Power News We love to talk!
India’s largest power generation company NTPC Ltd’sRs 2,000 crore masala bond issue was oversubscribed with participation of more than 40 accounts, the company said in a statement.
NTPC said based on the strong order book, the notes have been successfully priced at a coupon of 7.25 per cent payable annually.
The company priced its second rupee-denominated five year masala bonds offering for Rs 2000 crores, in the international markets on 25 April 2017, becoming the only state owned enterprise to tap masala bonds market twice.
These bonds shall be listed at Singapore Stock Exchange and London Stock Exchange, NTPC said. This is the eighth offering under the company’s $4 billion medium term note (MTN) programme since it was set up in 2006, taking the cumulative amount raised under the programme to $3.46 billion.
The 5 year Senior Unsecured RegS Masala Bonds of NTPC have been issued at the lowest yield for any Masala bond by an Indian issuer till date and have been priced within AAA Corporate Bonds of equivalent tenor in domestic market.
In terms of geographical distribution, Asia took the bulk of the transaction at 83 per cent, European Union area at 14 per cent and US Offshore at 3 per cent. In terms of investor types – central banks and sovereign wealth funds comprised 50 per cent, asset managers and fund managers 30 per cent, banks 14 per cent and private banks 6 per cent.
The company intends to use the proceeds of the issue to finance its ongoing and new power projects within India. Axis Bank, Barclays Bank, ICICI, MUFG, and Standard Chartered Bank were the bookrunners for the offering.
- Petro freeing comes with volatility Read more
- Gurugram admin to organize Solar Mela for renewable energy push Read more
- Transparent LPG cylinders soon to keep a tab on gas quantity Read more
- RIL to complete Rs 20,000 cr investment in MP by March 2016 Read more
- Mukerian hydel power project to start from December Read more
- Government rescues Athena hydel project in Sikkim Read more
- NTPCs Director AK Jha appointed as interim CMD as incumbent Arup Roy Choudhury steps down Read more
- Bring natural gas under GST fold: BC Tripathi, CMD GAIL Read more
- Clean energy sector achieves record capacity addition of 6,937 MW in FY16 Read more
- CIL, IOC, MMTC give push to divestment Read more