Coal News We love to talk!
Oil and gas stocks, led by index heavyweight RIL, on Tuesday soared by up to 6 per cent on the bourses amid falling crude oil prices.
Shares of RIL settled 2.58 per cent up at Rs 737.25 on the BSE. ONGC was up 1.67 per cent at Rs 267.60.
Among others, Gail India moved up by 2.66 per cent and OIL India gained 1.47 per cent.
Besides, oil marketing companies, too, rallied with HPCL gaining 6.36 per cent, BPCL rose by 1.84 per cent and IOC went up by 3.46 per cent.
"PSU oil marketing companies surged on reports that government is likely to raise prices of diesel and cooking gas shortly, said Mr Shanu Goel, Research Analyst, Bonanza Portfolio.
Following the gains in these stocks, the BSE oil and gas stocks ended 2.14 per cent up at 7,921.27.
Brent crude oil is currently trading at $95.58 per barrel.
A fall in global crude prices would result in lower import bill for the domestic entities, which increases their profit.
- ONGC, OIL pay differential royalty on crude oil to Assam Read more
- PETRONAS looks to expand its business in India Read more
- LPG pipeline project awaits environmental nod Read more
- IOC to buy up to 50 per cent stake in Adani Group-backed Mundra LNG terminal Read more
- Petroleum Ministry seeks integration road map from state-run oil companies Read more
- NGT raps oil firms over polluting trucks; orders them off Delhi roads Read more
- BJP government to take a call on hiking LPG, Diesel prices Read more
- Soft crude oil prices booster for oil marketing companies Read more
- Essar Energy Vadinar unit synchronised with grid Read more
- GAIL pipes gas to homes, fuel outlets in Bangalore Read more