Coal News We love to talk!
A discussion paper on the modalities for allocation of coal mines through auction route has been placed in the public domain to seek comments of stakeholders, Parliament was informed today.
“To prepare the modalities for allocation of coal mines through auction for sale of coal by private companies, a discussion paper containing proposed eligibility conditions and proposed methodology has been prepared in the first instance to consult the stakeholders,” Coal Minister Piyush Goyal said in a written reply to the Lok Sabha. The discussion paper, he said, has been placed in the public domain for a specified period to solicit public opinion, comments.
Enabling provisions have been made in the Coal Mines (Special Provisions) Act, 2015 for allocation of coal mines by way of auction and allotment for the sale of coal, he said.
“The methodology for allotment of coal mines under the provisions of the Coal Miens (Special Provisions) Act, 2015 to Central/State public sector undertakings for sale of coal has been approved by the government,” he added.
Commercial mines are alloted without specifying the end use and allow private entities to sell the fuel to buyers across sectors such as power, cement and steel. The government has identified four coal blocks which would be put up for auction in the next fiscal.
- Welspun Energy starts work on Baramati solar project Read more
- Telangana plans to add 10,000 MW capacity Read more
- Competitive bidding positive for wind industry in the long run Read more
- NTPC to invest in Odisha's solar energy sector Read more
- MERC modifies APMLs transmission license area Read more
- Report: India may find it tough to meet its electricity needs Read more
- Industry hails CERC breather for Adani Power Read more
- BHEL commissions 600-MW thermal unit in Chhattisgarh Read more
- Five solar power units to come up in Vijayawada Read more
- Green tribunal not to stop laying of power line Read more