Coal News We love to talk!
The BJP on Thursday charged state Congress women wing's president Laxmi Hebbalkar with owning a coal mine in Indonesia from where the Karnataka Power Corporation was buying coal for its thermal power projects.This comes after the party alleged that she got Rs 215 crore from seven cooperative banks against a total security of 51 acres of industrial land in Belagavi.
Speaking to reporters on Thursday, BJP MLAs S Suresh Kumar and C T Ravi said their party will write to Union home minister for a enforcement directorate (ED) inquiry into how Hebbalkar could invest in a Rs 5,000 crore company, considering she declared her annual income as Rs 5 lakh. “We suspect it's a benami transaction of a powerful minister in the government. We are also getting documents regarding the Indonesian mining company , where names of other people will emerge,“ the leaders added.
Ravi claimed that apart from a coal mine in Indonesia, Hebbalkar has ten solar power plants allotted to her company .According to him, the concept of Karnataka Rural Electrification Corporation (KREC) making farmers partners in power production through solar power generation projects failed to serve its purpose because the process was exploited by Hebbalkar. The BJP members said the Karnataka National Informatics Centre (NIC), which provides links to all government sites, was misused to ensure 10 solar power projects (each producing 15MW power) were allotted to Hebbalkar's family. “Even a qualified software engineer would take two-and-a-half minutes to fill one form on the NIC website. However, Hebbalkar's brother filled 10 applications in 59 seconds, which should be a record,“ said Ravi and Kumar.
Land for the solar project was purchased a fortnight before the e-tendering commenced, and though the land was not registered in the members' names, the projects were allotted, the leaders alleged.
“This is the biggest fraud in the name of farmers. Besides, seven cooperative banks sanctioned a loan of Rs 215 crore against a security of 51acres of industrial land worth Rs 1.69 crore,“ said Ravi.
- Electric vehicles set to get big lift in Budget 2018; 2-wheelers may vroom Read more
- Power Ministry wants States to expedite renewable-energy capacity addition Read more
- Power situation in Tamil Nadu to improve soon Read more
- IMG approves NHPC disinvestment Read more
- India will provide 24x7 power across the country by 2019: Piyush Goyal Read more
- Discoms, DJB ready to keep Delhi cool during summer Read more
- Bhadla solar bid could touch new low price point Read more
- Tamil Nadu on verge of becoming power surplus state: CM Jayalalithaa Read more
- Power Grid setting up 5 MWp rooftop solar projects Read more
- RattanIndia cant sell power to MSEDCL Read more