Coal News We love to talk!
Three persons have been fleeced in the name of allotment of gas agency under Prime Minister Ujjwala Yojna. Two such cases of fraud by the same website were reported by TOI last year but no action was initiated by the cyber-cell.
According to police, Manas Vihar resident retired army man Abhay Chandra saw advertisement in a Hindi daily last month stating any person can get gas dealership under PM Ujjwala Yojna and that procedure for applying may be viewed at www.ujjwalargglvy.org.
He logged in and found that to process the request he had to pay Rs 5,000 after which he got a call from an unknown number and the miscreants demanded Rs 25,000 for further process. He smelt a rat and lodged an FIR with the Indiranagar police on May 14.
Another person identified as Ajay Paswan was lured by the advertisement and paid Rs 25,000 after having paid Rs 5,000 for registration but when he got another call from an unknown number asking him for more cash, Paswan then lodged a complaint on May 15. A similar complaint was lodged by Anand, a resident of Narhi for the same website on May 16.
Sub-inspector V S Sirohi, told TOI police had received three complains about the fake website and preliminary investigations revealed that it is hosted by ‘Go daddy’. When TOI, asked about the previous cases the officer said a probe was underway. He added the original website for obtaining the dealership is www.pmujjwalayojana.com.
Police said one of the features that give away the dubious site is that has names of Prime Minister Narendra Modi as well as of late Rajiv Gandhi. IOC officials told TOI that strict action must be taken immediately against the fake website website which is still active.
- World LPG body lauds Modi governments cooking gas coverage efforts Read more
- Petronet, Shell, Mitsui shortlisted for Bangladesh LNG terminal Read more
- MRPL's phase III expansion to be complete by September Read more
- Rosatom supplies electric heaters for Kudankulam nuclear power plants Read more
- Lanco Infratech arm starts 371MW unit in Andhra Pradesh Read more
- ONGC's Bassein natural gas field to touch record output in 2018 Read more
- Oil ministry sets up inquiry on delay in projects and missing output targets by ONGC Read more
- One-offs take a toll on ONGCs March quarter earnings Read more
- Farmers steadfast to stop execution of GAIL project Read more
- GAIL will put RIL interest share in PSB term deposits Read more