Coal News We love to talk!
ONGC Tripura Power Company (OTPC) on Thursday announced that it has become the first dividend paying standalone gas-based power generation company in the country. In an official statement, OTPC, a joint venture company of ONGC, IL&FS, IDFC and Government of Tripura, said that it had reported a net profit of Rs. 130.45 crore during the financial year 2016-2017. This is nine times the Rs. 12.96-crore net profit earned during the financial year 2015-2016.
OTPC also declared maiden dividend of 7.5 per cent of paid-up equity share capital of Rs. 1,120 crore amounting to Rs. 84 crore for the financial year 2016-2017. The company operates a 726-MW gas-based combined cycle power plant at Palatana in Tripura. The plant alone meets around 35 per cent power requirement of North Eastern States.
- HC nod for filling AEE posts in TS power utilities Read more
- Lower costs benefit ONGC in September quarter Read more
- Andhra Pradesh wants Telangana to settle all its power dues Read more
- I Squared Capitals Amplus Energy acquires SunEdisons roof-top solar assets Read more
- Singles fighting cash crunch aid sale of 5 kg LPG cylinders Read more
- HPPC withdraws petition blocking tribal challenge to power project Read more
- Plan to revive Dabhol plant in the pipeline Read more
- In a turnabout, Karnataka electrified with surplus power Read more
- Cairn struggles on Rs 20,494-cr I-T notice; may impact Vedanta merger Read more
- India to move ahead in gas field development, see $20 billion investment: Pradhan Read more