Coal News We love to talk!
Oil and gas stocks, led by index heavyweight RIL, on Tuesday soared by up to 6 per cent on the bourses amid falling crude oil prices.
Shares of RIL settled 2.58 per cent up at Rs 737.25 on the BSE. ONGC was up 1.67 per cent at Rs 267.60.
Among others, Gail India moved up by 2.66 per cent and OIL India gained 1.47 per cent.
Besides, oil marketing companies, too, rallied with HPCL gaining 6.36 per cent, BPCL rose by 1.84 per cent and IOC went up by 3.46 per cent.
"PSU oil marketing companies surged on reports that government is likely to raise prices of diesel and cooking gas shortly, said Mr Shanu Goel, Research Analyst, Bonanza Portfolio.
Following the gains in these stocks, the BSE oil and gas stocks ended 2.14 per cent up at 7,921.27.
Brent crude oil is currently trading at $95.58 per barrel.
A fall in global crude prices would result in lower import bill for the domestic entities, which increases their profit.
- Essar Oilfields reports $15.71 m profit Read more
- Essel Group invests in oil, gas exploration projects in Africa Read more
- KG Basin gas supply: SMEs await completion of crucial pipeline Read more
- Navratna oil marketing companies Indian Oil, BPCL and HPCL may report another quarter of losses Read more
- Oil firms to study impact of daily price revision over 3 months Read more
- Are oil marketing stocks worth buying after diesel deregulation? Read more
- KG Basin row: Will excess cost recovery affect Reliance Ind scrip? Read more
- Indian Oil net up over 2-fold on higher refining margin Read more
- Govt sets up panel to localise fuel exploration Read more
- Reliance cautions on further dip in KG-D6 output Read more