Coal News We love to talk!
The deadline of January 31 for Aadhaar card linkage with LPG connection in some districts of West Bengal is expected to be extended by the government.
"Given what we have seen in other places, the government is expected to extend the deadline as seeding of Aadhaar is very low," Indian Oil Corporation Executive Director (East) Indrajit Bose said here today on the sidelines of the inauguration of the annual oil and gas conservation fortnight.
In Kolkata, Aadhaar seeding with banks is 11-12 per cent, while with oil companies it is 20 per cent. In Howarh, the figure is 13-14 per cent and 22 per cent for seeding with banks and oil companies respectively, Bose said.
The state government was targeting to implement bank transfer of LPG subsidy by January 31 in Kolkata, Howrah and Cooch Behar districts. Asked when would camps for Aadhaar card begin in the city, Bose said the National Population Register, which is the nodal agency for the purpose, was expected to start its operation by February.
"They are running a pilot project and trying to stabilise their system before rolling out the camps in Kolkata and Howrah," he said. The Oil Ministry plans to bring entire West Bengal in phases under the direct transfer mechanism, he said.
Meanwhile, the annual conservation fortnight will continue till January 31. The event was also attended by HPCL regional head R M Pattanik and Gail head (east) U S Pandey.
- ONGC split over booking LNG at Swan terminal Read more
- India's September fuel demand rises at fastest pace in a decade Read more
- Power sector players bat for GST, infra status for T&D, service tax waiver Read more
- BHEL commissions second gas-based power plant in Tripura Read more
- RIL-BP's Rs 40,000 crore investment plan in KG-D6 approved Read more
- ONGC Tripura Power venture tangled in red tape Read more
- Indian Oil Corporation refuses stake sale offer in Nagarjuna oil project Read more
- ONGC Videsh offers to invest $6.2 billion in Iranian gas field Read more
- An Electrifying Confusion Read more
- India to gradually move to gas-based economy: Dharmendra Pradhan Read more