Coal News We love to talk!
The supply of coal by state-owned CIL to power sector increased by 1.3 per cent to 420.2 million tonnes (mt) in 2016-17. The increase in supply comes at a time when demand of coal by the power sector has picked up on back of economy doing well.
Coal India Ltd (CIL) which accounts for over 80 per cent of the domestic coal production had dispatched 414.7 mt of fuel in FY 2015-16, according to latest government data.
However, in March, CIL dispatches declined by around seven per cent to 34.6 mt from 37.1 mt in March 2016, the data said. The overall dispatch of coal by the PSU increased by 1.6 per cent to 543.2 mt in 2016-17 from over 534.5 mt in the preceding fiscal.
- Steel majors ask govt to abolish 2.5% import duty on coking coal Read more
- HPCL in $8 billion drive to boost oil refining margins Read more
- India yet to tap full potential of gas, says Piyush Goyal Read more
- NTPC to add two more power plants Read more
- Reliance discoms BSES Yamuna and Rajdhani yet to get comfort letter Read more
- Regulating coal Read more
- Under Ujjwala, BPL families will get LPG stoves at Rs 990 Read more
- Oil and gas exploration policy set for a major shift Read more
- India inks energy work programme with IEA, key member countries Read more
- Over 15.45 crore LED bulbs distributed so far under UJALA scheme: Govt Read more