Coal News We love to talk!
ONGC Tripura Power Company (OTPC) on Thursday announced that it has become the first dividend paying standalone gas-based power generation company in the country. In an official statement, OTPC, a joint venture company of ONGC, IL&FS, IDFC and Government of Tripura, said that it had reported a net profit of Rs. 130.45 crore during the financial year 2016-2017. This is nine times the Rs. 12.96-crore net profit earned during the financial year 2015-2016.
OTPC also declared maiden dividend of 7.5 per cent of paid-up equity share capital of Rs. 1,120 crore amounting to Rs. 84 crore for the financial year 2016-2017. The company operates a 726-MW gas-based combined cycle power plant at Palatana in Tripura. The plant alone meets around 35 per cent power requirement of North Eastern States.
- Kudankulam: Kerala's power may be cut Read more
- ONGC approves Cairn plan to raise Bhagyam field cost Read more
- What forced Delhi Metro to raise fares after eight years? Read more
- Kochi civic body to set up solar cell and tap renewable Read more
- Bengalurus power transmission capacity to be tripled Read more
- GAIL to invest Rs.20,000 crore on pipeline network in south India Read more
- Conglomerates on the lookout for distressed power assets Read more
- Sufficient coal stocks at power plants: NTPC Read more
- No Short-Term Gains in Oil and Gas Business Read more
- K-G gas output: GSPC awaits central nod on price Read more