Power News We love to talk!
NTPC’s Khahalgaon Super Thermal Power Station (KhSTPS) has generated record 15,794.91 million units of electricity in the financial year 2016-2017.
According to KhSTPS’s group general manager (GGM) Rakesh Samuel, the 2340-MW plant’s operational efficiency touched 93.96% during the financial year.
“The NTPC is striving to produce low-cost electricity. That’s why we have stopped using imported coal. We have also achieved zero-effluent discharge to make the region pollution free,” Samuel said.
Talking to newsmen on Wednesday, Samuel further said the KhSTPS effectively regulated coal supplies from the Eastern Coalfields Limited (Lalmatia, Jharkhand) so as to cut the production cost. “The company also aims to produce 10 MW electricity through solar energy,” he said.
Referring to social obligations of the power plant, the GGM said the KhSTPS would now focus on providing pure and safe drinking water to the villages adjoining the plant. A sanitation drive has also been launched in the region under the ‘Swachh Bharat Abhiyan’ as part of the NTPC’s corporate social responsibilities.
“Our pollution control measures include, besides sustained zero- effluent discharge, production of compost and production of biogas. We have also planted around 10.2 lakh trees,” Samuel said.
- Government formulating fresh scheme to revive stressed power assets Read more
- Mahan I project to be fully operational this fiscal: Essar Power Read more
- NTPC thrust on improving efficiency Read more
- Cheaper nuclear power forms only a small part of energy needs Read more
- IREDAs Loan Scheme for Rooftop Solar PV Power Projects Launched Read more
- Welspuns 1.1 GW green assets attract Tata Power, Greenko Read more
- Cabinet allows amendments to national tariff policy for differential power prices Read more
- APERC Notified the Public Hearing on 19th Nov 2016 on APERC (Forecasting, Scheduling, Deviation Settlement and Related Matters of Solar and Wind Generation Sources) Regulations, 2016 Read more
- IREDA Gets Miniratna Status Read more
- Mexico Pledges to Cut Emissions 25 Percent in Climate Change Milestone Read more