Coal News We love to talk!
The deadline of January 31 for Aadhaar card linkage with LPG connection in some districts of West Bengal is expected to be extended by the government.
"Given what we have seen in other places, the government is expected to extend the deadline as seeding of Aadhaar is very low," Indian Oil Corporation Executive Director (East) Indrajit Bose said here today on the sidelines of the inauguration of the annual oil and gas conservation fortnight.
In Kolkata, Aadhaar seeding with banks is 11-12 per cent, while with oil companies it is 20 per cent. In Howarh, the figure is 13-14 per cent and 22 per cent for seeding with banks and oil companies respectively, Bose said.
The state government was targeting to implement bank transfer of LPG subsidy by January 31 in Kolkata, Howrah and Cooch Behar districts. Asked when would camps for Aadhaar card begin in the city, Bose said the National Population Register, which is the nodal agency for the purpose, was expected to start its operation by February.
"They are running a pilot project and trying to stabilise their system before rolling out the camps in Kolkata and Howrah," he said. The Oil Ministry plans to bring entire West Bengal in phases under the direct transfer mechanism, he said.
Meanwhile, the annual conservation fortnight will continue till January 31. The event was also attended by HPCL regional head R M Pattanik and Gail head (east) U S Pandey.
- Petronet loses Rs 400 cr on Kochi pipeline delay Read more
- Heres why Modi govt has cut LPG subsidy funds by 17% Read more
- State-run fuel marketers unlikely to face threat from private firms Read more
- Govt pushes back deadline for small oil & gas field auction Read more
- OIL to recruit 2500 Assam youths in next five years Read more
- ONGC may gain Rs 1,500 crore in H1 with natural gas price hike Read more
- Petroleum sector: Crude fall offers comfort, but rupee remains a worry Read more
- Gajendra Singh is GAIL's new marketing director Read more
- HPCL asks Airtel to transfer LPG subsidies to bank accounts Read more
- Cairn India: Vedanta seeks PM's intervention in Rajasthan block exploration Read more