Power News We love to talk!
Punjab government is planning to exhort farmers to install solar power run tubewell and supplement their income by sale of power. Punjab power minister Rana Gurjeet Singh has urged power utilities Punjab State Power Corporation Limited (PSPCL) and Punjab State Transmission Corporation Limited (PSTCL), to initiate a feasibility study to convert every farmer from power consumer to power producer.
According to this plan, each farmer's tube well motor will be replaced with a power saving five-star motor powered with a solar power unit. Farmers will not only use solar power to run tubewell but he will also sell this power during the idle period. Power Minister has asked PSPCL & PSTCL to study the feasibility of this project.
"This project will not only provide an additional source of income to every son of soil but the government would also save Rs 7000 crores it used to pay on power subsidy", said Rana Gurjeet Singh while discussing this innovative idea with the engineers and financial professionals of the department.
Stressing on the fact that 1 percent fall in power losses & theft in the state will save Rs 1800 crore, power minister has asked the department to adopt innovative ideas in the work style also. He asked A. Venu Prasad, chairman cum managing director PSPCL to fix responsibilities and powers of all the employees of the department to increase their accountability. "We can bring a drastic cut in the power losses and thefts by ensuring regular monitoring, using quality products and brining transparency and efficiency in all financial transactions including billing process", said Gurjeet.
- Green tribunal stays MoEF clearance for phase 1 of mini-hydel project Read more
- Abu road first energy efficient station of Ajmer division Read more
- NTPC Eastern Region II generates extra power Read more
- State to adopt latest tech for harnessing renewable energy Read more
- AP to evolve hybrid solar, wind power development model Read more
- National Solar Mission back with a bang Read more
- NTPC a key enabler of Indias electricity transformation, says IEEFA report Read more
- Oil India plans to enter refining business Read more
- Tamil Nadu to join UDAY scheme on Monday Read more
- Govt. keen on making optimum use of solar energy Read more