Power News We love to talk!
Punjab government is planning to exhort farmers to install solar power run tubewell and supplement their income by sale of power. Punjab power minister Rana Gurjeet Singh has urged power utilities Punjab State Power Corporation Limited (PSPCL) and Punjab State Transmission Corporation Limited (PSTCL), to initiate a feasibility study to convert every farmer from power consumer to power producer.
According to this plan, each farmer's tube well motor will be replaced with a power saving five-star motor powered with a solar power unit. Farmers will not only use solar power to run tubewell but he will also sell this power during the idle period. Power Minister has asked PSPCL & PSTCL to study the feasibility of this project.
"This project will not only provide an additional source of income to every son of soil but the government would also save Rs 7000 crores it used to pay on power subsidy", said Rana Gurjeet Singh while discussing this innovative idea with the engineers and financial professionals of the department.
Stressing on the fact that 1 percent fall in power losses & theft in the state will save Rs 1800 crore, power minister has asked the department to adopt innovative ideas in the work style also. He asked A. Venu Prasad, chairman cum managing director PSPCL to fix responsibilities and powers of all the employees of the department to increase their accountability. "We can bring a drastic cut in the power losses and thefts by ensuring regular monitoring, using quality products and brining transparency and efficiency in all financial transactions including billing process", said Gurjeet.
- Road blocks mar Jindal Power projects in Arunachal Read more
- NTPC Unchahar boiler blast death toll rises to 32 Read more
- Green certificates sale down 58% at 4.01 lakh in January Read more
- RInfra evaluating InvIT for Metro, power transmission businesses Read more
- Essel Group, JA Solar JV to set up Rs 950 crore facility in India Read more
- Boost to power infra in capital region Read more
- Powering up India with solar energy: Neutralising threats, implementing policies Read more
- 2MW solar panels to power WR suburban stations in 6 months Read more
- India unlikely to achieve 40 GW rooftop solar power target: CARE Ratings report Read more
- NTPC's Q2 profit dips 17% to Rs2,071.63 crore on new tariff norms Read more