Power News We love to talk!
Saudi Indian Business Network (SIBN), a body to promote bilateral trade between the two countries, held a two-day scholarly and business seminar in Jeddah to explore the field of renewable energy.
The Consul general of India, Muhammad Noor Rahman Sheikh, inaugurated the event. Referring to the Vision 2030 of Saudi Arabia, which aims to diversify fuel based energy to include renewable energy, Sheikh asserted that India can be a great partner in it.
He underlined India's 2022 target of producing 175 GW renewable energy in which 100 GW would be from solar energy.
With the seminar titled "Photovoltaic Solar Power - Opportunities in Saudi Arabia and India", panelists from both the nations discussed mutual business opportunities in the field of renewable power and solar energy.
- Tata Power's network roll-out plan options being assessed by regulators Read more
- Jaiprakash deal for 500-mw Bina plant gets CCI nod Read more
- IDFC PE buys 15% stake in Diliigent Power project Read more
- With oil big boys not keen, will national cos move in? Read more
- Global oil glut likely to help India save Rs 1.5 lakh crore Read more
- BHEL-ISG bags NTPC order Read more
- Solar power cos funding struggle slows transition to green tech Read more
- Global solar capacity addition to touch 48,000 MW this year Read more
- Indias solar catching UK with over 9GW seen online by March Read more
- Punjab Power resolves supply issue with Panem coal mines Read more