Coal News We love to talk!
ONGC Tripura Power Company (OTPC) on Thursday announced that it has become the first dividend paying standalone gas-based power generation company in the country. In an official statement, OTPC, a joint venture company of ONGC, IL&FS, IDFC and Government of Tripura, said that it had reported a net profit of Rs. 130.45 crore during the financial year 2016-2017. This is nine times the Rs. 12.96-crore net profit earned during the financial year 2015-2016.
OTPC also declared maiden dividend of 7.5 per cent of paid-up equity share capital of Rs. 1,120 crore amounting to Rs. 84 crore for the financial year 2016-2017. The company operates a 726-MW gas-based combined cycle power plant at Palatana in Tripura. The plant alone meets around 35 per cent power requirement of North Eastern States.
- BPCL raises $600 million through bond sale; NTPC plans to take same route soon Read more
- Odisha government approves investment in power, steel, food processing sectors Read more
- Diesel subsidy tests Narendra Modi as Rajan calls for action Read more
- Environ Ministry clears ground for ONGC Tripura's power evacuation facility Read more
- Numaligarh Refinery focusing on Rs 20,000 crore expansion plan: Chairman S Varadarajan Read more
- TATA, Adani among prospective bidders Read more
- Jaypee group increased hydro plant's capacity without clearance: Panel Read more
- Government may reject ONGCs call for premium pricing of KG field gas Read more
- Power staff decry PIL opposing absorption Read more
- Germanys KFW, Centre to fund AP green energy corridor Read more