Power News We love to talk!
A chief engineer of the state-run power generation company was suspended yesterday for allegedly posting an obscene photo on the official social media group of his department, of which state Power Minister Chandrashekhar Bawankule is one of the members.
Following the incident, Maharashtra State Power Generation Company Ltd’s Pophali Hydro Power Station Chief Engineer V M Khokale was placed under suspension on the orders issued by Bipin Shrimali, the Chairman and Managing Director of Mahagenco, on July 15. Pophali power generation centre is located in Chipalun taluka of coastal Ratnagiri district. As per the suspension letter, Khokale posted the obscene photo on ‘Energy Minister Live’, the official WhatsApp group which has senior officials of MahaGenco as its members, on the intervening night of July 14 and 15.
Khokale has been asked to report to the Mumbai headquarters every Monday till next orders are issued. He was not available for comments on the issue.
- Minister to decide on fate of three low-bid coal blocks Read more
- SBI-Macquire in talks to buy Hindustan Power Project's operational alternate power assets Read more
- Solar rooftop drive: Peoples movement essential to enhance installations in India Read more
- Chandigarh beats Punjab in distribution of energy saving LED lights Read more
- Experts pitch for fossil fuels to drive growth in India Read more
- Indian oil launches 'XTRAREWARDS' in Kerala Read more
- Coca-Cola's Ludhiana bottling plant commission 100 KW Solar power plant Read more
- RPowers Butibori plant starts generation Read more
- Coal Indias profits may dip if coal is sold at fixed rate for 5 years Read more
- Now AAP offers free water, power subsidy to Delhi tenants Read more