Power News We love to talk!
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Sunday said those living in rented houses will also get free water and subsidised electricity if the AAP comes to power in the civic corporations.
"Those staying in rented houses don't get benefit of low water and electricity tariff. After municipal elections, we will make sure even they receive the benefit," Kejriwal tweeted. The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader also appealed to the people of Delhi not to vote for the Congress or the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
"The BJP hiked the electricity rates in Uttarakhand and Madhya Pradesh. If you vote for the Congress or the BJP in the civic polls, they would hike electricity and water rates in Delhi as well," he said.
Delhi's three municipal corporations with a total 272 members go to polls on April 23 and the results would be declared on April 26.
- R-Infra buys additional 2.32% stake in R-Power Read more
- Diamond Power Transformers declared bankrupt by NCLT Read more
- Essar Power Hazira commissions second unit of 135 MW Read more
- Delhi: Tariff orders for DISCOMs during FY 2013-14 Read more
- Centre comes out with plan to save Ratnagiri plant Read more
- Climate change: Heat waves and droughts will take a toll on electricity production Read more
- Capital cost of GVK plant raised by Rs 67 cr Read more
- Minister gives positive response to 24X7 power demand Read more
- Tata Power completes acquisition of WREPL Read more
- UDAY hinges on structuring of discom debt takeover Read more