Power News We love to talk!
Meja Utpadan Nigam Pvt Limited, a 50:50 joint venture of NTPC Ltd and Uttar Pradesh Rajya Vidyut Utpadan Nigam Ltd, signed a loan agreement for Rs 6608 crore to finance capital expenditure of 1320-mw power project being set up at Meja near Allahabad,.
Taking advantage of falling interest yields, the deal was finalised between the two companies over a short span, an official statement said.
The proceeds from the loan will also be utilsed partly to refinance costlier loan obtained from consortium of banks and financial institutions. In order to ease future cashflows, the loan also offers extended repayment period, it said.
- UP commits support to GAIL pipeline project Read more
- Government to soon start auction process for commercial coal mines Read more
- West Bengal government seeks 40% grant for 1,000 MW Turga pumped storage plant Read more
- FACT requests compensation for high-priced natural gas Read more
- Odisha keen to partner NTPC for ultra mega solar plants Read more
- Ghazipur waste-to-energy plant to open June-end Read more
- India's nuclear deal with Japan should not be victim of domestic politics Read more
- Sun shines on solar PV industry Read more
- Coal India admits to regulating output at mines Read more
- Shell Foundation may invest $75 million in clean energy in India over next 5 years Read more