Power News We love to talk!
Meja Utpadan Nigam Pvt Limited, a 50:50 joint venture of NTPC Ltd and Uttar Pradesh Rajya Vidyut Utpadan Nigam Ltd, signed a loan agreement for Rs 6608 crore to finance capital expenditure of 1320-mw power project being set up at Meja near Allahabad,.
Taking advantage of falling interest yields, the deal was finalised between the two companies over a short span, an official statement said.
The proceeds from the loan will also be utilsed partly to refinance costlier loan obtained from consortium of banks and financial institutions. In order to ease future cashflows, the loan also offers extended repayment period, it said.
- A worrying precedent CERC order on Adani undermines tariff auction system Read more
- Budget and oil & gas sector: Integrated PSU oil behemoth a big positive Read more
- NLC exploring possibilities of acquiring coal blocks Read more
- NTPC urged to provide Rs 233 cr bank guarantee for mine delay Read more
- Mytrah Energy H1 revenue up at $ 228.5 m on capacity addition Read more
- RPower moves CERC, seeks tariff hike for Tilaiya UMPP Read more
- Govt may challenge coal rulings in Supreme Court Read more
- Haryana approves 800 MW unit at Panipat plant Read more
- Delhi power games, again Read more
- OERC dismisses SOUTHCOs investment approval petition Read more