Power News We love to talk!
The Adani Group, a $12-billion global integrated infrastructure conglomerate, on Monday said it has joined Global Energy Interconnection Development and Cooperation Organization (GEIDCO) as a member.
The Group is the first Indian conglomerate to join GEIDCO. GEIDCO is a non-governmental, non-profit, international organisation of global firms, associations, institutions and individuals dedicated to promoting sustainable development of energy worldwide, the group said in a statement here today.
The purpose of GEIDCO is to promote establishment of a global energy interconnection system, to meet the global demand for electricity in a clean and green way, to implement the United Nations “Sustainable Energy for All” and climate change initiatives, and to serve the sustainable development of humanity.
The Group’s transmission business and renewable energy business will significantly contribute towards the purpose of GEIDCO.
- BERC issues order on levellised tariff for solar PV and thermal projects for 2014-15 Read more
- Banks may cut funding to Rajasthan discoms missing UDAY targets Read more
- MPERC imposes penalty on MPPMCL for non-compliance of solar RPO during 2011-12 to 2013-14 Read more
- Challenges await govts waste-to-energy plant project Read more
- Huge potential to tap renewable energy: Official Read more
- India, Canada sign three MoUs in energy, infrastructure at Vibrant Gujarat Summit Read more
- Coal India to invest Rs 5,900 crore, clears 3 projects of 40 mn tonnes capacity Read more
- Steep fall in wind power installations in first half of FY18 Read more
- US, EU should have consulted others on Iran sanctions: South Africa Read more
- No power cut in Odisha during summer Read more