges ahead Read more
- Tata Sons may put Welspun deal under lens due to concerns over corporate governance Read more
- UDAY scheme: Smarter operations must for success Read more
- RINL plans to diversify into energy sector Read more
- Chandigarh administration to distribute cheap LED bulbs as part of save energy campaign Read more
- Coal to dominate power sector despite growth in renewables: BMI Research Read more
- Continue supplying at least 50% coal to NTPC: CoalMin to CIL Read more
- Even LPG cash transfer faces Aadhaar problem Read more
- Free LPG connections: Narendra Modi government may launch Ujjwala Plus on Independence Day Read more
- 2MW solar panels to power WR suburban stations in 6 months Read more