Power News We love to talk!
Saudi Indian Business Network (SIBN), a body to promote bilateral trade between the two countries, held a two-day scholarly and business seminar in Jeddah to explore the field of renewable energy.
The Consul general of India, Muhammad Noor Rahman Sheikh, inaugurated the event. Referring to the Vision 2030 of Saudi Arabia, which aims to diversify fuel based energy to include renewable energy, Sheikh asserted that India can be a great partner in it.
He underlined India's 2022 target of producing 175 GW renewable energy in which 100 GW would be from solar energy.
With the seminar titled "Photovoltaic Solar Power - Opportunities in Saudi Arabia and India", panelists from both the nations discussed mutual business opportunities in the field of renewable power and solar energy.
- MNRE asks states to prepare conducive policies for renewable energy Read more
- Government should avoid retrospective taxation, remove policy uncertainties, says Vedanta Chairman Anil Agarwal Read more
- ONGC cheers move to hike gas price, private players unhappy Read more
- N-power for all Read more
- Ferroalloys industry appeals for Rs. 1.50 per unit of power Read more
- Indraprastha Gas looks to piggyback on GAIL to expand beyond Delhi-NCR Read more
- Urban grime foils Narendra Modi's solar power ambitions Read more
- Three more Ministries hit by info leak Read more
- Petronet blames Gail for 90% idle capacity at Kochi terminal Read more
- World desirous of Narendra Modi's bold leadership for clean energy: Ban Ki-moon Read more