Coal News We love to talk!
Indian Railways is requesting Coal India to develop railway stations that support its sidings. This was stated by AK Mittal, Member-Infrastructure, Railway Board, while speaking at a PHDCCI conference.
The Railways has set itself a target to develop over 20 stations this year. “The railway station development programme is also facing some challenges at present,” Indian Railway Station Development Corporation (IRSDC’s) Sanjeev Lohia said.
In a related move, according to a Northern Railway press release, the Northern Railways’ General Manager reiterated that station improvement and station redevelopment plans would be among the priority tasks during the current year.
The Railways is pursuing multi-pronged strategies – such as redevelopment through IRSDC through expert bodies such as SNCF (French Railways) and Ministry of Tourism on cost-sharing basis and through public-private partnership models without straining Railways’ finances, the release said.
Retrofitting of coaches
Meanwhile, there is an opportunity for Indian firms in retrofitting 40,000 coaches, which involves an expense of Rs. 20 lakh per coach, R Gupta, Member-Rolling Stock, Railway Board, told the PHDCCI meet.
There is also opportunity for Indian firms in developing 6,000 coaches. He added that the Railways spends Rs. 700-800 crore a year on cleaning activities under the Swachh Bharat initiative. This also provides a huge opportunity for the private sector to partner with the Railways, he added.
- Missing coal files needed for chargesheets: CBI Read more
- Power transmission sector sees growing interest from investors Read more
- Why not sell coal from two Chhattisgarh mines to Jindal Power Ltd: HC to CIL Read more
- India, Russia ink pact to build two nuclear reactors in Tamil Nadu Read more
- Global companies offer ONGC deepsea drilling rigs for KG gas find Read more
- NLCs belt reconditioning plant commissioned at the new site Read more
- IOC launches control rooms to monitor daily price revisions Read more
- Divestment in CIL likely this month, says Jaiswal Read more
- Coal scam: SC issues contempt notice to defaulting companies Read more
- Disinvestment deal: NTPC share-sale may fetch govt Rs 13,800 crore Read more