Coal News We love to talk!
The supply of coal by state-owned CIL to power sector increased by 1.3 per cent to 420.2 million tonnes (mt) in 2016-17. The increase in supply comes at a time when demand of coal by the power sector has picked up on back of economy doing well.
Coal India Ltd (CIL) which accounts for over 80 per cent of the domestic coal production had dispatched 414.7 mt of fuel in FY 2015-16, according to latest government data.
However, in March, CIL dispatches declined by around seven per cent to 34.6 mt from 37.1 mt in March 2016, the data said. The overall dispatch of coal by the PSU increased by 1.6 per cent to 543.2 mt in 2016-17 from over 534.5 mt in the preceding fiscal.
- Essar Oil to seek delisting approval on Monday Read more
- Reliance Power net flat at Rs 253 cr, surpasses analyst estimates Read more
- Telangana no more a power deficit state Read more
- Logistics efficiency holds the key to CILs growth Read more
- EESL to give 70L energy-efficient pump sets to farmers for free Read more
- Telangana, Assam join UDAY Read more
- Solar activity to pick up as Regulatory Authority fixes tariff Read more
- No wish-list for Budget 2016, implement existing schemes first: Discoms to government Read more
- India's Sterlite to invest $1 billion annually in Brazil power lines source Read more
- 2MW solar panels to power WR suburban stations in 6 months Read more