Power News We love to talk!
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Sunday said those living in rented houses will also get free water and subsidised electricity if the AAP comes to power in the civic corporations.
"Those staying in rented houses don't get benefit of low water and electricity tariff. After municipal elections, we will make sure even they receive the benefit," Kejriwal tweeted. The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader also appealed to the people of Delhi not to vote for the Congress or the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
"The BJP hiked the electricity rates in Uttarakhand and Madhya Pradesh. If you vote for the Congress or the BJP in the civic polls, they would hike electricity and water rates in Delhi as well," he said.
Delhi's three municipal corporations with a total 272 members go to polls on April 23 and the results would be declared on April 26.
- Italy firm Bonfiglioli Transmissions to invest in India for expansion Read more
- Risking backlash, PM Narendra Modi to push power price hikes Read more
- India may face power issues; Domestic coal supply significantly short of demand, says Icra Read more
- Power transmission sector sees growing interest from investors Read more
- Five new inter-State lines to strengthen power supply Read more
- Ramakrishna Mission in Chennai gets a rooftop solar plant Read more
- Adani Power commissions its fourth unit of 660 MW Read more
- Another messy quarter for power producers Read more
- Enforcement Directorate acts against Electrosteel Castings in coal block allocation case Read more
- Government may not give free power to coal producing states: Power Minister Piyush Goyal Read more