Power News We love to talk!
Public sector undertaking and the country’s largest power producer NTPC Ltd has reported a Rs. 2,595.25 crore net profit for the first quarter of 2017-2018.
This is 10.9 per cent higher than the Rs. 2,339.99-crore net profit reported in the corresponding quarter of 2016-2017. The average tariff charged to consumers from NTPC’s plants stood at Rs. 3.25 per unit.
During the quarter under consideration of 2017-2018, NTPC generated 71.606 billion units against 71.501 billion units generated in the corresponding period of the previous year.
Plant load factor
During the quarter, NTPC’s overall plant load factor (PLF) fell 0.70 per cent. The company’s coal-based power plants reported a PLF of 79.05 per cent, 2.30 per cent lower than the 81.35 per cent during the first quarter of the last fiscal.
The percentage utility of gas-based power plants, too, fell 1.92 per cent with a reported PLF of 24.39 per cent, against a 26.31 per cent PLF in the corresponding quarter of 2016-2017. But, PLF for hydropower generation was 7.91 per cent higher to 65.17 per cent during first quarter of the current fiscal.
- Centre may allow fertiliser companies to bid for coal blocks: Minister Read more
- MSEDCLs all-woman squad to keep a check on power thefts during fests Read more
- Aditya Birla Nuvo to sell 49% in renewables unit to Abraaj Read more
- MYSUN announces a market place to solarize 10 million rooftops by 2022 Read more
- Coal India's Magadh mine may produce 51 mtpa by 2020 Read more
- Make policy changes to make open-access in power a reality: Hemant Kanoria Read more
- APEPDCL allays fears on Aadhaar seeding Read more
- Former MLAs brother assaults BSES officials Read more
- `Green energy efforts will go in vain sans power storage ability' Read more
- CIL coal price pooling not acceptable to Bengal Read more