Coal News We love to talk!
Officials of the Housing Infrastructure Development Corporation (Hidco) and New Town Kolkata Development Authority (NKDA) recently held a meeting with His Excellency Nadir Patel, High Commissioner of Canada to India, who visited New Town last week. The members of the Indo-Canadian Chamber of Commerce were also present in the meeting.
NKDA officials mentioned in the meeting that New Town was already developing as a smart city and that it has applied for Green City certification from the Indian Green Building Council (IGBC). The authorities would also be launching a study by IIT Kharagpore on how to increase the township’s happiness index by adopting best global practices.
The Canadian companies who were present made presentations and the NKDA authorities identified renewable energy and solid waste management as possible areas of future cooperation. Officials said that Canada had three cities which were ranked globally as top intelligent cities.
- Oct saw sharp rise in demand for power, oil Read more
- 2MW solar panels to power WR suburban stations in 6 months Read more
- Aviva Investors opposes Cairn India's merger with Vedanta Read more
- Ten power companies participate on Day-1 of power contract auctions Read more
- Coal India puts itself in slowdown mode; heres why Read more
- Gas prices in India to fall 16% next year Read more
- Waste-to-energy plant to be set up in Kovai Read more
- PM Narendra Modi goes shopping for nuclear power in France and Canada Read more
- Gujarat power plant losses: Tata, Adani, Essar stare at huge writedowns Read more
- Government asks Coal India to liquidate unsold pithead stock Read more