Power News We love to talk!
Public sector undertaking and the country’s largest power producer NTPC Ltd has reported a Rs. 2,595.25 crore net profit for the first quarter of 2017-2018.
This is 10.9 per cent higher than the Rs. 2,339.99-crore net profit reported in the corresponding quarter of 2016-2017. The average tariff charged to consumers from NTPC’s plants stood at Rs. 3.25 per unit.
During the quarter under consideration of 2017-2018, NTPC generated 71.606 billion units against 71.501 billion units generated in the corresponding period of the previous year.
Plant load factor
During the quarter, NTPC’s overall plant load factor (PLF) fell 0.70 per cent. The company’s coal-based power plants reported a PLF of 79.05 per cent, 2.30 per cent lower than the 81.35 per cent during the first quarter of the last fiscal.
The percentage utility of gas-based power plants, too, fell 1.92 per cent with a reported PLF of 24.39 per cent, against a 26.31 per cent PLF in the corresponding quarter of 2016-2017. But, PLF for hydropower generation was 7.91 per cent higher to 65.17 per cent during first quarter of the current fiscal.
- Tariff cut of 1 per cent likely due to under-recovery of fuel cost Read more
- Fix law & order issue at Pakri mining site:Centre to Jharkhand Read more
- MRPL: 75 p.c. of landowners have given nod for land acquisition for Phase IV Read more
- CCI clears JSW Energy purchase of JSPL's 1,000 MW power plant Read more
- Shapoorji Pallonji, SSG Capital plan joint bid for Jyoti Structures acquisition Read more
- Now you can track inefficient coal usage by power plants; govt launches SEVA app Read more
- LNG imports slide on weak rupee, lower demand Read more
- Oil firms gain as diesel sales rise 87% within a fortnight Read more
- Gird Up to Guard the Grid Read more
- Country to add up to 2,300 MW wind capacity in FY15: ICRA Read more