Coal News We love to talk!
The supply of coal by state-owned CIL to power sector increased by 1.3 per cent to 420.2 million tonnes (mt) in 2016-17. The increase in supply comes at a time when demand of coal by the power sector has picked up on back of economy doing well.
Coal India Ltd (CIL) which accounts for over 80 per cent of the domestic coal production had dispatched 414.7 mt of fuel in FY 2015-16, according to latest government data.
However, in March, CIL dispatches declined by around seven per cent to 34.6 mt from 37.1 mt in March 2016, the data said. The overall dispatch of coal by the PSU increased by 1.6 per cent to 543.2 mt in 2016-17 from over 534.5 mt in the preceding fiscal.
- Kudankulam may renew US firms focus on nuke sector Read more
- Inox Wind needs more than upbeat commentary Read more
- MNRE asks states to prepare conducive policies for renewable energy Read more
- Haryana to challenge Adani Power tariff ruling: minister Read more
- BHELs Raichur Power project turns costlier by Rs. 3,760 crore Read more
- Power projects to hit biodiversity in Arunachal Pradesh: study Read more
- Bihar sixth state to join UDAY, benefit pegged at Rs 117 crore Read more
- Coal secy seeks state help to double output Read more
- Norther Coalfields brings smarts to mining Read more
- Coalscam: Special court grants CBI a month more to file probe report Read more