Coal News We love to talk!
PSERC extended the last date of submissions of comments and suggestions on proposed Amendments in Supply Code, 2014 to 9th Mar 2017
In a survey published by the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion in September 2015, Punjab ranked 16 out of 28 States and four Union Territories in the assessment of implementation of reforms towards ease of doing business. There were eight areas of assessment. In the area of “obtaining infrastructure related utilities”, Punjab had a score of 33%, just around the Indian average of 32.01% and far below top-ranked Maharashtra with a score of 88.89%. Out of five criteria for this area, two of them directly addressed the electricity sector: “Timelines for utility connections” and “Obtaining electricity connections. To improve the performance in the field of ease of doing business and also to consume surplus power available in the State, there is urgent need to simplify the procedures for release of connections.
The Commission proposes to amend various provisions of Punjab State Electricity Regulatory Commission (Electricity Supply Code & Related Matters) Regulations, 2014 to simplify the procedure for release of connections, issue of demand notices and its extension/revival. Staff Paper in this regard has been prepared and is available on the website of the Commission www.pserc.nic.in. Suggestions and objections are invited from public and stakeholders on the same so as to reach the undersigned on or before 9th Mar 2017 in person or by post.
(Public Notice): http://pserc.nic.in/pages/Public-Notice-15-2-17.pdf
(Staff Paper): http://www.pserc.nic.in/pages/Staff-Paper-15-2-17.pdf
- DVC to file application for FPPPA for 2013-14 and 2014-15 by June 30, 2015 Read more
- Affordable LEDs to cut cost of power purchase by Rs 12 crore in Chandigarh Read more
- Banks, led by State Bank of India, keen to hive off LNG terminal from Dabhol Project Read more
- TN seeks entire power from KKNPP 3, 4 units Read more
- Textile industry expresses concern over idling wind farms Read more
- CBI begins initial probe into ultra mega power projects Read more
- ICPPA opposes government move on non-renewal of coal linkages Read more
- Delhi smog: EPCA lens on diesel vehicles, thermal power plants Read more
- LED bulb prices fall to Rs 75-95 across 16 states Read more
- JERC (Manipur & Mizoram) issues Draft MYT (First Amendment) Regulations, 2014 Read more