Coal News We love to talk!
A discussion paper on the modalities for allocation of coal mines through auction route has been placed in the public domain to seek comments of stakeholders, Parliament was informed today.
“To prepare the modalities for allocation of coal mines through auction for sale of coal by private companies, a discussion paper containing proposed eligibility conditions and proposed methodology has been prepared in the first instance to consult the stakeholders,” Coal Minister Piyush Goyal said in a written reply to the Lok Sabha. The discussion paper, he said, has been placed in the public domain for a specified period to solicit public opinion, comments.
Enabling provisions have been made in the Coal Mines (Special Provisions) Act, 2015 for allocation of coal mines by way of auction and allotment for the sale of coal, he said.
“The methodology for allotment of coal mines under the provisions of the Coal Miens (Special Provisions) Act, 2015 to Central/State public sector undertakings for sale of coal has been approved by the government,” he added.
Commercial mines are alloted without specifying the end use and allow private entities to sell the fuel to buyers across sectors such as power, cement and steel. The government has identified four coal blocks which would be put up for auction in the next fiscal.
- Focus on bringing auctioned mines to production: PM Narendra Modi to Coal Ministry Read more
- Tamil Nadu to increase installed capacity of solar energy, issues 1,500 Mw tenders Read more
- Wind or conventional power? Tamil Nadu power producers battle it out in court Read more
- Funding in solar sector drops 59% quarter-over-quarter Read more
- TPCIL starts commercial operations of Krishnapatnam power plant Read more
- T.N.s installed wind energy capacity goes up Read more
- Policy revamp key to boost renewable energy projects Read more
- REIL proposes solar panel manufacturing unit in Andhra Pradesh Read more
- Coal price pooling shelved Read more
- Tender to buy 1,000-mw short-term power soon Read more