Power News We love to talk!
The second auction for alloting 1,000 MW of wind power capacity has attracted bids worth 2,898 MW. The bids closed on Saturday.
The first auction, also for 1,000 MW, which concluded on February 25 this year, resulted in wind energy companies agreeing to sell wind energy for as low as 3.46 a kWhr.
The auction was a milestone event in the history of India's renewable energy industry, as it changed the way tariffs are discovered, from negotiated Feed-in Tariffs, to the cheaper tariffs discovered through competitive bidding.
- NTPC Q4 net profit drops 29 pc to Rs 3,093.54 cr as fuel costs rise Read more
- Mangaluru: Activists want govt to revise hydel policy Read more
- Muted coal production no barometer for power sectors health: power ministry Read more
- `Aadhaar will be used for LPG subsidy to needy' Read more
- Tripura government yet to clear power dues Read more
- Power situation likely to improve with additional supply from GAIL Read more
- Thousands of trucks stranded as fuel outlets refuse Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes Read more
- Tata Power proposes lower electricity charges for Mumbai users Read more
- Power distribution reforms: All is not well for states tariff revision Read more
- Panel formed to look into merger of CIL pension fund with EPFO Read more