Power News We love to talk!
A chief engineer of the state-run power generation company was suspended yesterday for allegedly posting an obscene photo on the official social media group of his department, of which state Power Minister Chandrashekhar Bawankule is one of the members.
Following the incident, Maharashtra State Power Generation Company Ltd’s Pophali Hydro Power Station Chief Engineer V M Khokale was placed under suspension on the orders issued by Bipin Shrimali, the Chairman and Managing Director of Mahagenco, on July 15. Pophali power generation centre is located in Chipalun taluka of coastal Ratnagiri district. As per the suspension letter, Khokale posted the obscene photo on ‘Energy Minister Live’, the official WhatsApp group which has senior officials of MahaGenco as its members, on the intervening night of July 14 and 15.
Khokale has been asked to report to the Mumbai headquarters every Monday till next orders are issued. He was not available for comments on the issue.
- IREDA launches loan scheme for rooftop solar power projects Read more
- PMC debates use of solar panels in 3 BRTS routes Read more
- Renewable purchase obligations: REC trading picks up to touch record volumes Read more
- Central PSUs, private companies produce more hydropower in January Read more
- Maharashtra power firm struggles to ensure smooth supply Read more
- Odisha demands grants for Pump Storage Projects from NCEF Read more
- IOC evaluates Rs 20,000 crore coke gasification project at Paradip Read more
- Tata Power loss widens to Rs 67 cr on lower revenue Read more
- Aggressive bidding for coal blocks is likely to cost power companies dear Read more
- Long associated with coal, NTPC seen as key to clean energy thrust Read more