Power News We love to talk!
Uttar Pradesh cabinet minister Shrikant Sharma today exhorted people against paying bribe and underlined the state government's commitment to weed out corruption.
The state power minister said Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has adopted the same style of working as followed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi at the Centre to ensure UP's development.
"Make a video clipping in case money is demanded for any work (by government officials)," Sharma told people while speaking at a program in Govind Vihar in Vrindaban here.
Speaking about the one-month tenure of the BJP-led government in UP, Sharma said the Prime Minister has chosen a 'sanyasi' as the chief minister to rid corruption from the state and ensure its development.
"Abhi to yeh trailer hai, film to aana baaki hai (This was just the trailer, the film is yet to follow)," he said, exuding confidence. He assured the people that the state government was working to improve the quality of roads.
He also said that the government has virtually banned smuggling of cows to ensure their protection. "To ensure rule of law in the state is the dream of the chief minister," Sharma said.
The minister said the pilgrim city would soon get metro connectivity, adding that "meetha paani (potable water) would be made available for Brij chaurasi kos parikrama, a religious circumambulatory trek around the Braj town.
Speaking at the same function, another state cabinet minister Laxmi Narayan Chaudhari said the government was working to turn Uttar Pradesh into "Uttam Pradesh". Chaudhuri, the minister for milk development, religious work, culture, minority welfare, Haj and Wakf board, said efforts were also being made to clean the river Yamuna.
"Prime Minister Modi and UP Chief Minister Yogi are working for uninterrupted flow of clean Yamuna," he said. He said by next year the Braj Chaurasi Kos Parikram would be in new shape, since the development works are being carried out not only in parts falling under UP but also in those coming under Rajasthan and Haryana.
- Koradi, Khaparkheda plants losing crores in holding up coal rakes Read more
- BSES Rajdhani, BSES Yamuna offer cashback on electricity bill payment via e-wallets Read more
- Tangedco told to pay dues to power firm Read more
- Snap in transmission link leads to Average Power prices shooting to Rs 5 per unit on IEX Read more
- Centre plugs into power reforms to recharge distribution Read more
- Coal India Limited signs FSAs with 16 private power projects Read more
- GVK Power and Infrastructure: Idle power units, high debt adding to woes Read more
- CERC amends regulations to restrict the use of fossil fuels in biomass power plant Read more
- Sunsure Energy Commissions 20 MW Utility Solar Plants in Karnataka Read more
- China border stand-off may impact solar module imports Read more