Power News We love to talk!
Rajasthan government has approved agriculture connection policy-2017 for power connections to small and marginal farmers.
As per the new provisions, small and marginal farmers belonging to below poverty line (BPL) category will get priority over others in receiving agriculture connections of 5 horsepower. Farmers living on the periphery of Indira Gandhi Canal Project who are affected due to the problem of waterlogged areas will also get the same benefit.
Earlier, famers in BPL category along with those living near Indira Gandhi Canal Project were not able to avail connections on a priority basis. Under the new policy, power connections that were cut off can be reconnected for which interest rates on amount paid has been slashed from 16% to 12% yearly.
The new policy will only be applicable on connections for five-star rated pump sets approved by bureau of energy efficiency and upto 20 horsepower. Also, those replacing their standard motors with five-star rated pump sets will receive subsidy of Rs 750 per horsepower from the government.
After the notification of the policy, farmers who have received subsidy under solar pump sets will not be able to avail second agriculture connection in general category. For them, government will launch a separate scheme. These applicants will have to pay cost of sub-station but their tariff rates would be same as normal connections.
In the new policy, government has relaxed provisions for martyrs’ families. They can apply for agricultural connections any time. Earlier, it was mandatory to apply within twelve years of the death or within two years of getting ownership of land.
The new policy also says that farmers can revive their connections after paying Rs 500 if the demand note for connection was issued within five years. The farmers can also erect electric lines if the option was given during the deposit of demand draft.
- Uttarakhand, Centre push for power projects Read more
- ReNew Power plans to raise $500 million via offshore bonds Read more
- PLG Clean vying 250 MW solar project under reverse bidding in Haryana Read more
- Capacity, cost take wind out of re-powering policys sails Read more
- PM Narendra Modis big boost for Make in India: Prayas plan for solar energy to get $3.1 billion boost Read more
- SBI chief meets Gujarat CM amid uncertainty on thermal power plants Read more
- India and France building strong clean energy partnership: Sushma Swaraj Read more
- Power capacity addition target for FY’13 set at 18,000 MW Read more
- KSEB cable-laying works progressing Read more
- DERC fixes tariff and approves PPA for TPDDLs solar power plant at Bawana Read more