Coal News We love to talk!
Mizoram Geology and Mineral Resources Minister H Rohluna today told the state assembly that ONGC has discovered hydrocarbon (gas) deposit at Meidum village in Kolasib district.
Replying to a question from Lalruatkima of the Mizo National Front (MNF), Rohluna said that the report of the ONGC estimated that the gas field would be able to produce 5,52,674 standard cubic feet of gas in a day.
He, however, said that the Indian Oil Limited (OIL) which undertook exploration at Maubuang and Keifang areas in Aizawl district were yet to discover any hydrocarbon deposits while the agreement with the NATFOGAZ company was terminated during 2011-12 after it failed to commence any work.
The three oil giants have paid Rs 23.23 crore as taxes to the Mizoram government for conducting exploratory works, he added.
- Supreme Court allows Adani to submit bids for city gas distribution network in Jaipur, Udaipur Read more
- ONGC Videsh gets parent backing for spending allowance hike Read more
- ONGC surpasses TCS to become most valued company Read more
- Greenko to foray into solar power generation, looks for global partners Read more
- India's Iran oil jumps by a fifth in February from January Read more
- 'Common carrier' move will hit pipeline development: IOC Read more
- We are using extra tax from fuel to develop infra: Dharmendra Pradhan Read more
- PM Modi's photos at petrol pumps violate model code: Election Commission Read more
- Reliance Industries slaps arbitration notice on government over $1.55 bn demand: Dharmendra Pradhan Read more
- Sell domestic LPG only to PSU oil firms: Government to producers Read more