Coal News We love to talk!
The supply of coal by state-owned CIL to power sector increased by 1.3 per cent to 420.2 million tonnes (mt) in 2016-17. The increase in supply comes at a time when demand of coal by the power sector has picked up on back of economy doing well.
Coal India Ltd (CIL) which accounts for over 80 per cent of the domestic coal production had dispatched 414.7 mt of fuel in FY 2015-16, according to latest government data.
However, in March, CIL dispatches declined by around seven per cent to 34.6 mt from 37.1 mt in March 2016, the data said. The overall dispatch of coal by the PSU increased by 1.6 per cent to 543.2 mt in 2016-17 from over 534.5 mt in the preceding fiscal.
- Coal shortages ease at power stations Read more
- Renewable firms plan $2.5 billion in offshore dollar bond issues Read more
- SunEdison ties up with Tata Power to supply solar power to light up Delhi Read more
- Bhel bags Rs 3,810-cr order for power project in Telangana Read more
- Solar power becoming a more viable option than wind Read more
- Over 10 million LED bulbs distributed in Bihar under UJALA scheme Read more
- Coal India plans 15 washeries, to commission 3 next year: Government Read more
- Banking push: IDFC to set aside Rs. 2,500 cr for stressed loans in power sector Read more
- 'Coal India chalks out rehab plan for project-affected' Read more
- Govt has issued 12 notices to private firms for non-compliance to coal mine development norms Read more