Coal News We love to talk!
ONGC Tripura Power Company (OTPC) on Thursday announced that it has become the first dividend paying standalone gas-based power generation company in the country. In an official statement, OTPC, a joint venture company of ONGC, IL&FS, IDFC and Government of Tripura, said that it had reported a net profit of Rs. 130.45 crore during the financial year 2016-2017. This is nine times the Rs. 12.96-crore net profit earned during the financial year 2015-2016.
OTPC also declared maiden dividend of 7.5 per cent of paid-up equity share capital of Rs. 1,120 crore amounting to Rs. 84 crore for the financial year 2016-2017. The company operates a 726-MW gas-based combined cycle power plant at Palatana in Tripura. The plant alone meets around 35 per cent power requirement of North Eastern States.
- Currency note ban sends electricity bill collection in UP through the roof Read more
- Govt to sell 5% stake in Bhel to LIC; may get Rs 2,046 crore Read more
- Telangana set to build power plants against Centre's advice Read more
- NTPC to appoint third-party teams functioning independently to sample CIL coal Read more
- Tata Power JV Cennergi starts operations of 95 MW wind project Read more
- India's power consumption to grow on rise in AC sales Read more
- Indias increasing green growth Read more
- RBI says eight states issued about Rs99,000 crore discom bonds in FY16 Read more
- PSERC approves R-APDRP investments aggregating Rs 1.23 billion in four towns Read more
- Neyveli corporation plans capacity augmentation to 19,000 MW Read more