Power News We love to talk!
The Adani Group, a $12-billion global integrated infrastructure conglomerate, on Monday said it has joined Global Energy Interconnection Development and Cooperation Organization (GEIDCO) as a member.
The Group is the first Indian conglomerate to join GEIDCO. GEIDCO is a non-governmental, non-profit, international organisation of global firms, associations, institutions and individuals dedicated to promoting sustainable development of energy worldwide, the group said in a statement here today.
The purpose of GEIDCO is to promote establishment of a global energy interconnection system, to meet the global demand for electricity in a clean and green way, to implement the United Nations “Sustainable Energy for All” and climate change initiatives, and to serve the sustainable development of humanity.
The Group’s transmission business and renewable energy business will significantly contribute towards the purpose of GEIDCO.
- Essar Energy signs PPA with Noida Power Company Ltd. Read more
- Vivaan Solar to expand Resco mode, IPP project portfolio Read more
- Regen Powertech to launch wind-solar hybrid systems Read more
- India and Germany team up for mobility solutions, solar power Read more
- About WindStream Technologies: Founded in 2008, WindStream Technologies, a public company Read more
- 3,460MW wind energy capacity addition in FY16 exceeds target Read more
- CERC to shortly finalise orders in Tata, Adani cases Read more
- Telangana awaits final report on power sharing Read more
- Karnataka: Revision of Tariff for Wind Energy Projects Read more
- World Bank wont fund coal-related projects in India Read more