Power News We love to talk!
The Adani Group, a $12-billion global integrated infrastructure conglomerate, on Monday said it has joined Global Energy Interconnection Development and Cooperation Organization (GEIDCO) as a member.
The Group is the first Indian conglomerate to join GEIDCO. GEIDCO is a non-governmental, non-profit, international organisation of global firms, associations, institutions and individuals dedicated to promoting sustainable development of energy worldwide, the group said in a statement here today.
The purpose of GEIDCO is to promote establishment of a global energy interconnection system, to meet the global demand for electricity in a clean and green way, to implement the United Nations “Sustainable Energy for All” and climate change initiatives, and to serve the sustainable development of humanity.
The Group’s transmission business and renewable energy business will significantly contribute towards the purpose of GEIDCO.
- Brent crude fluctuates amid signs of easing US oil supplies Read more
- Power and coal sectors headed for chaos Read more
- India planning sub-sea power cable to Lanka Read more
- National Wind-Solar Hybrid Policy: Projects to cut cost of renewables by a quarter Read more
- Tata Power plans to raise Rs. 7,000 cr via bonds Read more
- APERC notifies tariff for wind projects commissioned in 2015-16 Read more
- Bescom hopes to generate solar power to meet Bengaluru's rising demand Read more
- In 10 years, half of India's energy capacity will be from non-fossil fuel sources Read more
- Oil Stocks Biggest Losers With Valuations Lowest Since 2009 Read more
- Rajasthan aims 3,780 mw solar capacity by April next Read more