Power News We love to talk!
Frequent power cuts have been affecting the daily chores of residents of Tiruthuraipoondi for the past one month.
A cross section of traders say that it was difficult to carry out their business as the power cuts were unscheduled.
It lasted for at least 35 minutes every time, particularly in the evening. A number of tailors are the worst-hit, as their work comes to a grinding halt all of a sudden as the electric sewing machines cannot be operated for about an hour or so daily in the evening.
One of the artisans involved in making pots and earthen wares said that he too was affected daily. As the earthen wares are being made using electrically-operated wheels, the frequent and prolonged cuts caused much disturbance.
They said that additional sub-stations should be set up at Tiruthuraipoondi and surrounding areas. The distribution system should be channelised to cater to the needs of the consumers.
- No occupancy certificate without solar power panel Read more
- Haryana OA Regulation (1st Amendment) Read more
- Softbank's Masayoshi Son says will surpass $10 billion investment commitment for India Read more
- Honda seeks roadmap on EVs before commercial launch in India Read more
- OPTCL pegs power carrying cost at 37.12 ppu for 2015-16 Read more
- `Hydro power can solve growing energy needs, more feasible than solar and wind' Read more
- Steep 15 per cent hike in Tamil Nadu power tariff; subsidy to offset burden Read more
- GVK, L&T hydel projects hit Read more
- ABB to install solar-based microgrid at Vadodara facility Read more
- Cabinet approval for 3 lakh solar street lights in NE states, Maoist-hit districts Read more