Coal News We love to talk!
Oil and gas stocks, led by index heavyweight RIL, on Tuesday soared by up to 6 per cent on the bourses amid falling crude oil prices.
Shares of RIL settled 2.58 per cent up at Rs 737.25 on the BSE. ONGC was up 1.67 per cent at Rs 267.60.
Among others, Gail India moved up by 2.66 per cent and OIL India gained 1.47 per cent.
Besides, oil marketing companies, too, rallied with HPCL gaining 6.36 per cent, BPCL rose by 1.84 per cent and IOC went up by 3.46 per cent.
"PSU oil marketing companies surged on reports that government is likely to raise prices of diesel and cooking gas shortly, said Mr Shanu Goel, Research Analyst, Bonanza Portfolio.
Following the gains in these stocks, the BSE oil and gas stocks ended 2.14 per cent up at 7,921.27.
Brent crude oil is currently trading at $95.58 per barrel.
A fall in global crude prices would result in lower import bill for the domestic entities, which increases their profit.
- Indian Oil planning Rs 20,000-crore petrochem complex in Odisha Read more
- ONGC targets $12-bn foreign oil and gas investments Read more
- Fuel sales increase between 30 per cent and 40 per cent since demonetization Read more
- ONGC stake sale: Subsidy burden gone, Centre eyes disinvestment Read more
- MRPL to roll out 120 fuel retail outlets Read more
- ONGC Videsh Limited shortlisted for oil, gas field auction in Mexico Read more
- RIL gas output from KG-D6 block drops to 34 mmscmd Read more
- IOC seeks to bring cooking gas via Bangladesh water route Read more
- ONGC to move on to next cluster in KG block Read more
- Only notified gas formula, not prices: Government tells Supreme Court Read more