Power News We love to talk!
After being declared the fourth cleanest city of the country, the Diamond City has added yet another feather in its cap.
Surat Municipal Corporation (SMC) will be given away ‘smart energy’ award by Exhibitions India group under the Smart Cities India Award-2017 for smart rooftop solar power plants on May 12 at New Delhi.
The civic body’s exemplary work in solar energy sector has been recognized for taking up a massive campaign for rooftop solar power plants. Out of the total eight cities in the state, Surat’s performance in the rooftop solar power plants has been overwhelming.
Sources said the city has received the highest 2,278 applications from residential and commercial parties for fitting rooftop solar power plants, amounting to capacity of more than eight mega watts.
Additional city engineer K H Khatwani told TOI, “The civic body has taken up rooftop solar power plant mission with full dedication under the leadership of municipal commissioner M Thennarasan. At present, around 2,278 parties have opted for rooftop solar power plants in the city. We had sent the nomination under the Smart Cities India Award for solar energy. The jury members appreciated the work done by the civic body and we were chosen for the Smart Solar Energy Award.”
- Tata Power, Adani Power gain post CERC order Read more
- Tata Power: Carrying legacy into the future Read more
- My Home Group inks MoU with PuREnergy, forays into solar power Read more
- Smart cities can help save energy too Read more
- Adani Group in talks with Softbank, Foxconn on $3 billion solar plan: Sources Read more
- Brookfield may buy Continuums assets Read more
- MEIL's Narmada canal top solar plant listed among KPMG novel projects Read more
- Government may allow power plants to pass on gear expenses to consumers Read more
- Power distribution firms may soon swap coal through online auction Read more
- TERC notifies draft for amendment to procurement for renewable energy sources regulations Read more