Coal News We love to talk!
ONGC Tripura Power Company (OTPC) on Thursday announced that it has become the first dividend paying standalone gas-based power generation company in the country. In an official statement, OTPC, a joint venture company of ONGC, IL&FS, IDFC and Government of Tripura, said that it had reported a net profit of Rs. 130.45 crore during the financial year 2016-2017. This is nine times the Rs. 12.96-crore net profit earned during the financial year 2015-2016.
OTPC also declared maiden dividend of 7.5 per cent of paid-up equity share capital of Rs. 1,120 crore amounting to Rs. 84 crore for the financial year 2016-2017. The company operates a 726-MW gas-based combined cycle power plant at Palatana in Tripura. The plant alone meets around 35 per cent power requirement of North Eastern States.
- Odisha reiterates demand for Chhendipada coal blocks Read more
- NTPC plans lower capex this year as demand growth slows Read more
- Goenka Group's Haldia plant to produce power by December Read more
- Govt working on coal allotment procedure for commercial mining Read more
- Commerce and Industry Ministry report proposing incentives for solar project on anvil Read more
- WCL plans to mine water for Koradi power plant Read more
- Power Tariff in Delhi goes up by 4-6% because of PPAC Read more
- Time frame be set for production from NTPC plant: Jharkhand CM Read more
- Azure Power Commissions 50 MW NTPC Solar Project in Uttar Pradesh Read more
- Coal India to leverage mining expertise for diversification Read more