Power News We love to talk!
Yogi Adityanath, a five-term Lok Sabha MP from Gorakhpur named as the next Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh on Saturday, is as conversant with the electricity sector’s dynamics as he is with religious rights of Hindus, it seems.
The new CM designate of UP had recently alleged that the Samajwadi Party government is trying to hijack the claim for benefits accruing to people from the schemes run by the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) government at the centre.
“The Central government is sending funds for electrification under Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojna and Integrated Power Development Scheme for those suffering from major power cuts. Free LPG connections under Ujjwala Yojna and funds for ambulances have been given. However, the SP government is promoting these schemes under its own name,” he had recently said while addressing a gathering in Ghaziabad of the heads of villages in Western UP.
The 44 year-old priest-turned-politician had used the reference to the electricity sector’s pet schemes to criticise the development agenda of Akhilesh Yadav.
Deen Dayal Upadhyay Gram Jyoti Yojana (DDUGJY) is a flagship programme of the power ministry. The scheme aims at bringing about rural reforms through enabling round-the-clock power for all. Under the scheme, the government implements projects related to feeder segregation (separating rural households and agricultural loads), strengthening transmission and distribution infrastructure and metering.
The Integrated Power Development Scheme (IPDS) aims at improving the power supply situation in urban areas through reduction in Aggregate Technical & Commercial (AT&C) losses, strengthening transmission and distribution infrastructure, metering of distribution transformers and establishing IT-enabled energy accounting.
- Inox Wind bags 2 orders of 100 MW capacity in M.P., Gujarat Read more
- BPCL profit up over four-fold in Q4, declares 1:1 bonus Read more
- Cost hikes overrun energy sector Read more
- Power companies refrain from bidding for Gujarat's low-cost electricity Read more
- New transmission line offers respite to power hit Assam Read more
- Indian Railways to set up additional 8,500 km of transmission lines to end dependence on state discoms Read more
- Govt flips the switch to 20-year power plan Read more
- Green nod to Rs 4,641 crore Kiru hydro project in Jammu and Kashmir Read more
- Government notifies 33 per cent gas price hike; CNG prices raised Read more
- Adani Power to acquire Avantha group's Korba project for Rs 4,200 crore Read more