Coal News We love to talk!
Energy behemoth ONGC today surged past State Bank of India to reclaim the status of the most- valued PSU by market valuation.
A day after State Bank toppled the energy firm, the market capitalisation (m-cap) of ONGC stood at Rs 2,30,805.73 crore at the end of trade today. This was Rs 323.59 crore more than SBI's m-cap of Rs 2,30,482.14 crore.
ONGC had been the country's most valued firm across private and public sectors for some time a few years ago, when it first toppled RIL from the top of the charts and then also TCS from the pole position. Shares of both the companies traded weak in today's session but the fall was sharper in SBI's case.
The scrip of ONGC fell by 0.66 per cent to end at Rs 179.85 on BSE, while SBI lost 2.05 per cent to Rs 284.20. In intra-day trade, ONGC declined by 0.96 per cent to Rs 179.30 and SBI fell by 2.39 per cent to Rs 283.20. In the top-10 ranking, ONGC stands at sixth position while SBI is at seventh place.
TCS is the most-valued Indian company with a market valuation of Rs 4,53,543.25 crore followed by RIL (Rs 4,45,383.84 crore), HDFC Bank (Rs 3,70,813.18 crore), ITC (Rs 3,39,033.46 crore), HDFC (Rs 2,36,695.34 crore), ONGC, SBI, IOC (Rs 2,11,304.70 crore), Infosys (Rs 2,11,043.28 crore) and HUL (Rs 1,96,750.20 crore). SUM MR
- Coal India profit jumps 14% to Rs 3,718 cr as sales tick up Read more
- Union Budget 2017: Oil PSUs merger may cut prices of petroleum products by 5% Read more
- Surplus power may cause Rs 8K cr loss to discoms in FY17: India Ratings Read more
- Coal India stake sale goes through as LIC, FPIs chip in Read more
- Government offers online facility for installing solar rooftops Read more
- Crude awakening for ONGC, Oil India Read more
- Shell, ONGC eye tie-up for retail Read more
- Transmission worry slows down power trading, April sees 8% decline at IEX Read more
- Jaiprakash Power Ventures sells the family silver Read more
- Modi launches International Solar Alliance Read more