Coal News We love to talk!
Pawan Hans could be merged with state-owned ONGC or made its subsidiary, a section of employees at the helicopter service provider has suggested even as they opposed the government's disinvestment plan.
The All India Civil Aviation Employees' Union (AICAEU) has again written to the Prime Minister's Office seeking intervention for reconsideration of the decision to sell 100 per cent stake in Pawan Hans.
Pawan Hans -- where the Centre and ONGC hold 51 per cent and 49 per cent stake, respectively -- has more than 900 employees, including 450 on permanent roll. The union claims to represent around 300 employees of Pawan Hans.
In a letter dated August 7, the union has suggested that Pawan Hans be merged with ONGC or made a subsidiary company by way of increasing ONGC's stake to 51 per cent.
After ONGC hikes the stake to 51 per cent, Pawan Hans can go for public issue "to get the government a much higher price from the sale of shares... in the next five years with expansion and improved performance", the letter stated.
"Once Pawan Hans Ltd becomes a subsidiary of ONGC, its market value shall be two to three times higher based on its linkage to ONGC share prices," it added. In October last year, the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) had given its in-principle approval to strategic disinvestment of profit-making Pawan Hans. Set up in 1985, Pawan Hans has a fleet of over 40 helicopters.
- Global companies offer ONGC deepsea drilling rigs for KG gas find Read more
- Nuclear power, unclear future Read more
- World Banks IFC invests $125 million in Hero Group renewable energy unit Read more
- JA Solar to set up 500mw solar power unit in India with Essel Infraprojects Read more
- Technology means slower power growth in India Read more
- Mumbai: Young bikers look for savings, switch to CNG kits Read more
- Raj becomes first state to adopt LED street lights in all urban local bodies Read more
- Auto LPG vehicles to touch 3 million mark by 2022: IAC Read more
- Third phase of MHSRD scheme under 'pre-tendering' stage: Government Read more
- Kudankulam project gets nod from atomic regulator Read more