Coal News We love to talk!
Three persons have been fleeced in the name of allotment of gas agency under Prime Minister Ujjwala Yojna. Two such cases of fraud by the same website were reported by TOI last year but no action was initiated by the cyber-cell.
According to police, Manas Vihar resident retired army man Abhay Chandra saw advertisement in a Hindi daily last month stating any person can get gas dealership under PM Ujjwala Yojna and that procedure for applying may be viewed at www.ujjwalargglvy.org.
He logged in and found that to process the request he had to pay Rs 5,000 after which he got a call from an unknown number and the miscreants demanded Rs 25,000 for further process. He smelt a rat and lodged an FIR with the Indiranagar police on May 14.
Another person identified as Ajay Paswan was lured by the advertisement and paid Rs 25,000 after having paid Rs 5,000 for registration but when he got another call from an unknown number asking him for more cash, Paswan then lodged a complaint on May 15. A similar complaint was lodged by Anand, a resident of Narhi for the same website on May 16.
Sub-inspector V S Sirohi, told TOI police had received three complains about the fake website and preliminary investigations revealed that it is hosted by ‘Go daddy’. When TOI, asked about the previous cases the officer said a probe was underway. He added the original website for obtaining the dealership is www.pmujjwalayojana.com.
Police said one of the features that give away the dubious site is that has names of Prime Minister Narendra Modi as well as of late Rajiv Gandhi. IOC officials told TOI that strict action must be taken immediately against the fake website website which is still active.
- GAIL to hire LNG ship from TOTAL to haul gas from US Read more
- Shiv Sena agitates against fuel price hike, inflation in Maharashtra Read more
- Mitsui sets eyes on PM Narendra Modis pet infra, energy projects; sees big investment opportunities in India Read more
- Petroleum & Natural Gas Minister Dharmendra Pradhan dedicates 36 new CNG stations in Delhi & NCR Read more
- Life threat again for Dabhol power Read more
- Essar's planned oil-for-steel deal tests Iran sanctions Read more
- Key takeaways from RILs billion-dollar US shale sale Read more
- Rosnefts Suzunskoye field to start production this year Read more
- Now, Bengal awaits Adani's green gas biz Read more
- Congress deprived state of oil royalty, says Hemanta Biswa Sarma Read more