Coal News We love to talk!
Almost three weeks after their business came to a standstill, MyPetrolPump has shot off a letter to the Oil Ministry urging them to allow the firm to resume its operations on pilot basis till guidelines for doorstep delivery of fuel are formulated.
Bengaluru-based ANB Fuels, under the brand MyPetrolPump, had launched its operations from June 18 with three delivery vehicles, each with a capacity of 950 litres, to deliver fuel to the customer's doorstep. However, they had to suspend the delivery within four days due to a circular issued by the Petroleum and Explosives Safety Organisation (PESO) after the organisation directed state-run oil marketing companies and private retailers to stop selling fuel to the startup citing "safety" concerns. PESO has the responsibility to ensure the safety of the public and property from petroleum products, believes hat the vehicles used by the firm are not approved by their authorities.
“We have lost more than Rs. 40 lakh due to suspension of operations,” said Mypetrolpump CEO Ashish Kumar Gupta. He further added that employees in the company such as delivery boys, truck drivers will lose their jobs unless the government allows the startup to function on a pilot basis.
In a letter dated June 22 to IOCL General Manager Amarendra Kumar, PESO asked him to intimate oil companies not to allow such vehicles for doorstep delivery of fuel because the act of supply of petroleum products is "illegal and fraught with danger" to the public and property in the absence of guidelines pertaining to safety and procedures. Gupta, however, counters that MyPetrolPump's refuelling tankers are built and tested and certified by PESO as listed in its website.
- ONGC Videsh in talks to acquire stake in 2 Siberian oilfields Read more
- Crippling effects of oilsubsidies Read more
- Bescom all set to begin shifting transformers from pavements Read more
- India calls for more transparency in global oil market Read more
- Aviva Investors opposes Vedanta Ltd takeover bid for Cairn India Read more
- CIL, IOC, MMTC give push to divestment Read more
- Debt equity ratio of oil companies deteriorates Read more
- Govt to launch auction of 67 small oil, gas fields on 25 May Read more
- Pradhan to launch LPG scheme for BPL households in Bengal Read more
- PSU oil companies plan mega refinery on west coast Read more