Power News We love to talk!
State-owned power equipment major BHEL today said it has bagged an order from Indian Railways for installing 2 MW rooftop solar photovoltaic systems at Diesel Locomotive Modernisation Works (DMW) in Patiala.
The contract agreement was signed between BHEL and the Indian Railways Organisation for Alternate Fuels (IROAF).
It envisages design, supply, installation, testing and commissioning of a grid connected rooftop solar photovoltaic power plant with all electrical and associated equipment, including civil works, BHEL said. It also includes operations and maintenance for five years.
“BHEL has bagged one more order of 2 MW rooftop SPV systems at Diesel Locomotive Modernisation Works (DMW), Patiala,” the company said in a statement.
- Three big changes that will give boost to Indias nuclear programme Read more
- West will have to pay for damage caused to planet: Piyush Goyal Read more
- Ladakh makes hay while the sun shines Read more
- NDA govt's grouse with Greenpeace: Mahan coal block protests Read more
- IL&FS; in talks with Chennai-based Orient Power to merge its wind energy assets Read more
- Prepaid meter consumers entitled to refund of deposit:Karnataka High Court Read more
- Maharashtra power firm struggles to ensure smooth supply Read more
- Army looks to tap renewables to supply power to jawans deployed at high altitudes Read more
- Oil Minister Pradhan reiterates eliminating Asian Premium at Bangkok Ministerial Read more
- BHEL commissiones second 270-MW thermal unit for GVK Power Read more