Power News We love to talk!
India has launched a solar project with state-of-the-art technology to electrify a remote village in Egypt. The Solar Electrification Project, an off-grid system that is ideal for remote locations, has been launched at Agaween village in the Western Desert in Matrouh Governorate, close to the Libyan border.
India provided all the solar panels and sub-systems, machinery, equipment and technical support, as well as training for technicians, while the Egyptian government provided the location for implementation of the project.
The project was inaugurated by India’s Ambassador to Egypt Sanjay Bhattacharyya and Major General Alla Fathi Abou Zeid, Governor of Matrouh. “The project harnesses the sun and enriches the life of the villagers. The project is a demonstration of India’s technical capabilities, especially in renewable energy, and can be replicated at other locations in Egypt,” Bhattacharyya said. The total output of the project is 8.8 kilowatt. The project has the ability to electrify the whole village.
Zeid said that the project will not only provide electricity to Agaween village but also give training to workers on how to maintain and adjust the solar energy systems to help forming groups of well-trained workers in the governorate. The Solar Electrification Project at Agaween will provide electricity to 40 houses, a school, a mosque and a community centre.
- Standard PPA in respect of Solar Power Plants of 1-3 MW projects of land owners and Institutions, Karnataka Read more
- Long associated with coal, NTPC seen as key to clean energy thrust Read more
- Winter slows down power movement; prices go haywire Read more
- Oil ministry clears $10 bn worth of pending projects Read more
- Now, apply online with documents to avail subsidy on solar power panels Read more
- Adani group joins GEIDCO Read more
- LNG terminal to fuel marine vessels Read more
- Slow pace of grid links irks solar developers Read more
- Losses for SEBs may reduce with improved coal supply & tariff hike Read more
- RIL to get benefit of gas price hike from Sept 2017 Read more