Coal News We love to talk!
Mizoram Geology and Mineral Resources Minister H Rohluna today told the state assembly that ONGC has discovered hydrocarbon (gas) deposit at Meidum village in Kolasib district.
Replying to a question from Lalruatkima of the Mizo National Front (MNF), Rohluna said that the report of the ONGC estimated that the gas field would be able to produce 5,52,674 standard cubic feet of gas in a day.
He, however, said that the Indian Oil Limited (OIL) which undertook exploration at Maubuang and Keifang areas in Aizawl district were yet to discover any hydrocarbon deposits while the agreement with the NATFOGAZ company was terminated during 2011-12 after it failed to commence any work.
The three oil giants have paid Rs 23.23 crore as taxes to the Mizoram government for conducting exploratory works, he added.
- Spot crude buying time cut to two hours by Indian Oil Corp (IOC) to boost margins Read more
- Solars tumble starts claiming victims as Trina rethinks India Read more
- PSU oil companies like ONGC, Oil India, to invest Rs 76k crore on project expansion in FY16 Read more
- Government trying to bring in startups for open bidding of small oil and gas fields Read more
- Petrol & diesel on the rise post daily price revisions Read more
- IOC's crude production jumped 65 per cent last fiscal Read more
- OVL posts 44% increase in net profit Read more
- Nagarjuna oil floating in troubled waters again Read more
- ONGC makes significant oil, gas discovery in Arabian Sea Read more
- Nuclear energy: Govt to push for JVs in light water reactor projects Read more