Power News We love to talk!
Punjab government is planning to exhort farmers to install solar power run tubewell and supplement their income by sale of power. Punjab power minister Rana Gurjeet Singh has urged power utilities Punjab State Power Corporation Limited (PSPCL) and Punjab State Transmission Corporation Limited (PSTCL), to initiate a feasibility study to convert every farmer from power consumer to power producer.
According to this plan, each farmer's tube well motor will be replaced with a power saving five-star motor powered with a solar power unit. Farmers will not only use solar power to run tubewell but he will also sell this power during the idle period. Power Minister has asked PSPCL & PSTCL to study the feasibility of this project.
"This project will not only provide an additional source of income to every son of soil but the government would also save Rs 7000 crores it used to pay on power subsidy", said Rana Gurjeet Singh while discussing this innovative idea with the engineers and financial professionals of the department.
Stressing on the fact that 1 percent fall in power losses & theft in the state will save Rs 1800 crore, power minister has asked the department to adopt innovative ideas in the work style also. He asked A. Venu Prasad, chairman cum managing director PSPCL to fix responsibilities and powers of all the employees of the department to increase their accountability. "We can bring a drastic cut in the power losses and thefts by ensuring regular monitoring, using quality products and brining transparency and efficiency in all financial transactions including billing process", said Gurjeet.
- Tata, Adani Power asked to settle issues with distributors Read more
- Italys Enel Green Power acquires Indian renewables energy firm BLP Energy Read more
- Narendra Modis power reforms fuelled by bonds as bad debt stymie loans Read more
- On clean energy, India has wind at its back, sun ahead Read more
- Hero Future Energies bags solar power project from Madhya Pradesh government Read more
- Renewables row with US: Union Power Minister Piyush Goyal for dialogue, amicable solution Read more
- Coal Indias decision may help TANGEDCO save Rs. 550 crore Read more
- Coal Indias E-auction premium shrinks to a half Read more
- CERC notifies amendments to gird code and DSM regulations Read more
- CLP likely to buy 100 MW of solar power from Suzlon Read more