Coal News We love to talk!
The Indian markets saw a light bounceback on Tuesday, a day after the RBI policy announcement saw markets tank by about 2 per cent.
The BSE Sensex ended the day at 16,860, up 154 points (0.9 per cent) from its previous close. The NSE Nifty was up 40 points (0.8 per cent) from its previous close to end the day at 5104.
"This was expected as the market was making up for the losses of the day before. This is nothing but a small knee-jerk reaction. Investors are just paring their losses, said Mr. Shrikant Shetty, an independent market analyst.
The rally in the day was led by oil&gas stocks said analysts. The oil&gas stocks reacted to comments made on the sideline of the G-20 summit that oil prices could be deregulated and therefore, subsidies would be lower. The BSE Oil&Gas sector index was up 2.1 per cent.
The other sector stocks which rose by one per cent were the FMCG, Healthcare and PSU stocks.
The top five Sensex stocks were GAIL, RIL, ITC, Bharti Airtel and ONGC. The top five laggards were Sterlite Industries, BHEL, Infosys, Tata Power and Jindal Steel.
- Electric vehicle push: Are oil companies, exchequer ready FOR a shift to greener fuels & the viability of OMCs? Read more
- Essar Oil to submit proposal for extracting shale gas from Bengals Raniganj block Read more
- Make video clip if asked for bribe: UP power minister Read more
- Mexico Pledges to Cut Emissions 25 Percent in Climate Change Milestone Read more
- DMRC high on solar power Read more
- Govt to promote solar powered charkhas, rickshaws under off-grid solar scheme Read more
- MERC notice to Tata Power on petitions Read more
- Solar tariffs at Rs 3 a unit may be the new normal: NTPC CMD Gurdeep Singh Read more
- Sterlite emerges lowest bidder for Odisha transmission project Read more
- Oil giant in the making: ONGC may ink one of the biggest PSU M&As; in 2017-18 to buy HPCL Read more