Power News We love to talk!
The Space Application Centre (SAC) of Indian Space Research Organization (Isro) recently signed a memorandum of understanding with a subsidiary of Adani group, to help boost solar power generation at Adani’s plant.
Under the agreement, SAC will provide the group access to the radiation data to determine an optimum time for power generation. The agreement was inked last week.
Tapan Misra, director of SAC said, “SAC will provide data collected from the INSAT-3DR, INSAT-3D and Kalpana-1 satellites to Adani Green Energy Limited, as per the agreement. The company will pay us for this data.”
SAC-Isro will provide data of daily solar radiation, including the intensity of radiation at various times of the day to help optimize power generation, the agreement signed between SAC-ISRO and Adani Green Energy Limited said. The data will be obtained from SAC-Isro’s Meteorological and Oceanographic Satellite Data archive centre (MOSDAC).
- Three stocks to ride the green energy wave Read more
- Power projects on the bl<x>ink despite clearances by government Read more
- BHEL commissions captive solar photo voltaic power plant in Trichy Read more
- Opec upbeat on 2013 crude oil price Read more
- Karnataka cautious over Cauvery power projects owing to water dispute with Tamilnadu Read more
- India to be first in world to run all government ports on green energy Read more
- AIIMS to go green with solar power plant, reduce power bill by 50 per cent Read more
- JSW Energy eyes distressed units Read more
- Power equipment business of L&T, Thermax and others hit as generator cos shun new projects Read more
- Drone startup ideaForge to make two UAVs for NTPC Read more