Power News We love to talk!
A chief engineer of the state-run power generation company was suspended yesterday for allegedly posting an obscene photo on the official social media group of his department, of which state Power Minister Chandrashekhar Bawankule is one of the members.
Following the incident, Maharashtra State Power Generation Company Ltd’s Pophali Hydro Power Station Chief Engineer V M Khokale was placed under suspension on the orders issued by Bipin Shrimali, the Chairman and Managing Director of Mahagenco, on July 15. Pophali power generation centre is located in Chipalun taluka of coastal Ratnagiri district. As per the suspension letter, Khokale posted the obscene photo on ‘Energy Minister Live’, the official WhatsApp group which has senior officials of MahaGenco as its members, on the intervening night of July 14 and 15.
Khokale has been asked to report to the Mumbai headquarters every Monday till next orders are issued. He was not available for comments on the issue.
- Ethanol use can reduce India's fuel imports, says Prime Minister Modi Read more
- MoEF declines clearance to KSK hydel project in Arunachal Pradesh Read more
- Economic Survey 2016: Simplify power tariff structure with two-three categories Read more
- Great Eastern Energy to invest $1 billion on natural gas, shale Read more
- Asian Development Bank extends $175-million loan to Power Grid Corporation Read more
- Piyush Goyal urges rich countries to cut fossil fuel use Read more
- Govt confident that petroleum products will be under GST regime: Pradhan Read more
- 'Make BHEL nodal agency for govt's overseas power projects' Read more
- UDAY is a classic example of Comprehensive, Cooperative, Collaborative, Competitive, Consensual and Compassionate Federalism: Shri Piyush Goyal Read more
- Indias solar prices set to drop amid competition, lower costs Read more