Power News We love to talk!
Yogi Adityanath, a five-term Lok Sabha MP from Gorakhpur named as the next Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh on Saturday, is as conversant with the electricity sector’s dynamics as he is with religious rights of Hindus, it seems.
The new CM designate of UP had recently alleged that the Samajwadi Party government is trying to hijack the claim for benefits accruing to people from the schemes run by the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) government at the centre.
“The Central government is sending funds for electrification under Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojna and Integrated Power Development Scheme for those suffering from major power cuts. Free LPG connections under Ujjwala Yojna and funds for ambulances have been given. However, the SP government is promoting these schemes under its own name,” he had recently said while addressing a gathering in Ghaziabad of the heads of villages in Western UP.
The 44 year-old priest-turned-politician had used the reference to the electricity sector’s pet schemes to criticise the development agenda of Akhilesh Yadav.
Deen Dayal Upadhyay Gram Jyoti Yojana (DDUGJY) is a flagship programme of the power ministry. The scheme aims at bringing about rural reforms through enabling round-the-clock power for all. Under the scheme, the government implements projects related to feeder segregation (separating rural households and agricultural loads), strengthening transmission and distribution infrastructure and metering.
The Integrated Power Development Scheme (IPDS) aims at improving the power supply situation in urban areas through reduction in Aggregate Technical & Commercial (AT&C) losses, strengthening transmission and distribution infrastructure, metering of distribution transformers and establishing IT-enabled energy accounting.
- Confusion over customs duty blindsides solar energy firms Read more
- Essar Power finally turns around with Rs39 crore net in fiscal 2016 Read more
- Policy key to unlock Indian Energy Exchanges full potential Read more
- Open bidding is the best option for coal block allocation Read more
- India 4th largest refiner in the world sees fall in export of petrol products Read more
- 2,700 power theft cases settled Read more
- Gas price hike plan may hit power sector by Rs 46,360 cr a year Read more
- Budget has limited short term impact on power sector: Fitch Read more
- Can India lead on green buildings, clean energy and corporate sustainability? Read more
- Power supply to interim Secretariat likely by June 15 Read more