Power News We love to talk!
GE Energy Connections has successfully transmitted 1,500 MW of power for phase-I of the Champa Ultra High Voltage Direct Current (UHVDC) project of Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd.
In a statement GE said the project will cater to an estimated 46 per cent of India’s population and benefit people in North India with states such as Punjab, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan.
To meet part of this need, the Champa 800 kV UHVDC project will connect thermal power produced in Chhattisgarh to the north via Kurukshetra, through a 1,365 km energy highway. Executed in two phases, the project will transport 6,000 MW of power upon full completion. Both phases comprise two poles, each with the capacity to transmit 1,500 MW. This is also the first 800 kV scheme in the world to use dedicated me
"Connecting people all over the world to the energy they need to live and thrive is our purpose at Energy Connections. When we help turn the lights on for the India's Northern region, we are improving the lives of over half a billion people. We are proud to have partnered with Power Grid to deliver and commission this brand new 800 kV UHVDC connection for India," said Reinaldo Garcia, president and CEO, Grid Solutions from GE Energy Connections.
- Waaree to set up 1,000 centres for solar solutions Read more
- Discoms turn to smart meters to manage power demand in Delhi Read more
- No gas! Inclusion in GST to light up producer, distributor stocks Read more
- Telangana starts getting Chhattisgarh power Read more
- CERC approves transmission charges for MSETCLs inter-state transmission lines Read more
- Hero Future Energies, Greenko in race to acquire Orange Renewable Read more
- Jindal Power & KSK Mahanadi suffers a setback as APTEL upholds CERC decision denying part allocation of Transmission Corridor for LTOA Read more
- Aligarh Muslim University to hold workshop on green initiatives Read more
- India reduces expenditure on energy subsidies by $15.4 billion: Study Read more
- Finolex Cables to set up solar power plant near Pune Read more