Coal News We love to talk!
Indian Railways is requesting Coal India to develop railway stations that support its sidings. This was stated by AK Mittal, Member-Infrastructure, Railway Board, while speaking at a PHDCCI conference.
The Railways has set itself a target to develop over 20 stations this year. “The railway station development programme is also facing some challenges at present,” Indian Railway Station Development Corporation (IRSDC’s) Sanjeev Lohia said.
In a related move, according to a Northern Railway press release, the Northern Railways’ General Manager reiterated that station improvement and station redevelopment plans would be among the priority tasks during the current year.
The Railways is pursuing multi-pronged strategies – such as redevelopment through IRSDC through expert bodies such as SNCF (French Railways) and Ministry of Tourism on cost-sharing basis and through public-private partnership models without straining Railways’ finances, the release said.
Retrofitting of coaches
Meanwhile, there is an opportunity for Indian firms in retrofitting 40,000 coaches, which involves an expense of Rs. 20 lakh per coach, R Gupta, Member-Rolling Stock, Railway Board, told the PHDCCI meet.
There is also opportunity for Indian firms in developing 6,000 coaches. He added that the Railways spends Rs. 700-800 crore a year on cleaning activities under the Swachh Bharat initiative. This also provides a huge opportunity for the private sector to partner with the Railways, he added.
- India state-owned refiners export low-sulphur diesel in rare move Read more
- Like China, India must try distributed generation of power' Read more
- India to end europayments for Iranian crude oil imports this week Read more
- State power utilities move CCI Against CIL's abuse of power Read more
- NTPC clocks highest ever annual power generation at 263.95 billion unit Read more
- Railways targets full electrification with Rs 35,000-crore plan Read more
- ONGC may gain Rs 1,500 crore in H1 with natural gas price hike Read more
- US trade body recommendation may impact Indias solar power sector Read more
- Akhileshs white knight for unviable Anpara C Read more
- AP gas tragedy: GAIL appoints EIL to check pipeline network Read more