Power News We love to talk!
The Adani Group, a $12-billion global integrated infrastructure conglomerate, on Monday said it has joined Global Energy Interconnection Development and Cooperation Organization (GEIDCO) as a member.
The Group is the first Indian conglomerate to join GEIDCO. GEIDCO is a non-governmental, non-profit, international organisation of global firms, associations, institutions and individuals dedicated to promoting sustainable development of energy worldwide, the group said in a statement here today.
The purpose of GEIDCO is to promote establishment of a global energy interconnection system, to meet the global demand for electricity in a clean and green way, to implement the United Nations “Sustainable Energy for All” and climate change initiatives, and to serve the sustainable development of humanity.
The Group’s transmission business and renewable energy business will significantly contribute towards the purpose of GEIDCO.
- APERC invites comments on Amended New RPPO Regulation Draft Read more
- Coal block sale: Asset value, imported coal rate will not be factored into auction price Read more
- Seychelles ratifies international solar alliance framework pact Read more
- CERC notifies draft regulations for determination of renewable tariff Read more
- Centre proposes to convert 75% of loans to discoms into govt bonds Read more
- Alstom T&D bags Rs 56 crore order to supply energy management system to Sri Lankan grid Read more
- Govt using 80% consumer money to show power subsidy in Punjab : AAP Read more
- New and renewable energy ministry takes cue from PM Narendra Modi, starts work on solar projects Read more
- Renewables to account for 55% of total installed capacity by 2030: RK Singh Read more
- Rise in electricity demand to revive stressed power companies: Experts Read more