Power News We love to talk!
Meja Utpadan Nigam Pvt Limited, a 50:50 joint venture of NTPC Ltd and Uttar Pradesh Rajya Vidyut Utpadan Nigam Ltd, signed a loan agreement for Rs 6608 crore to finance capital expenditure of 1320-mw power project being set up at Meja near Allahabad,.
Taking advantage of falling interest yields, the deal was finalised between the two companies over a short span, an official statement said.
The proceeds from the loan will also be utilsed partly to refinance costlier loan obtained from consortium of banks and financial institutions. In order to ease future cashflows, the loan also offers extended repayment period, it said.
- Gujarat seeks Rs 6,600 cr from Centre for GSPL gas projects Read more
- NTPC set to retire 25 'veteran' power generating units Read more
- Increase in global fuel prices not supported by market fundamentals, will pass on the increase soon: IOC chief Read more
- Cabinet approves Rs 8,550 crore power transmission project covering seven states Read more
- PMO may decide on 58 captive coal blocks this week Read more
- Coal India asked to sign supply pacts with power cos even without PPA Read more
- Essar said to face asset sale challenge from IDFC private equity Read more
- Electricity generation stumbles badly in August Read more
- Orient Green reports Rs 64.13 cr Q4 loss Read more
- Initiate clean cooking movement by tapping solar energy market: PM Modi to startups Read more