Power News We love to talk!
The Space Application Centre (SAC) of Indian Space Research Organization (Isro) recently signed a memorandum of understanding with a subsidiary of Adani group, to help boost solar power generation at Adani’s plant.
Under the agreement, SAC will provide the group access to the radiation data to determine an optimum time for power generation. The agreement was inked last week.
Tapan Misra, director of SAC said, “SAC will provide data collected from the INSAT-3DR, INSAT-3D and Kalpana-1 satellites to Adani Green Energy Limited, as per the agreement. The company will pay us for this data.”
SAC-Isro will provide data of daily solar radiation, including the intensity of radiation at various times of the day to help optimize power generation, the agreement signed between SAC-ISRO and Adani Green Energy Limited said. The data will be obtained from SAC-Isro’s Meteorological and Oceanographic Satellite Data archive centre (MOSDAC).
- India lifts 30% less volume under long-term Qatar LNG deal: Report Read more
- Karnataka to modify solar policy to target 6,000 MW Read more
- IPO for Maharashtra power utilities proposed Read more
- Govt to promote solar powered charkhas, rickshaws under off-grid solar scheme Read more
- UPs electricity quest may hold the key to Indian power sector revival Read more
- CEAs power plan sounds death knell for thermal capacities Read more
- WTI Oil Rises to Cap Biggest Weekly Gain in a Month Read more
- Gamesa returns to solar energy market with India plant Read more
- Teesta: India, Bangladesh fighting over a trickle Read more
- MSEDCL alert against power thefts during festival Read more