Power News We love to talk!
Saudi Indian Business Network (SIBN), a body to promote bilateral trade between the two countries, held a two-day scholarly and business seminar in Jeddah to explore the field of renewable energy.
The Consul general of India, Muhammad Noor Rahman Sheikh, inaugurated the event. Referring to the Vision 2030 of Saudi Arabia, which aims to diversify fuel based energy to include renewable energy, Sheikh asserted that India can be a great partner in it.
He underlined India's 2022 target of producing 175 GW renewable energy in which 100 GW would be from solar energy.
With the seminar titled "Photovoltaic Solar Power - Opportunities in Saudi Arabia and India", panelists from both the nations discussed mutual business opportunities in the field of renewable power and solar energy.
- 2015 Extension of bid process timeline of Case-1 bidding process for a combined procurement of 6000 MW power Read more
- Karnataka misses out on cheap power, sticks to costly coal transport mode Read more
- M&A deal value in the power sector surges one and half times Read more
- PM Modi's coal turnaround to ease country's chronic power cuts Read more
- SolarArise raises over Rs200 crore from Kotak's infra fund and GEEREF Read more
- Asia expected to see robust oil refining margins next year Read more
- MIT gets its third solar power plant Read more
- Union Budget 2017: Petroleum Ministry gets cracking on creation of oil goliath in India Read more
- Infrastructure solar power: Centres new target of 40GW capacity from solar parks by 2022 can be met; heres how Read more
- GTL set to sell energy management biz for Rs 850 crore Read more