Coal News We love to talk!
Thane crime branch along with local police and other concerned departments continued raiding petrol pumps in Vidarbha on Saturday too. The team raided two more petrol pumps in the region. The operation which started earlier this week, has so far witnessed Thane police taking action against four petrol pumps.
Thane police first raided Indian Oil’s Dhanashri Auto Services at Saoner. The police later cracked the whip on Hindustan Petroleum’s Shree Samartha Jogiraj Petrol at Jaripatka on Saturday.
A team under API Abhiraj Kurhade seized three tempered pulsars (fuel vending machines) and equal number of ‘control cards’ which were being used to manipulate display meters at Dhanashri Auto Service. A notice has also been served to petrol pump owner Dadjirao Mangale to appear before Thane police for inquiry on a later date.
It is learnt that Thane police has so far conducted around 63 raids on petrol pumps across the state which included 29 pumps of Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL). While 27 petrol pumps belonged to Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL), four pumps of Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited and three of Essar.
Kurhade, who raided the petrol pumps under the supervision of DCP Abhishek Trimukhe (crime branch, Thane), said, “Apart from Saoner police, officials of IOCL, district civil supply and legal metrology department were part of the team which raided Dhanashri Auto Services.
“Several petrol pumps are under our scanner which would be raided soon,” he said. In the second raid, Thane police seized four tempered pulsars and equal number of ‘control cards’ at the petrol pump owned by Vinod Armarkar. A notice has also been served to him to appear for inquiry,” Kurhade said.
The raid was conducted following the information extracted during the interrogation of three accused arrested during the raid at Rabjyot Automobile Services at Mankapur earlier this week.
- Parliamentary panel upset at RIL for getting away with KG-D6 miss Read more
- ONGC says KG Basin project on track, to produce gas on time Read more
- Rajasthan government to renegotiate Barmer refinery project with HPCL Read more
- ONGC should sell stake in IOC to fund HPCL buyout: Experts Read more
- Crude oil opens new vistas in India-US relationship Read more
- CIL, IOC, MMTC give push to divestment Read more
- RIL, ONGC join hands to share infrastructure Read more
- OMCs get RBI nod for dollar buy route Read more
- Union Budget 2015: High profile oil & gas sector gets no mention by FM Jaitley Read more
- Indian Oil, partners look for cheaper site for Pacific NorthWest LNG terminal Read more