Power News We love to talk!
Saudi Indian Business Network (SIBN), a body to promote bilateral trade between the two countries, held a two-day scholarly and business seminar in Jeddah to explore the field of renewable energy.
The Consul general of India, Muhammad Noor Rahman Sheikh, inaugurated the event. Referring to the Vision 2030 of Saudi Arabia, which aims to diversify fuel based energy to include renewable energy, Sheikh asserted that India can be a great partner in it.
He underlined India's 2022 target of producing 175 GW renewable energy in which 100 GW would be from solar energy.
With the seminar titled "Photovoltaic Solar Power - Opportunities in Saudi Arabia and India", panelists from both the nations discussed mutual business opportunities in the field of renewable power and solar energy.
- State gets 200 MW additional power Read more
- $250 billion opportunity to invest in renewables: Piyush Goyal Read more
- Gujarat sold over 2,100 million units of power to other states Read more
- Shapoorji Pallonji Group, Adani Group and Panchavaktra Power keen on local production of polysilicon Read more
- Continuum said to be in talks to raise funds to complete projects Read more
- Govt planning financial scheme to revive power projects, says Piyush Goyal Read more
- Uttar Pradesh Solar Rooftop Policy 2014 Read more
- Indian companies may go green to meet power needs by 2020 Read more
- Power glut leaves gencos powerless Read more
- Gujarat, Punjab top electricity distribution utility ratings Read more