Coal News We love to talk!
Mizoram Geology and Mineral Resources Minister H Rohluna today told the state assembly that ONGC has discovered hydrocarbon (gas) deposit at Meidum village in Kolasib district.
Replying to a question from Lalruatkima of the Mizo National Front (MNF), Rohluna said that the report of the ONGC estimated that the gas field would be able to produce 5,52,674 standard cubic feet of gas in a day.
He, however, said that the Indian Oil Limited (OIL) which undertook exploration at Maubuang and Keifang areas in Aizawl district were yet to discover any hydrocarbon deposits while the agreement with the NATFOGAZ company was terminated during 2011-12 after it failed to commence any work.
The three oil giants have paid Rs 23.23 crore as taxes to the Mizoram government for conducting exploratory works, he added.
- ONGC, Oil India making losses on natural gas production: Officials Read more
- ONGC manages to beat private firms in oil hunt Read more
- Stir against GAIL pipeline continues in Kerala Read more
- KG Basin: Reliance Industries disallowed $380 million more in cost recovery Read more
- Oil cos make LPG, petrol available in Jammu and Kashmir Read more
- Crude oil market may re-balance in mid-2015 Read more
- Reliance Industries' partner Niko Resources puts KG-D6 stake for sale Read more
- Nepal-India pipeline to be finished in 30 months: Minister Read more
- BPCL arm to build India's first cross-country pipeline Read more
- Oil firms in talks to buy stake in Siberia oil project: Sources Read more