Coal News We love to talk!
The supply of coal by state-owned CIL to power sector increased by 1.3 per cent to 420.2 million tonnes (mt) in 2016-17. The increase in supply comes at a time when demand of coal by the power sector has picked up on back of economy doing well.
Coal India Ltd (CIL) which accounts for over 80 per cent of the domestic coal production had dispatched 414.7 mt of fuel in FY 2015-16, according to latest government data.
However, in March, CIL dispatches declined by around seven per cent to 34.6 mt from 37.1 mt in March 2016, the data said. The overall dispatch of coal by the PSU increased by 1.6 per cent to 543.2 mt in 2016-17 from over 534.5 mt in the preceding fiscal.
- Consumers set to pay for illegal coal blocks Read more
- Wind energy companies grab solar contracts in Indias auctions Read more
- Target commercial offices, industries for rooftop solar mission: Goyal Read more
- BERC re-determines tariffs for existing co-generation plants Read more
- NTPC may finally axe contract with Russian supplier for Barh project Read more
- Power in Delhi to cost more from November Read more
- Projects worth Rs 20 lakh crore set to get green light from key PMO group Read more
- TS to get solar power park, NTPC plant Read more
- Tesla unveils battery to store solar energy Read more
- Dipping coal stocks at power plants may leave North in dark Read more