Coal News We love to talk!
The supply of coal by state-owned CIL to power sector increased by 1.3 per cent to 420.2 million tonnes (mt) in 2016-17. The increase in supply comes at a time when demand of coal by the power sector has picked up on back of economy doing well.
Coal India Ltd (CIL) which accounts for over 80 per cent of the domestic coal production had dispatched 414.7 mt of fuel in FY 2015-16, according to latest government data.
However, in March, CIL dispatches declined by around seven per cent to 34.6 mt from 37.1 mt in March 2016, the data said. The overall dispatch of coal by the PSU increased by 1.6 per cent to 543.2 mt in 2016-17 from over 534.5 mt in the preceding fiscal.
- Artificial demand behind coal crisis? Read more
- Cashback offer from discoms a big hit Read more
- Suzlon ties up with Canadian Solar for two Telangana projects Read more
- US, India to hold second round of talks on solar trade dispute Read more
- Coal India seeks to limit wage outgo amid rise in expenditure hurting profits Read more
- Indonesias plan to regulate coal exports worries Indian importers Read more
- Power Mech wins orders worth Rs 247 crore for Gujarat, Haryana and Maharashtra Read more
- Suzlon receives 197.40 MW repeat order from IPP company Read more
- Private power companies seek more coal to soften prices Read more
- Cairn India scouts for oilfield services firms in a bid to cut cost, boost output Read more