Coal News We love to talk!
The supply of coal by state-owned CIL to power sector increased by 1.3 per cent to 420.2 million tonnes (mt) in 2016-17. The increase in supply comes at a time when demand of coal by the power sector has picked up on back of economy doing well.
Coal India Ltd (CIL) which accounts for over 80 per cent of the domestic coal production had dispatched 414.7 mt of fuel in FY 2015-16, according to latest government data.
However, in March, CIL dispatches declined by around seven per cent to 34.6 mt from 37.1 mt in March 2016, the data said. The overall dispatch of coal by the PSU increased by 1.6 per cent to 543.2 mt in 2016-17 from over 534.5 mt in the preceding fiscal.
- Now power prices set to be demand driven; will vary throughout the day Read more
- Coal India to target 20% rise in despatches this year Read more
- India, Bangladesh discuss cooperating in atomic energy Read more
- Coal scam: Parakh sees `weakening of cases in his new book Read more
- New Zealand to boost India's fast growing renewable energy sector Read more
- NPCIL records 22.5% rise in generation Read more
- JCB India to enter industrial power generator market Read more
- Investment in clean energy at Rs 90,841 crore in last 3 fiscals: Government Read more
- Petitions filed by Sudarshan Chemical Industries Limited Read more
- Coal Scam: NDA government knew bureaucrats were guilty in coal scam Read more