Coal News We love to talk!
PSERC extended the last date of submissions of comments and suggestions on proposed Amendments in Supply Code, 2014 to 9th Mar 2017
In a survey published by the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion in September 2015, Punjab ranked 16 out of 28 States and four Union Territories in the assessment of implementation of reforms towards ease of doing business. There were eight areas of assessment. In the area of “obtaining infrastructure related utilities”, Punjab had a score of 33%, just around the Indian average of 32.01% and far below top-ranked Maharashtra with a score of 88.89%. Out of five criteria for this area, two of them directly addressed the electricity sector: “Timelines for utility connections” and “Obtaining electricity connections. To improve the performance in the field of ease of doing business and also to consume surplus power available in the State, there is urgent need to simplify the procedures for release of connections.
The Commission proposes to amend various provisions of Punjab State Electricity Regulatory Commission (Electricity Supply Code & Related Matters) Regulations, 2014 to simplify the procedure for release of connections, issue of demand notices and its extension/revival. Staff Paper in this regard has been prepared and is available on the website of the Commission www.pserc.nic.in. Suggestions and objections are invited from public and stakeholders on the same so as to reach the undersigned on or before 9th Mar 2017 in person or by post.
(Public Notice): http://pserc.nic.in/pages/Public-Notice-15-2-17.pdf
(Staff Paper): http://www.pserc.nic.in/pages/Staff-Paper-15-2-17.pdf
- Inter-state transmission charges for wind, solar projects waived Read more
- Supreme Court declines interim payment of compensatory tariff to Adani Read more
- Bihar Regulatory Commission issues DSM Regulation 2014 Read more
- Punjab-owned thermal plants underutilized, claims engineers body Read more
- High Court orders resumption of power supply to Andhra Pradesh from Jindal plant Read more
- Power holiday for hospitals, industries in Vizag Read more
- GERC disposes of petition against PGVCL for not providing compensation for under drawal of power Read more
- Rays Power Experts to commission 5 MW solar plant at Charanka Read more
- RPP Infra inks pact with Siemens to bid for a power project Read more
- Anantapur project may be commissioned by next fiscal Read more