Power News We love to talk!
The district-level announcement of total electrification in the district will be held on May 28 as 11,223 families have been given free electricity connection under the supervision of Assembly constituency-level monitoring committees headed by respective MLAs.
A press release announcing this said a total of Rs. 13.66 crore was spent for the works to give power connection to the families including Adivasis living inside forests and people inhabiting remote locations in the hill areas here. Local area development funds of the MLAs, and the funds from local bodies, Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe Departments, Centrally-sponsored schemes, and the Kerala State Electricity Board (KSEB), were utilised for the total electrification project. The KSEB provided financial assistance for wiring works in the houses of Adivasis and financially poor families.
The function to announce completion of the total electrification project in the district would be held at the Kannur Municipal Higher Secondary School on May 28 morning.
The release said of the 11 Assembly constituencies, Peravur accounted for the largest number of houses that were granted free electricity connection. The beneficiary families in the constituency totalled 2,854. The total electrification project in the district was completed by laying total 364 kms of low transmission lines, the release said. The electrification works under the project were started in October.
- Macron, Modi to formalise solar alliance in Dec Read more
- Govt. offices, local bodies owe Rs. 821 cr. to NPDCL Read more
- Punjab's Mansa district gets two solar power projects Read more
- Tata Power completes acquisition of 30 MW wind farm in Maharashtra Read more
- India seeks to shut 12% of power capacity in anti-pollution move Read more
- Fuel shortage may hit reform goals for troubled state electricity boards Read more
- NTPC OFS through on LIC insurance Read more
- LG scraps AAP govt's appointment of DERC head Read more
- Legal view favours tariff hike, says brokerage Read more
- Competitive bidding route to help Indain Railways cut power bill by Rs 3,000 crore per year Read more