Coal News We love to talk!
Energy behemoth ONGC today surged past State Bank of India to reclaim the status of the most- valued PSU by market valuation.
A day after State Bank toppled the energy firm, the market capitalisation (m-cap) of ONGC stood at Rs 2,30,805.73 crore at the end of trade today. This was Rs 323.59 crore more than SBI's m-cap of Rs 2,30,482.14 crore.
ONGC had been the country's most valued firm across private and public sectors for some time a few years ago, when it first toppled RIL from the top of the charts and then also TCS from the pole position. Shares of both the companies traded weak in today's session but the fall was sharper in SBI's case.
The scrip of ONGC fell by 0.66 per cent to end at Rs 179.85 on BSE, while SBI lost 2.05 per cent to Rs 284.20. In intra-day trade, ONGC declined by 0.96 per cent to Rs 179.30 and SBI fell by 2.39 per cent to Rs 283.20. In the top-10 ranking, ONGC stands at sixth position while SBI is at seventh place.
TCS is the most-valued Indian company with a market valuation of Rs 4,53,543.25 crore followed by RIL (Rs 4,45,383.84 crore), HDFC Bank (Rs 3,70,813.18 crore), ITC (Rs 3,39,033.46 crore), HDFC (Rs 2,36,695.34 crore), ONGC, SBI, IOC (Rs 2,11,304.70 crore), Infosys (Rs 2,11,043.28 crore) and HUL (Rs 1,96,750.20 crore). SUM MR
- Solar energy subsidy: After attempts for amicable solution fail, India drags US to WTO dispute settlement body Read more
- Free power to consumers, farmers will continue Read more
- World Bank wont fund coal-related projects in India Read more
- India played key role in climate action plan: rail minister Suresh Prabhu Read more
- Indias ultra-mega solar project to be discussed at France Summit: World Bank Read more
- Mitsui and sovereign wealth funds of Qatar, Abu Dhabi and Oman keen to buy stake in Petronet Read more
- Government-owned Power Grid raises Rs 3,000 crore by selling bonds as rates soften Read more
- Westinghouse eyes India reactor deal in time for possible PM Narendra Modi US visit Read more
- ONGC to cut operational cost as crude slumps to 12-yr low Read more
- China Light & Power to invest $2bn for 2,000-mw coal-fired power plant Read more