Power News We love to talk!
IDFC Alternatives Ltd’s India Infrastructure Fund II has raised long-term project finance of Rs250 crore by selling non-convertible debentures to infrastructure debt funds and financial institutions. The proceeds will be used to refinance two of its solar plants, which it has recently acquired from Gurgaon-based Punj Lloyd group and to repay existing loans.
The acquisition of the two plants, both located in Punjab, was made through IDFC’s renewable energy platform Vector Green Energy Pvt. Ltd. The company has a long-term agreement with the state utility for the sale.
“We are focussed on acquisition opportunities that have completed at least a year of operations and are expected to generate near term cash flows for equity,” said Aditya Agarwal, partner, IDFC Alternatives. IDFC, through its renewable energy platform, entered into a definite agreement with US-based First Solar Power India Pvt. Ltd, and other affiliates of the First Solar Group, to acquire the 190 MW of solar power assets across seven projects in India, VCCircle had reported in July.
The seven solar power projects are located across Andhra Pradesh and Telangana. The projects have long-term power purchase agreements with state utilities.
Agarwal further added that the scaling up has to be done carefully given the recent headwinds in the sector on account of intensive competitive bidding and low tariff.
- Bio-methanation plant to generate 400 units of power every day Read more
- Standoff between Coal India management, unions over salary hikes Read more
- Cheaper solar sparks change in energy use Read more
- International Solar Alliance to be Ratified at COP22 in Nov Read more
- Sachin Tendulkars new innings light up rural lives through solar power Read more
- Gadkari urges players to produce methanol from high-ash coal Read more
- Energy on tap with solar panel that fits in a bag Read more
- Thermal power plants in Delhi may be told to switch to gas Read more
- Space Application Centre inks MoU with Adani to optimize solar power generation Read more
- 13th deadline for Surguja UMPP; last date for bids October 30 Read more