Coal News We love to talk!
Mizoram Geology and Mineral Resources Minister H Rohluna today told the state assembly that ONGC has discovered hydrocarbon (gas) deposit at Meidum village in Kolasib district.
Replying to a question from Lalruatkima of the Mizo National Front (MNF), Rohluna said that the report of the ONGC estimated that the gas field would be able to produce 5,52,674 standard cubic feet of gas in a day.
He, however, said that the Indian Oil Limited (OIL) which undertook exploration at Maubuang and Keifang areas in Aizawl district were yet to discover any hydrocarbon deposits while the agreement with the NATFOGAZ company was terminated during 2011-12 after it failed to commence any work.
The three oil giants have paid Rs 23.23 crore as taxes to the Mizoram government for conducting exploratory works, he added.
- Oil price spike to hit airlines, OMCs Read more
- Oil & gas cos hope govt will let market decide gas pricing Read more
- Draft norms on fuel efficiency for heavy vehicles by 1 April: Dharmendra Pradhan Read more
- Indian Oil Corp retail outlets in rural West Bengal start dispensing cash Read more
- Reliance Industries plans major expansion at its Jamnagar refinery complex Read more
- Ved Prakash Mahawar takes over as ONGC director Read more
- Environment ministry notice to ONGC over Mumbai oil spill Read more
- Cairndrills 1st exploration well on Rajasthan block Read more
- Ennore-Tuticorin gas pipeline project for IOC likely Read more
- With oil big boys not keen, will national cos move in? Read more