Power News We love to talk!
A chief engineer of the state-run power generation company was suspended yesterday for allegedly posting an obscene photo on the official social media group of his department, of which state Power Minister Chandrashekhar Bawankule is one of the members.
Following the incident, Maharashtra State Power Generation Company Ltd’s Pophali Hydro Power Station Chief Engineer V M Khokale was placed under suspension on the orders issued by Bipin Shrimali, the Chairman and Managing Director of Mahagenco, on July 15. Pophali power generation centre is located in Chipalun taluka of coastal Ratnagiri district. As per the suspension letter, Khokale posted the obscene photo on ‘Energy Minister Live’, the official WhatsApp group which has senior officials of MahaGenco as its members, on the intervening night of July 14 and 15.
Khokale has been asked to report to the Mumbai headquarters every Monday till next orders are issued. He was not available for comments on the issue.
- Rolta Power scouts for Chinese partner for solar cell facility Read more
- Night shelters remain dark without power Read more
- Thermal power plants in Delhi may be told to switch to gas Read more
- India, US to battle it out at WTO over solar policy Read more
- Coal blocks allotted to big firms may be scrapped, JSPL, Tata Power at risk Read more
- Online submission of applications for new power connections soon Read more
- Meghalaya ERC issues Terms and Conditions for determination of Tariff for Generation from Renewable Energy Sources Regulations, 2014 Read more
- NCPA installs Mumbais largest private solar project Read more
- Kerala electricity regulator rejects KIIDC tariff application for solar PV project Read more
- Cabinet clears hydel power project in J&K Read more