Power News We love to talk!
The second auction for alloting 1,000 MW of wind power capacity has attracted bids worth 2,898 MW. The bids closed on Saturday.
The first auction, also for 1,000 MW, which concluded on February 25 this year, resulted in wind energy companies agreeing to sell wind energy for as low as 3.46 a kWhr.
The auction was a milestone event in the history of India's renewable energy industry, as it changed the way tariffs are discovered, from negotiated Feed-in Tariffs, to the cheaper tariffs discovered through competitive bidding.
- TN industries hail lifting of power cuts Read more
- Govt mulls introducing fixed-cost component in renewable energy tariff Read more
- Capital outlay for 7 power PSUs at Rs 51,425.84-crore in FY15 Read more
- SembCorp, Kepco in talks to buy GMRs Odisha plant Read more
- Gujarat industry body opposes increase in power tariff sought by discoms Read more
- Heating up the competitive market: Vedanta gears up for solar foray Read more
- Smelter plant production not cut due to coal crisis: Nalco Read more
- Tata Power arm closes $30-mn stake sale in OTP Geothermal Read more
- Renewable energy: Here is how to use subsidies for sustained growth Read more
- Saudi Arabia loses spot as top crude supplier to India, China Read more