Power News We love to talk!
Yogi Adityanath, a five-term Lok Sabha MP from Gorakhpur named as the next Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh on Saturday, is as conversant with the electricity sector’s dynamics as he is with religious rights of Hindus, it seems.
The new CM designate of UP had recently alleged that the Samajwadi Party government is trying to hijack the claim for benefits accruing to people from the schemes run by the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) government at the centre.
“The Central government is sending funds for electrification under Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojna and Integrated Power Development Scheme for those suffering from major power cuts. Free LPG connections under Ujjwala Yojna and funds for ambulances have been given. However, the SP government is promoting these schemes under its own name,” he had recently said while addressing a gathering in Ghaziabad of the heads of villages in Western UP.
The 44 year-old priest-turned-politician had used the reference to the electricity sector’s pet schemes to criticise the development agenda of Akhilesh Yadav.
Deen Dayal Upadhyay Gram Jyoti Yojana (DDUGJY) is a flagship programme of the power ministry. The scheme aims at bringing about rural reforms through enabling round-the-clock power for all. Under the scheme, the government implements projects related to feeder segregation (separating rural households and agricultural loads), strengthening transmission and distribution infrastructure and metering.
The Integrated Power Development Scheme (IPDS) aims at improving the power supply situation in urban areas through reduction in Aggregate Technical & Commercial (AT&C) losses, strengthening transmission and distribution infrastructure, metering of distribution transformers and establishing IT-enabled energy accounting.
- India looking to import LNG from Australia Read more
- Coal India board ratifies Rs 11,000-cr thermal power foray Read more
- Centre may make solar systems mandatory on roof-tops Read more
- Eliminate petroproduct subsidies: Firm decision will improve the health of OMCs Read more
- RK Malhotra given additional charge as Chairman of IOC Read more
- Private players likely to take up installation of solar pump-sets Read more
- TATA discom files plea with DERC against compensation order Read more
- 12 hamlets in Karjat get electricity for first time Read more
- India plans to fast-track hydro power projects in Kashmir region Read more
- World keenly watching Indias solar power initiatives: Farooq Abdullah Read more