Power News We love to talk!
After being declared the fourth cleanest city of the country, the Diamond City has added yet another feather in its cap.
Surat Municipal Corporation (SMC) will be given away ‘smart energy’ award by Exhibitions India group under the Smart Cities India Award-2017 for smart rooftop solar power plants on May 12 at New Delhi.
The civic body’s exemplary work in solar energy sector has been recognized for taking up a massive campaign for rooftop solar power plants. Out of the total eight cities in the state, Surat’s performance in the rooftop solar power plants has been overwhelming.
Sources said the city has received the highest 2,278 applications from residential and commercial parties for fitting rooftop solar power plants, amounting to capacity of more than eight mega watts.
Additional city engineer K H Khatwani told TOI, “The civic body has taken up rooftop solar power plant mission with full dedication under the leadership of municipal commissioner M Thennarasan. At present, around 2,278 parties have opted for rooftop solar power plants in the city. We had sent the nomination under the Smart Cities India Award for solar energy. The jury members appreciated the work done by the civic body and we were chosen for the Smart Solar Energy Award.”
- Former CEO of Tata Power Solar joins Sumant Sinha's ReNew Power Read more
- CCI quashes complaint against NTPC on PPA issue Read more
- S&P downgrades Vedanta Resources credit Rating to 'BB-' on negative outlook Read more
- RIL rejigs investment portfolio, sells blue chip stocks Read more
- Govt. offices, local bodies owe Rs. 821 cr. to NPDCL Read more
- Government to raise natural gas price to highest level in two years Read more
- "Bhumi Pujan" for 1 MW Solar PV Power Generation System at Rourkela Steel Plant Read more
- Coal ministry invites application for Coal India chairmans post Read more
- Government plans to generate 20,000 mw solar power Read more
- ATL completes acquisition of GMR Energys transmission assets Read more