Power News We love to talk!
Reliance Infrastructure-promoted Mumbai Metro One announces the finalization and signing of the agreement for going green in a big way by harnessing solar power to meet a part of its electricity requirement. Mumbai Metro One has already initiated the installation of light-emitting diode (LED) lighting at all its metro stations, depot, and administrative buildings to reduce electricity consumption. The installation of solar panels and LED lighting will save carbon footprint of approx 2,430 tons per year.
The plant is being set up under Renewable Energy Service Company (RESCO) model wherein Mumbai Metro One will purchase the electricity at Rs 5.10 per unit and all the expenses for setting up and operating the plant shall be undertaken by the vendor of the Solar PV Plant.
This initiative is a part of Mumbai Metro One’s 'Go Green Go Clean’ campaign launched to mark its second anniversary. To start with, rooftop solar panels will be installed at Andheri and Ghatkopar Metro stations and thereafter, the remaining stations will be covered. The solar power generating system will have an installed capacity of approximately 2.30 mega watt peak (mwp), out of which about 2 mwp will be produced from the rooftop installations at the stations while the remaining power will be produced from the panels set up at the depot.
- Arvind Kejriwal meets CAG on audit of private power distribution companies Read more
- Problem of scarcity becomes problem of plenty Read more
- GAIL set to hike domestic price of LNG Read more
- India, other countries signed International Solar Alliance framework agreement Read more
- Maharashtra may seek CVC opinion on PPA with Tata Power's Mundra UMPP Read more
- Solar power products on demand in Kashmir Read more
- BS-III impact: Rebates, freebies help 2-wheeler makers clear inventory Read more
- Reliance power consumers can get 3% cash back using mobile wallets Read more
- Green certificates sale up 62% at 49.56 lakh in 2015-16 Read more
- JSERC trues up accounts, reviews annual performance and determines ARR and retail tariffs for Tata Steel Read more