Coal News We love to talk!
A discussion paper on the modalities for allocation of coal mines through auction route has been placed in the public domain to seek comments of stakeholders, Parliament was informed today.
“To prepare the modalities for allocation of coal mines through auction for sale of coal by private companies, a discussion paper containing proposed eligibility conditions and proposed methodology has been prepared in the first instance to consult the stakeholders,” Coal Minister Piyush Goyal said in a written reply to the Lok Sabha. The discussion paper, he said, has been placed in the public domain for a specified period to solicit public opinion, comments.
Enabling provisions have been made in the Coal Mines (Special Provisions) Act, 2015 for allocation of coal mines by way of auction and allotment for the sale of coal, he said.
“The methodology for allotment of coal mines under the provisions of the Coal Miens (Special Provisions) Act, 2015 to Central/State public sector undertakings for sale of coal has been approved by the government,” he added.
Commercial mines are alloted without specifying the end use and allow private entities to sell the fuel to buyers across sectors such as power, cement and steel. The government has identified four coal blocks which would be put up for auction in the next fiscal.
- CERC access rate hike plan clouds power market Read more
- Uncertainties mount for Tata Power Read more
- JSW Energy close to buying Lanco's Udupi plant Read more
- `Rein in house owners before revising electricity tariff' Read more
- Industry hails CERC breather for Adani Power Read more
- Two-day conference to look at energy audit in educational institutes Read more
- NTPC seeks KG D6 gas beyond 2014 Read more
- Embassy Group to build 200-mw solar power plant in Karnataka Read more
- Karnataka, Goa join UDAY revival plan for state discoms Read more
- Punjab government to offer 66 per cent subsidy to SCs on solar inverters Read more