Power News We love to talk!
The State government will officially transfer 2,200 acres of land to the Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL) by October 2017 for construction of India’s biggest atomic power plant in Kovvada village of Ranasthalam mandal in the district. Revenue officials will hand over 500 acres by August 15 and the remaining in a phased manner.
District Collector K. Dhanunjaya Reddy has been according top priority to overcome practical difficulties in acquiring land in sensitive villages. As most of the villagers who face displacement have agreed to accept a compensation of Rs. 18 lakh per acre offered under the Land Acquisition Act of 2013, the acquisition process is going on smoothly. However, a few of them have expressed unhappiness over payment of lesser amount than promised because of “mistakes” in the records.
Speaking to The Hindu , Mr. Dhanunjaya Reddy said that compensation amount was being finalised for structures, trees, and other properties.
“The villagers are cooperating with us as almost all their demands have been accepted. Apart from paying compensation, we are constructing a model colony for them in Dharmavaram village near Etcherla. In all, 213 acres of forest land has been acquired for the purpose. This apart, we are scouting for land for construction of gated community for the NPCIL officials and staff,” he said.
NPCIL Project Director G.V. Ramesh, who has been pursuing the issue with Mr. Dhanunjaya Reddy and Joint Collector K.V.N. Chakradharbabu for the last two months, has expressed happiness over the progress of land acquisition. “The NPCIL has already deposited Rs. 384 crore with the district administration towards payment of compensation. A few villagers have already received the amount and the remaining will be paid in a phased manner. Representatives of the Westinghouse Electric Corporation have been in touch with us. The company will construct the project as per the previous agreement,” he added.
- MERC allows compensatory tariff of Rs. 1.01 for Tiroda TPP Read more
- Jaitapur project to be scrapped if Shiv Sena comes to power: Uddhav Thackeray Read more
- Cairn India gets nod for drilling on Rajasthan block Read more
- NTPC puts West Bengal's Katwa power plant on fast-track Read more
- First of 2 Hinduja power plants set to become operational Read more
- Coal ministry to meet prior allottees of 23 coal blocks over compensation, quality issue Read more
- India announces new licensing policy to boost oil output Read more
- CERC fixes charges for Powergrids transmission assets for transfer of power from Sikkim Read more
- UN chief Ban Ki Moon to inaugurate canal top solar power plant in Gujarat Read more
- KERC notifies standard format of PPA for 1-3 MW solar power plants Read more