Power News We love to talk!
Punjab government is planning to exhort farmers to install solar power run tubewell and supplement their income by sale of power. Punjab power minister Rana Gurjeet Singh has urged power utilities Punjab State Power Corporation Limited (PSPCL) and Punjab State Transmission Corporation Limited (PSTCL), to initiate a feasibility study to convert every farmer from power consumer to power producer.
According to this plan, each farmer's tube well motor will be replaced with a power saving five-star motor powered with a solar power unit. Farmers will not only use solar power to run tubewell but he will also sell this power during the idle period. Power Minister has asked PSPCL & PSTCL to study the feasibility of this project.
"This project will not only provide an additional source of income to every son of soil but the government would also save Rs 7000 crores it used to pay on power subsidy", said Rana Gurjeet Singh while discussing this innovative idea with the engineers and financial professionals of the department.
Stressing on the fact that 1 percent fall in power losses & theft in the state will save Rs 1800 crore, power minister has asked the department to adopt innovative ideas in the work style also. He asked A. Venu Prasad, chairman cum managing director PSPCL to fix responsibilities and powers of all the employees of the department to increase their accountability. "We can bring a drastic cut in the power losses and thefts by ensuring regular monitoring, using quality products and brining transparency and efficiency in all financial transactions including billing process", said Gurjeet.
- Saarc countries planning to set up common power grid Read more
- Ajay Goel set to move to Tata Power from solar arm Read more
- UK to support India's renewable energy initiatives Read more
- APERC rejects APTRANSCOs transmission tariff review petition Read more
- Govt looks to extend 5:25 scheme to older power projects Read more
- Coal India to appoint consultant for Rs 10,000 crore power plant in Odisha Read more
- Coal supply via MoUs to continue till Jun 30 Read more
- AP power consumers in for steep tariff hike next fiscal Read more
- Hilliard Energy to set up solar, wind projects in Andhra Read more
- Coal block sale: Asset value, imported coal rate will not be factored into auction price Read more