Coal News We love to talk!
Mizoram Geology and Mineral Resources Minister H Rohluna today told the state assembly that ONGC has discovered hydrocarbon (gas) deposit at Meidum village in Kolasib district.
Replying to a question from Lalruatkima of the Mizo National Front (MNF), Rohluna said that the report of the ONGC estimated that the gas field would be able to produce 5,52,674 standard cubic feet of gas in a day.
He, however, said that the Indian Oil Limited (OIL) which undertook exploration at Maubuang and Keifang areas in Aizawl district were yet to discover any hydrocarbon deposits while the agreement with the NATFOGAZ company was terminated during 2011-12 after it failed to commence any work.
The three oil giants have paid Rs 23.23 crore as taxes to the Mizoram government for conducting exploratory works, he added.
- Dept of petrochemicals should merge with oil ministry: Amitabh Kant Read more
- Oil ministry seeks details of foreign lenders in KG-D6 consortium Read more
- Manufacturing, power, non-financial firms shed Rs40,300 cr assets in 2 years Read more
- India looks to boost energy ties with UK Read more
- Government orders Reliance Industries Limited to stop retail of local liquefied petroleum gas Read more
- Coal, gas and misaligned priorities Read more
- Low rig rates may have led RIL to scrap drillship deal Read more
- Crude oil mixed in Asia on Chinas growth concerns Read more
- Parliamentary panel interrogates ONGC's Imperial Energy acquisition bid Read more
- World CO2 emissions flat for third straight year even as global economy grew in 2016 Read more