Power News We love to talk!
Saudi Indian Business Network (SIBN), a body to promote bilateral trade between the two countries, held a two-day scholarly and business seminar in Jeddah to explore the field of renewable energy.
The Consul general of India, Muhammad Noor Rahman Sheikh, inaugurated the event. Referring to the Vision 2030 of Saudi Arabia, which aims to diversify fuel based energy to include renewable energy, Sheikh asserted that India can be a great partner in it.
He underlined India's 2022 target of producing 175 GW renewable energy in which 100 GW would be from solar energy.
With the seminar titled "Photovoltaic Solar Power - Opportunities in Saudi Arabia and India", panelists from both the nations discussed mutual business opportunities in the field of renewable power and solar energy.
- Coal India sets 20 GW solar power generation target in next 10 yrs Read more
- Coal India may drop plans to expand into power generation Read more
- The distribution utilities of Gujrat & Punjab are defined as best Read more
- Tamil Nadu to stop using imported coal for power generation, save Rs 400 crore Read more
- Tata Power waits on compensatory Mundra tariff, Arutmin stake sale Read more
- Solar power may become cheaper than coal in India Read more
- Adani Power raises Rs 330 crore through NCDs Read more
- PTC bags maximum power supply orders to Uttarakhand and Kerala state utilities in short term power procurement auction Read more
- IFC-JICA to co-finance $1.5 billion in emerging market projects Read more
- Proposed US law could boost gas export to India Read more