Coal News We love to talk!
Mizoram Geology and Mineral Resources Minister H Rohluna today told the state assembly that ONGC has discovered hydrocarbon (gas) deposit at Meidum village in Kolasib district.
Replying to a question from Lalruatkima of the Mizo National Front (MNF), Rohluna said that the report of the ONGC estimated that the gas field would be able to produce 5,52,674 standard cubic feet of gas in a day.
He, however, said that the Indian Oil Limited (OIL) which undertook exploration at Maubuang and Keifang areas in Aizawl district were yet to discover any hydrocarbon deposits while the agreement with the NATFOGAZ company was terminated during 2011-12 after it failed to commence any work.
The three oil giants have paid Rs 23.23 crore as taxes to the Mizoram government for conducting exploratory works, he added.
- Power ministry to move cabinet soon to revive stranded assets Read more
- Cooking gas, jet fuel to cost less Read more
- Latent energy demand will drive coal use: official Read more
- ONGC agrees to supply gas to Tripura power projectTo set up Rs 5,000-crore fertiliser plant in northern Read more
- Cabinet approves Discovered Small field Round II, 60 fields will be up for auctions Read more
- PM Modi asks Indian energy companies to become Multi National Corporations Read more
- ONGC begins drilling near Chennai Read more
- Work on new CPCL pipeline to commence next month Read more
- RIL lowers us shale gas capex, but bullish on India E&P plans Read more
- ONGC Top Guns Face Travel Allowance Cut Read more