Power News We love to talk!
The Space Application Centre (SAC) of Indian Space Research Organization (Isro) recently signed a memorandum of understanding with a subsidiary of Adani group, to help boost solar power generation at Adani’s plant.
Under the agreement, SAC will provide the group access to the radiation data to determine an optimum time for power generation. The agreement was inked last week.
Tapan Misra, director of SAC said, “SAC will provide data collected from the INSAT-3DR, INSAT-3D and Kalpana-1 satellites to Adani Green Energy Limited, as per the agreement. The company will pay us for this data.”
SAC-Isro will provide data of daily solar radiation, including the intensity of radiation at various times of the day to help optimize power generation, the agreement signed between SAC-ISRO and Adani Green Energy Limited said. The data will be obtained from SAC-Isro’s Meteorological and Oceanographic Satellite Data archive centre (MOSDAC).
- Sumant Sinha in talks for $100 million funding to hike ReNew Power stake Read more
- ReNew Power, Chinas Hareon Solar to jointly set up 72mw-solar plant in Andhra Pradesh Read more
- Solar power tariffs seen hitting new lows Read more
- India to promote LNG as fuel for vehicles: Pradhan Read more
- Thermal Powertech Corp Ltd synchronises 660-MW unit at Krishnapatnam plant Read more
- Oil prices are global and gas price is regional: Fereidun Fesharaki Read more
- CIL's 3.25 MT capacity project in Maharashtra to start by month-end Read more
- Government yet to devise policies for scaling up solar capacity to 100 GW by 2022 Read more
- Solar Town raises early-stage funding for rooftop push Read more
- Supreme Court tariff order reduces options for Adani, Tata Power Read more