Power News We love to talk!
The second auction for alloting 1,000 MW of wind power capacity has attracted bids worth 2,898 MW. The bids closed on Saturday.
The first auction, also for 1,000 MW, which concluded on February 25 this year, resulted in wind energy companies agreeing to sell wind energy for as low as 3.46 a kWhr.
The auction was a milestone event in the history of India's renewable energy industry, as it changed the way tariffs are discovered, from negotiated Feed-in Tariffs, to the cheaper tariffs discovered through competitive bidding.
- IOC investing Rs 45K crore to expand refining capacity to meet demand Read more
- Oil India, BPCL to issue bonds for Russian buy Read more
- Adani Power commissions third unit of 660 Mw at Tiroda Read more
- Australian firm deals with GreenField Software for energy efficiency Read more
- Coal import graph turns flat at 16.65 million tonnes for October Read more
- RERC Notified the Order of determination and approval of Cross Subsidy Surcharge for the FY 16-17 Read more
- HSBC pledges $100 bn climate financing, to discontinue funding coal-fired plants Read more
- IREDA plans to raise Rs 600 crore via tax-free bonds by September 10 Read more
- AP power sector revenue deficit at Rs. 7,716 crore Read more
- SembCorp, Kepco in talks to buy GMRs Odisha plant Read more