Power News We love to talk!
The Adani Group has shown interest in investing in Punjab and the companies' top functionaries met Chief Minister Amarinder Singh here on Monday to pursue the matter, officials said.
Adani Group president and chairman of several key companies of the Gujarat-based group, Pranav V. Adani met Amarinder Singh here to discuss possible areas of investment in Punjab.
The Adani Group is already running a solar power generation unit in Bathinda and have showed interest in expanding their presence in the state, the officials said here.
Adani Green Energy Ltd had, in 2016, had commissioned Punjab's largest solar power plant of 100 MW in Bathinda with an investment of Rs 640 crore. Another Adani company has set up silos worth RS 250 crore for grain storage in Punjab. An investment of another RS 210 crore is being made in this field.
Adani told the Chief Minister that the Group's businesses, which also include real estate and city gas distribution (CNG and pipeline network), have a big potential to scale up Punjab's progress.
"The Group's emerging businesses, such as water purification, defence and aerospace, drones manufacture etc, also find synergies with the state's public welfare and strategic growth interests," he noted.
- Vedanta Limited Q2 net profit rise 10 per cent Read more
- Government not a bailout bank, Power Minister Piyush Goyal tells states Read more
- Insolvency process: Bhushan Power case faces issues over bid secrecy Read more
- L&T wins Rs 802 cr contracts in power transmission Read more
- Tata Power, India Power Corp bid for Odisha discom Read more
- Sterlite Power CEO Pratik Agarwal sees technology as game changer Read more
- SunEdison commissions 1 MW canal top solar project in Karnataka Read more
- Government aims to bring down energy usage by 10% in 5 years: Piyush Goyal Read more
- Plan to lay LPG pipeline in Punjab being formulated: Dharmendra Pradhan Read more
- Government planning to vet power usage pattern & charge more for consumption during peak hours Read more