Power News We love to talk!
Reliance Infrastructure-promoted Mumbai Metro One announces the finalization and signing of the agreement for going green in a big way by harnessing solar power to meet a part of its electricity requirement. Mumbai Metro One has already initiated the installation of light-emitting diode (LED) lighting at all its metro stations, depot, and administrative buildings to reduce electricity consumption. The installation of solar panels and LED lighting will save carbon footprint of approx 2,430 tons per year.
The plant is being set up under Renewable Energy Service Company (RESCO) model wherein Mumbai Metro One will purchase the electricity at Rs 5.10 per unit and all the expenses for setting up and operating the plant shall be undertaken by the vendor of the Solar PV Plant.
This initiative is a part of Mumbai Metro One’s 'Go Green Go Clean’ campaign launched to mark its second anniversary. To start with, rooftop solar panels will be installed at Andheri and Ghatkopar Metro stations and thereafter, the remaining stations will be covered. The solar power generating system will have an installed capacity of approximately 2.30 mega watt peak (mwp), out of which about 2 mwp will be produced from the rooftop installations at the stations while the remaining power will be produced from the panels set up at the depot.
- BSES Rajdhani, BSES Yamuna offer cashback on electricity bill payment via e-wallets Read more
- Discom blames heat wave for power woes Read more
- Power utilities should be freed from political interference:West Bengal Read more
- Rupee derailing $1.6 billion wind farm revival Read more
- Energy-efficient ACs, fans to get cheaper soon Read more
- India, Russia may join hands for providing nuclear energy to third country Read more
- Modi hand in glove with power discoms: Kejriwal Read more
- Maamba Collieries synchronises 150 MW unit with Zambian Grid Read more
- Setback for CERC as SC stays trading in green energy certificates Read more
- Shell eyes 1,500 petrol pumps in 10 years in India Read more