Power News We love to talk!
The wind and solar tariff will come down considerably in the near future, a government official today said. “It will though take some time to resolve the surfacing issues since the GST has come into vogue but on tariff front, the department of renewable energy is quite confident that since majority of renewable items are taxed at five per cent GST, the wind and solar power tariff will go down considerably in near future,” Head of GST, Ministry of New and Renewable Energy Ruchin Gupta was quoted in a statement issued by PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
Many issues, Gupta said, have erupted and confronted renewable sector post-implementation of GST adding that the department concerned was seeking “their addressal for a win- win situation, ” the statement said. The government had earlier said that the solar panel equipment will attract the lowest tax rate of five per cent under the GST regime, as against the initially proposed 18 per cent.
- METRO Cash & Carry, Amplus Energy tie up for solar rooftop systems Read more
- Power purchase pacts signed through transparent tenders, says Telangana minister Read more
- KSERC trues up financials for 2014-15 for Infopark Kerala Read more
- Solar Mission Phase II tariff fixed at Rs 5.45 a unit Read more
- Indias economic growth is linked to the fortunes of the energy sector Read more
- Government has equal focus on all renewable power sources: Piyush Goyal Read more
- India to bid 80 Gw of solar and wind energy projects by 2020 Read more
- 2,500 people to get skill development training in solar energy Read more
- 'Coal asset transfer might save Tata Power Rs 180 cr a year' Read more
- CERC approves generation tariff of DVCs Mejia TPS Extension, Units 5&6 for 2009-2014 Read more