Power News We love to talk!
The second auction for alloting 1,000 MW of wind power capacity has attracted bids worth 2,898 MW. The bids closed on Saturday.
The first auction, also for 1,000 MW, which concluded on February 25 this year, resulted in wind energy companies agreeing to sell wind energy for as low as 3.46 a kWhr.
The auction was a milestone event in the history of India's renewable energy industry, as it changed the way tariffs are discovered, from negotiated Feed-in Tariffs, to the cheaper tariffs discovered through competitive bidding.
- Decision on gas price rise deferred till November 15 Read more
- Tata Power expands green energy power generation capacity Read more
- Bhadra CADA seeks installation of solar panels over main canals Read more
- Probe finds IFC investment in Tata Power project breaching norms Read more
- India, US launch clean energy finance facility USICEF Read more
- Government may allow power companies to swap coal supplies with nearest fuel source Read more
- NTPC: From toilets to turbines Read more
- Power sector has investment potential of Rs15 trillion in 4-5 years: Piyush Goyal Read more
- Adani Power losses continue Read more
- Himachal Pradesh electricity regulator announces hike in power tariffs Read more