Power News We love to talk!
Mumbai Mayor Vishwanath Mahadeshwar has said that employees of the Brihanmumbai Electric Supply and Transport (BEST) undertaking will receive their salaries from March 21.
Mr. Mahadeshwar said that 31,000 employees of Grades 3 and 4 will receive their salaries on March 21, while 11,000 officers will receive their salaries on March 22. The announcement was made following a joint meeting of senior officials of BEST and the municipal corporation called by the Mayor.
No word on source
However, Mr. Mahadeshwar refused to give an exact source of funding for the Rs. 185 crore needed to pay the salaries. He said the salaries would be paid from BEST’s funds. He also said an action plan would be drafted within a week to resolve the BEST’s financial problems.
‘State help welcome’
When asked if the State government’s help would be sought for bailing out the BEST, the Mayor said while State help was welcome, the BMC and BEST were capable of sorting out their own problems. The BEST, which is facing huge losses, had sought bank loans to pay the salaries for the month of February.
- IOC sends first consignment from Paradip oil refinery Read more
- Uninterrupted power supply to HT consumers in six cities soon Read more
- IDFC Alternatives in talks to invest Rs600 crore in ACME Solar Read more
- ONGC western offshore assets see 11% rise in crude oil production Read more
- Ambani Said to Explore Mile Below Biggest Field: Corporate India Read more
- 'We didn't have deep pockets to go ahead with K-G basin discovery' Read more
- LED lights to carry energy efficiency labels Read more
- Over 250 projects worth Rs 11 lakh crore queue up for fast-track clearance by PM-backed cell Read more
- Essar Moves Court against ONGC Read more
- RInfra evaluating InvIT for Metro, power transmission businesses Read more