Power News We love to talk!
A chief engineer of the state-run power generation company was suspended yesterday for allegedly posting an obscene photo on the official social media group of his department, of which state Power Minister Chandrashekhar Bawankule is one of the members.
Following the incident, Maharashtra State Power Generation Company Ltd’s Pophali Hydro Power Station Chief Engineer V M Khokale was placed under suspension on the orders issued by Bipin Shrimali, the Chairman and Managing Director of Mahagenco, on July 15. Pophali power generation centre is located in Chipalun taluka of coastal Ratnagiri district. As per the suspension letter, Khokale posted the obscene photo on ‘Energy Minister Live’, the official WhatsApp group which has senior officials of MahaGenco as its members, on the intervening night of July 14 and 15.
Khokale has been asked to report to the Mumbai headquarters every Monday till next orders are issued. He was not available for comments on the issue.
- Natural gas to outpace all energy sources until 2035: report Read more
- Sterlite Power, IRB Infrastructure inch closer to InvIT launches Read more
- Power generation resumes at NTPC Read more
- Twenty million new cooking gas connections given since 2014: Government Read more
- Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje inaugurates 4th Unit of Chhabra Thermal Power Station Read more
- Coal India enters fuel supply pacts with 5 companies Read more
- NTPC world's 6th-largest CO2 emitter: Survey Read more
- High air pollution levels may hit Indias solar power generation plans Read more
- APTEL asks SERCs to Plan, Pursue & Ensure RPO compliance Read more
- HPCL assets valued at over 70% of its m-cap Read more