Power News We love to talk!
State-owned power equipment major BHEL today said it has bagged an order from Indian Railways for installing 2 MW rooftop solar photovoltaic systems at Diesel Locomotive Modernisation Works (DMW) in Patiala.
The contract agreement was signed between BHEL and the Indian Railways Organisation for Alternate Fuels (IROAF).
It envisages design, supply, installation, testing and commissioning of a grid connected rooftop solar photovoltaic power plant with all electrical and associated equipment, including civil works, BHEL said. It also includes operations and maintenance for five years.
“BHEL has bagged one more order of 2 MW rooftop SPV systems at Diesel Locomotive Modernisation Works (DMW), Patiala,” the company said in a statement.
- India, emerging economies can attract billions of dollars for solar, wind power Read more
- APEEU demands repeal of electricity reforms bill Read more
- PMO steps in to give Dabhol Power Project a new lease of life Read more
- R Power to produce coal from Moher mines by September Read more
- Cooling the earth down Read more
- Bundled tariff for power from solar, thermal plants likely to be Rs. 4.50/unit Read more
- Odisha issues Net Metering/Bi-directional metering Regulation for roof-top Solar Read more
- Apple promises to boost renewable energy use in China Read more
- Surana Solar to commission PV cell unit Read more
- Govt planning financial scheme to revive power projects, says Piyush Goyal Read more