Power News We love to talk!
State-owned power equipment major BHEL today said it has bagged an order from Indian Railways for installing 2 MW rooftop solar photovoltaic systems at Diesel Locomotive Modernisation Works (DMW) in Patiala.
The contract agreement was signed between BHEL and the Indian Railways Organisation for Alternate Fuels (IROAF).
It envisages design, supply, installation, testing and commissioning of a grid connected rooftop solar photovoltaic power plant with all electrical and associated equipment, including civil works, BHEL said. It also includes operations and maintenance for five years.
“BHEL has bagged one more order of 2 MW rooftop SPV systems at Diesel Locomotive Modernisation Works (DMW), Patiala,” the company said in a statement.
- Discom claims daily loss of Rs 25 lakh due to power theft by e-rick owners Read more
- Deficient rains unlikely to affect power situation in Kerala Read more
- Lenders order forensic audit of debt-laden JSPL Read more
- Jindal Power, IL&FS keen to partner NMDC for UP power plant Read more
- CSE report on 5-star ACs, refrigerators confusing: RAMA Read more
- Krishnapatnam UMPP procurers ask Reliance Power to withdraw petitions to exit project Read more
- Railways to identify cost-effective energy options, says minister Suresh Prabhu Read more
- Bid to harness people power before going for nuclear Read more
- A thrust to rural development Read more
- Business as usual at Kalpakkam N-plant Read more