Power News We love to talk!
As part of their ongoing hour-long drives at night, vigilance teams of Madhya Pradesh Paschim Kshetra Vidyut Vitaran Company Ltd. (MPPKVVCL) on Thursday night disconnected around 1,000 connections in Indore region.
Officials said that separate teams were formed and the vigilance team members also examined more than 2,000 connections. They said that all 29 zones in the region were extensively checked on Thursday and illegal power usage was spotted in some of these zones.
“Our teams disconnected over 1,000 connections on Thursday night. We have been given a target of Rs 115 crore to be achieved before March 31 and so far we have managed to collect around Rs 66 crore from these drives,” said the discom’s superintendent engineer Subroto Roy.
“We are running special hour-long drives at night to clear arrears. Connections of consumers who have defaulted on payments of their electricity bills for the last three months are being disconnected. Besides we are also focusing on illegal power pilferage especially in densely populated areas,” he added.
Around 500 field staff and 100 engineers have been on field to run both disconnection and recovery drives in all 29 zones of the city. Officials said that property and belongings of defaulters are also being seized to compel them into clearing their dues. “In the past ten days, our recovery teams have seized around six cars and 45 other items of consumers,” they said.
For example, in Daly college zone of the company’s south division, vigilance teams on Thursday disconnected around 117 connections, and collected Rs 6 lakh from 62 of these connections. “On Thursday night, we disconnected around 35 connections. Arrears of around Rs 5 lakh were pending and after some disconnections a total amount of Rs 3 lakh was collected from defaulters,” said an engineer of the company’s Daly college zone. He added that they also detected illegal power usage in three connections.
- Thermal Power companies fail to meet MoEF's 100% fly ash use target Read more
- PTC India Financial Services sells IEX stake for 133 crore Read more
- Odisha to get Rs 45k cr from coal auctions Read more
- Hydropower plants increase production in June as rains pick up Read more
- Shares of power focused lenders fall on interest income hit Read more
- 9-yr-old moves NGT on issue of climate change impact Read more
- GST on power equipment to cost Tamil Nadu power discomRs 500 crore Read more
- Round three of coal auctions set to begin on Tuesday Read more
- Tenants must get power subsidy: Satyendar Jain Read more
- Solar energy systems maker Orb Energy gets Rs 95 cr from FMO and Others Read more