Coal News We love to talk!
Mizoram Geology and Mineral Resources Minister H Rohluna today told the state assembly that ONGC has discovered hydrocarbon (gas) deposit at Meidum village in Kolasib district.
Replying to a question from Lalruatkima of the Mizo National Front (MNF), Rohluna said that the report of the ONGC estimated that the gas field would be able to produce 5,52,674 standard cubic feet of gas in a day.
He, however, said that the Indian Oil Limited (OIL) which undertook exploration at Maubuang and Keifang areas in Aizawl district were yet to discover any hydrocarbon deposits while the agreement with the NATFOGAZ company was terminated during 2011-12 after it failed to commence any work.
The three oil giants have paid Rs 23.23 crore as taxes to the Mizoram government for conducting exploratory works, he added.
- Brent crude falls to $103 on weak US data Read more
- IOC wants review of petrol prices Read more
- ONGC and RIL-Shell counter oil ministrys claim for profit dues Read more
- Higher volumes, margins boost Mahanagar Gas Read more
- Ennore project: IOC confident of meeting TN norms on pipeline alignment Read more
- Oil & gas fields auction this month to be on simpler terms Read more
- Smog-choked India is giving the filthiest fuel a tax advantage Read more
- Govt examining proposal to hike excise duty on diesel cars Read more
- Reliance Industries, ONGC face 18% cut in natural gas price Read more
- Cairn seeks nod to raise oil production by 70% in Raj block Read more