Power News We love to talk!
Saudi Indian Business Network (SIBN), a body to promote bilateral trade between the two countries, held a two-day scholarly and business seminar in Jeddah to explore the field of renewable energy.
The Consul general of India, Muhammad Noor Rahman Sheikh, inaugurated the event. Referring to the Vision 2030 of Saudi Arabia, which aims to diversify fuel based energy to include renewable energy, Sheikh asserted that India can be a great partner in it.
He underlined India's 2022 target of producing 175 GW renewable energy in which 100 GW would be from solar energy.
With the seminar titled "Photovoltaic Solar Power - Opportunities in Saudi Arabia and India", panelists from both the nations discussed mutual business opportunities in the field of renewable power and solar energy.
- Warburg Pincus leads $600 mn investment in Delonex Energy Read more
- Metros energy policies released Read more
- India emerging as a climate performer by cutting down on its emissions Read more
- Indian companies may go green to meet power needs by 2020 Read more
- Siemens to electrify Gujarat Metro Link Express Read more
- India and US launch $ 95 million clean energy projects under OPIC financing Read more
- Orient Green, IL&FS; Wind mull wind power assets merger Read more
- Solar power tariffs still remain subdued Read more
- ADB to provide $ 500 mn loan for putting up solar rooftops Read more
- Andhra Pradesh first state to join discom revival scheme UDAY Read more