Coal News We love to talk!
ONGC Tripura Power Company (OTPC) on Thursday announced that it has become the first dividend paying standalone gas-based power generation company in the country. In an official statement, OTPC, a joint venture company of ONGC, IL&FS, IDFC and Government of Tripura, said that it had reported a net profit of Rs. 130.45 crore during the financial year 2016-2017. This is nine times the Rs. 12.96-crore net profit earned during the financial year 2015-2016.
OTPC also declared maiden dividend of 7.5 per cent of paid-up equity share capital of Rs. 1,120 crore amounting to Rs. 84 crore for the financial year 2016-2017. The company operates a 726-MW gas-based combined cycle power plant at Palatana in Tripura. The plant alone meets around 35 per cent power requirement of North Eastern States.
- Power Grid clears Rs 2,247 cr for Green Energy Corridor project Read more
- Life threat again for Dabhol power Read more
- Petronet to build Sri Lankas first LNG terminal Read more
- PFC to fund two TS Genco power plants Read more
- ONGC aims for new drilling contracts in cost-saving drive: Sources Read more
- Cochin Port Trust to set up second solar power plant of 100 Kilowatt capacity Read more
- Centre plans to generate 20,000 MW solar power Read more
- Adani mine gets traditional owner approval in Australia Read more
- OPaL rakes in Rs 1,000 crore turnover in 3 months Read more
- AP plans to develop Rs. 3,435-cr green energy corridor Read more