Power News We love to talk!
Mumbai Mayor Vishwanath Mahadeshwar has said that employees of the Brihanmumbai Electric Supply and Transport (BEST) undertaking will receive their salaries from March 21.
Mr. Mahadeshwar said that 31,000 employees of Grades 3 and 4 will receive their salaries on March 21, while 11,000 officers will receive their salaries on March 22. The announcement was made following a joint meeting of senior officials of BEST and the municipal corporation called by the Mayor.
No word on source
However, Mr. Mahadeshwar refused to give an exact source of funding for the Rs. 185 crore needed to pay the salaries. He said the salaries would be paid from BEST’s funds. He also said an action plan would be drafted within a week to resolve the BEST’s financial problems.
‘State help welcome’
When asked if the State government’s help would be sought for bailing out the BEST, the Mayor said while State help was welcome, the BMC and BEST were capable of sorting out their own problems. The BEST, which is facing huge losses, had sought bank loans to pay the salaries for the month of February.
- From TCS to Tata Sons, N Chandrasekaran may lose crores in annual pay Read more
- Solar companies, landowners going for leasing mode Read more
- A good business model is needed for green energy Read more
- Oil & gas companies need to be insured the `right' way Read more
- Adani in talks with Australia aboriginal group to resolve land issue Read more
- Narendra Modi meets top global, Indian oil chiefs to revive investment Read more
- Adopt latest technology to manage solid waste: Asim Ahmed Khan Read more
- Schneider Electric appoints Mohan Somasi as VP of Hub Execution Centre Read more
- Kochi is most suitable place for eco museum: Galla Read more
- ONGC to buy into Adani-Welspuns oil block off Mumbai coast Read more