Power News We love to talk!
The Adani Group, a $12-billion global integrated infrastructure conglomerate, on Monday said it has joined Global Energy Interconnection Development and Cooperation Organization (GEIDCO) as a member.
The Group is the first Indian conglomerate to join GEIDCO. GEIDCO is a non-governmental, non-profit, international organisation of global firms, associations, institutions and individuals dedicated to promoting sustainable development of energy worldwide, the group said in a statement here today.
The purpose of GEIDCO is to promote establishment of a global energy interconnection system, to meet the global demand for electricity in a clean and green way, to implement the United Nations “Sustainable Energy for All” and climate change initiatives, and to serve the sustainable development of humanity.
The Group’s transmission business and renewable energy business will significantly contribute towards the purpose of GEIDCO.
- Showcause notices to 30 coal block allottees next month Read more
- India among top ten green bond market, says energy research firm Bridge To India report Read more
- Fixing power: Franchisee discom model makes a comeback; Rajasthan to hand over distribution in Kota & Bharatpur to CESC Read more
- Solar Energy Corporation of India plans to set up more solar plants Read more
- Rooftop solar firms look to raise equity investment Read more
- Wheels India signs tech agreement with Spanish company for wind components Read more
- Mytrah close to raising Rs800 crore from Piramal SFG Read more
- 248 tribal families to get solar LEDs Read more
- ONGC's benefits from gas price hike shrinking as crude oil keeps falling Read more
- Tata Power to scale back spending plan Read more