Coal News We love to talk!
The Indian markets saw a light bounceback on Tuesday, a day after the RBI policy announcement saw markets tank by about 2 per cent.
The BSE Sensex ended the day at 16,860, up 154 points (0.9 per cent) from its previous close. The NSE Nifty was up 40 points (0.8 per cent) from its previous close to end the day at 5104.
"This was expected as the market was making up for the losses of the day before. This is nothing but a small knee-jerk reaction. Investors are just paring their losses, said Mr. Shrikant Shetty, an independent market analyst.
The rally in the day was led by oil&gas stocks said analysts. The oil&gas stocks reacted to comments made on the sideline of the G-20 summit that oil prices could be deregulated and therefore, subsidies would be lower. The BSE Oil&Gas sector index was up 2.1 per cent.
The other sector stocks which rose by one per cent were the FMCG, Healthcare and PSU stocks.
The top five Sensex stocks were GAIL, RIL, ITC, Bharti Airtel and ONGC. The top five laggards were Sterlite Industries, BHEL, Infosys, Tata Power and Jindal Steel.
- Street ignoring exploration upsides for Cairn India Read more
- Safety concerns loom over LPG scheme for BPL homes Read more
- Ruias strike complex royalty deal with new owners of Essar Oil Read more
- Global solar capacity addition to touch 48,000 MW this year Read more
- Don't approve RIL's D6 costs before our audit: CAG to Centre Read more
- Rajiv Kumar Gupta appointed anti-corruption officer in Oil India Ltd Read more
- Oil prices fuel WPI inflation to 30-month high of 5.25% in Jan Read more
- Oil Drops From Five-Week High as U.S. Stockpiles Advance Read more
- Power demand soars as mercury rises in Delhi Read more
- Alstom approves General Electric's $17 billion offer to buy its power business Read more