Power News We love to talk!
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Sunday said those living in rented houses will also get free water and subsidised electricity if the AAP comes to power in the civic corporations.
"Those staying in rented houses don't get benefit of low water and electricity tariff. After municipal elections, we will make sure even they receive the benefit," Kejriwal tweeted. The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader also appealed to the people of Delhi not to vote for the Congress or the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
"The BJP hiked the electricity rates in Uttarakhand and Madhya Pradesh. If you vote for the Congress or the BJP in the civic polls, they would hike electricity and water rates in Delhi as well," he said.
Delhi's three municipal corporations with a total 272 members go to polls on April 23 and the results would be declared on April 26.
- TN govt announces measures to strengthen power infrastructure Read more
- Financial closure for NTPC's Bangla project likely by October Read more
- DERC dismisses petition against BYPL due to case withdrawal Read more
- 6,900 km gas pipelines to connect Bangladesh, Myanmar, India Read more
- Exclusive police stations for power theft cases to shut in Maharashtra Read more
- Tata Power threatens to shut 500MW Trombay plant unit Read more
- EESL to retrofit 4.5 lakh streetlights in Hyderabad; ties up with GHMC Read more
- PESB recommends N B Gupta as PFCs Director-Finance Read more
- India to invest $6 billion more in Rovuma gas field Read more
- MUDA commissions rooftop solar power unit on its building Read more