Power News We love to talk!
The district-level announcement of total electrification in the district will be held on May 28 as 11,223 families have been given free electricity connection under the supervision of Assembly constituency-level monitoring committees headed by respective MLAs.
A press release announcing this said a total of Rs. 13.66 crore was spent for the works to give power connection to the families including Adivasis living inside forests and people inhabiting remote locations in the hill areas here. Local area development funds of the MLAs, and the funds from local bodies, Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe Departments, Centrally-sponsored schemes, and the Kerala State Electricity Board (KSEB), were utilised for the total electrification project. The KSEB provided financial assistance for wiring works in the houses of Adivasis and financially poor families.
The function to announce completion of the total electrification project in the district would be held at the Kannur Municipal Higher Secondary School on May 28 morning.
The release said of the 11 Assembly constituencies, Peravur accounted for the largest number of houses that were granted free electricity connection. The beneficiary families in the constituency totalled 2,854. The total electrification project in the district was completed by laying total 364 kms of low transmission lines, the release said. The electrification works under the project were started in October.
- Move to free coal pricing could make power more costly in India Read more
- Govt to auction 3 GW of wind power projects by the end of this fiscal Read more
- Re-allocation of Tadicherla coal block set to reduce power woes Read more
- CERC orders probe into grid failure, wants report by August 8 Read more
- Power supply to be hit in Udupi district today Read more
- GMDC plans 50 MW wind power project for Rs 300 cr Read more
- RBIs February circular: Allahabad High Court refuses relief to power assets Read more
- Renewable energy upsetting power eco-systems Read more
- KSERC partially upholds petition filed by KSSIA Read more
- Stressed power assets: RBI should amend order, says panel Read more