Coal News We love to talk!
Mizoram Geology and Mineral Resources Minister H Rohluna today told the state assembly that ONGC has discovered hydrocarbon (gas) deposit at Meidum village in Kolasib district.
Replying to a question from Lalruatkima of the Mizo National Front (MNF), Rohluna said that the report of the ONGC estimated that the gas field would be able to produce 5,52,674 standard cubic feet of gas in a day.
He, however, said that the Indian Oil Limited (OIL) which undertook exploration at Maubuang and Keifang areas in Aizawl district were yet to discover any hydrocarbon deposits while the agreement with the NATFOGAZ company was terminated during 2011-12 after it failed to commence any work.
The three oil giants have paid Rs 23.23 crore as taxes to the Mizoram government for conducting exploratory works, he added.
- Tripura supplying electricity to Mizoram, Meghalaya Read more
- H-Energy gets nod to lay Maharashtra-Mangalore gas pipeline Read more
- Indian Oil Corporation's credit profile to improve: Moody's Read more
- RIL pipped ONGC on transparency within two years Read more
- Reliance Industries to restart all fuel pump outlets by March 2016 Read more
- RIL to give up 4,266 sq. km of KG-D6 block Read more
- Completion of Bathinda-Srinagar gas pipeline to depend on clearances: Government Read more
- Ministry not considering merger of 13 oil PSUs: Pradhan Read more
- Oil ministry will overhaul exploration policy: Dharmendra Pradhan Read more
- Efforts on to plug major gas leak at Oil India Ltd (OIL) well in Rajasthan Read more