Coal News We love to talk!
The supply of coal by state-owned CIL to power sector increased by 1.3 per cent to 420.2 million tonnes (mt) in 2016-17. The increase in supply comes at a time when demand of coal by the power sector has picked up on back of economy doing well.
Coal India Ltd (CIL) which accounts for over 80 per cent of the domestic coal production had dispatched 414.7 mt of fuel in FY 2015-16, according to latest government data.
However, in March, CIL dispatches declined by around seven per cent to 34.6 mt from 37.1 mt in March 2016, the data said. The overall dispatch of coal by the PSU increased by 1.6 per cent to 543.2 mt in 2016-17 from over 534.5 mt in the preceding fiscal.
- Coal India-NTPC dispute may be settled early next month Read more
- All unmanned level crossings will be removed within a year: Piyush Goyal Read more
- The Kid syndrome in power pricing Read more
- World Banks IFC invests $125 million in Hero Group renewable energy unit Read more
- Hindalco yet to get any coal, even 8 years later Read more
- Shale gas policy: Existing operators to get upper hand Read more
- Niti Aayog suggests breakup of Coal India to allow independence for subsidiaries Read more
- Buoyed by diesel price decontrol, Reliance Industries reopens fuel stations Read more
- Actis commits $230 mn to build Indian renewable energy platform Read more
- Coal imports decline 24% in August, auction looms Read more