Coal News We love to talk!
Mizoram Geology and Mineral Resources Minister H Rohluna today told the state assembly that ONGC has discovered hydrocarbon (gas) deposit at Meidum village in Kolasib district.
Replying to a question from Lalruatkima of the Mizo National Front (MNF), Rohluna said that the report of the ONGC estimated that the gas field would be able to produce 5,52,674 standard cubic feet of gas in a day.
He, however, said that the Indian Oil Limited (OIL) which undertook exploration at Maubuang and Keifang areas in Aizawl district were yet to discover any hydrocarbon deposits while the agreement with the NATFOGAZ company was terminated during 2011-12 after it failed to commence any work.
The three oil giants have paid Rs 23.23 crore as taxes to the Mizoram government for conducting exploratory works, he added.
- Crude shock: All's not well for OMCs Read more
- BHEL likely to be next on the disinvestment list; ONGC, IOC sell-off may be delayed Read more
- Iran said to cut discounts on oil sales to Indias state-run refiners MRPL, Indian Oil Corp Read more
- OVL, Rosneft sign pact for 11% stake in Vankorneft Read more
- Brent rises above$111 on supply worries, economy optimism Read more
- `Pass on crude price increases to consumers' Read more
- Near its 3-year low, is Cairn's stock a steal? Read more
- ONGC plans to achieve target in gas and oil production Read more
- OVL charts revival path for Imperial energy as output falls drastically Read more
- ONGC's Tripura plant to start generation from July end Read more