Coal News We love to talk!
The supply of coal by state-owned CIL to power sector increased by 1.3 per cent to 420.2 million tonnes (mt) in 2016-17. The increase in supply comes at a time when demand of coal by the power sector has picked up on back of economy doing well.
Coal India Ltd (CIL) which accounts for over 80 per cent of the domestic coal production had dispatched 414.7 mt of fuel in FY 2015-16, according to latest government data.
However, in March, CIL dispatches declined by around seven per cent to 34.6 mt from 37.1 mt in March 2016, the data said. The overall dispatch of coal by the PSU increased by 1.6 per cent to 543.2 mt in 2016-17 from over 534.5 mt in the preceding fiscal.
- Centre to work with States for renewable energy capacity addition Read more
- Essar Energy gets mining clearance for Mahan coal block Read more
- Power Ministry crosses 13,000 village electrification milestone Read more
- Tata Power partners Cargill, Schneider Electric for natural ester transformers Read more
- Power demand up, but engines arent humming Read more
- NTPC's Kahalgaon supr thermal plant to generate low cost power soon Read more
- PM Narendra Modi and French President Francois Hollande to launch game changing solar alliance Read more
- India imposes anti-dumping duty on solar cell imports Read more
- Wind energy firms accuse regulators of laxity in enforcing green norms Read more
- Government electrified 13 Assam villages last week under DDUGJY Read more