Power News We love to talk!
The Goa energy development agency (GEDA) has received around 10 suggestions on the draft solar policy during the 10 days to receive public comments.
“The suggestions will be compiled by GEDA and submitted to the government, which will then consider incorporating them into the draft policy, after taking into consideration the financial implications for each. The draft policy will then be notified by the government,” an official said.
The policy was put in the public domain for the second time, after the first draft made no mention of subsidies. Under the policy, the state will grant 50 percent of the capital cost or the benchmark cost provided by the ministry of new and renewable energy (MNRE), whichever is lower, as an interest-free loan to small consumers for setting up solar plants.
A ‘prosumer’ (a consumer of the electricity department who is also a producer of solar power) will have to enter into a power purchase agreement with the electricity department for a period of 25 years, during which the tariff will remain fixed and prosumers will be required to submit an annual account of the power generated. GEDA will allot solar power capacities to project developers and help them with the setup, obtain sanctions and clearances from departments through a single-window. The agency will also identify and facilitate allotment of government land and help in obtaining subsidies by the state or Centre.
The electricity department will also extend support and guidance to those eligible for installing solar power plants and connecting it to the electricity system. The department will conduct a feasibility study for evaluation and connectivity with the local grid facility and provide banking facilities for solar energy.
- Penniless power sector yet to act on govt initiatives Read more
- Wind installations down in first quarter Read more
- US firm challenges Tamil Nadu wind energy auction in High Court Read more
- Wind projects: Winning bidders must deliver, say world energy bodies Read more
- Khandu urges Goyal to include four zones in power grid project Read more
- Inter-state transmission charges for wind, solar projects waived Read more
- Infra pool to have separate funds for roads, clean energy Read more
- Sembcorp buys remaining stake in green arm for Rs 1,410 crore Read more
- SBI-Macquire in talks to buy Hindustan Power Project's operational alternate power assets Read more
- MNRE: Subsidy Reduction and Home Loan Initiative for Rooftop Solar Read more