Power News We love to talk!
A chief engineer of the state-run power generation company was suspended yesterday for allegedly posting an obscene photo on the official social media group of his department, of which state Power Minister Chandrashekhar Bawankule is one of the members.
Following the incident, Maharashtra State Power Generation Company Ltd’s Pophali Hydro Power Station Chief Engineer V M Khokale was placed under suspension on the orders issued by Bipin Shrimali, the Chairman and Managing Director of Mahagenco, on July 15. Pophali power generation centre is located in Chipalun taluka of coastal Ratnagiri district. As per the suspension letter, Khokale posted the obscene photo on ‘Energy Minister Live’, the official WhatsApp group which has senior officials of MahaGenco as its members, on the intervening night of July 14 and 15.
Khokale has been asked to report to the Mumbai headquarters every Monday till next orders are issued. He was not available for comments on the issue.
- Power generated by solar panels atop institutions go waste Read more
- Discoms want peak-hour tariff for 10kW consumers Read more
- India deal unlikely to secure Toshiba's lofty nuclear plans Read more
- CSERC issues true-up order for CSPDCL, CSPTCL, CSPGCL and Chhattisgarh SLDC Read more
- New experts panels fast tracks dirty energy projects Read more
- NTPC extends deadline for coal import tenders Read more
- Short supply to cost CIL R880 cr, feels ministry Read more
- KA: Draft 2nd Amendments to Standard Formats of Power Purchase Agreements in respect of Non-Conventional Energy Projects Read more
- Coal for power units to be tested Read more
- TATA, Adani among prospective bidders Read more