Power News We love to talk!
The second auction for alloting 1,000 MW of wind power capacity has attracted bids worth 2,898 MW. The bids closed on Saturday.
The first auction, also for 1,000 MW, which concluded on February 25 this year, resulted in wind energy companies agreeing to sell wind energy for as low as 3.46 a kWhr.
The auction was a milestone event in the history of India's renewable energy industry, as it changed the way tariffs are discovered, from negotiated Feed-in Tariffs, to the cheaper tariffs discovered through competitive bidding.
- Nigeria bags top spot as india's oil supplier in May Read more
- Petroleum Ministry will have to rework shale policy Read more
- Tata Power commissions Mundra UMPP 5th unit Read more
- India to take Moscow route to channel oil payments to Tehran Read more
- India, Canada discuss bilateral nuclear energy collaboration Read more
- Odisha seeks funds for National Institute of New Energy and Innovation Read more
- JP Power Ventures seeks to extend standstill deal with bondholders Read more
- Chandigarh administration to distribute cheap LED bulbs as part of save energy campaign Read more
- VMC set to generate 4.28 mw solar power Read more
- India to be number one in power generation, consumption: Power Minister R K Singh Read more