Power News We love to talk!
The Space Application Centre (SAC) of Indian Space Research Organization (Isro) recently signed a memorandum of understanding with a subsidiary of Adani group, to help boost solar power generation at Adani’s plant.
Under the agreement, SAC will provide the group access to the radiation data to determine an optimum time for power generation. The agreement was inked last week.
Tapan Misra, director of SAC said, “SAC will provide data collected from the INSAT-3DR, INSAT-3D and Kalpana-1 satellites to Adani Green Energy Limited, as per the agreement. The company will pay us for this data.”
SAC-Isro will provide data of daily solar radiation, including the intensity of radiation at various times of the day to help optimize power generation, the agreement signed between SAC-ISRO and Adani Green Energy Limited said. The data will be obtained from SAC-Isro’s Meteorological and Oceanographic Satellite Data archive centre (MOSDAC).
- UDAY's shadow lengthens over states' fiscal deficit Read more
- NTPC plans Rs 30K cr capex for FY17 to up capacity Read more
- Delhi HC not to interfere with Sambit Patras appointment as ONGC director Read more
- UK, Indian varsities to build 5 solar power stations in India Read more
- An evolving risk paradigm in the power sector Read more
- India's thirst for gasoline supports Asian petrol margins, say industry sources Read more
- Hero Electric expects to turn profitable in FY19 as demand for electric bikes rises Read more
- Coal to remain dominant fuel for India's power sector: Report Read more
- Adani's Rs 65,000-cr solar power dream Read more
- Reliance Industries completes sale of 25% stake in Yemen oil block to Medco Energy Read more