Coal News We love to talk!
The supply of coal by state-owned CIL to power sector increased by 1.3 per cent to 420.2 million tonnes (mt) in 2016-17. The increase in supply comes at a time when demand of coal by the power sector has picked up on back of economy doing well.
Coal India Ltd (CIL) which accounts for over 80 per cent of the domestic coal production had dispatched 414.7 mt of fuel in FY 2015-16, according to latest government data.
However, in March, CIL dispatches declined by around seven per cent to 34.6 mt from 37.1 mt in March 2016, the data said. The overall dispatch of coal by the PSU increased by 1.6 per cent to 543.2 mt in 2016-17 from over 534.5 mt in the preceding fiscal.
- Oil bust spells boom for India refiners as investors weigh risks Read more
- Divestment targets: ONGC may be the best buy Read more
- 24x7 Power: Government begins work on National Electricity Plan Read more
- New round of powertariff hikes on anvil Read more
- Boosting PSUs: E-auction boosts Coal India sales by Rs 2500 cr in FY 16 Read more
- Charging points for electric vehicles at BEST bus depots Read more
- PowerGrid: waiting for the project commissioning boost Read more
- Modi to lay foundation stones for AIIMS, power plant in Jharkhand Read more
- LNG pricing norm to benefit State Read more
- HERC increases incentive on grid connected solar power generation Read more