Power News We love to talk!
Nineteen hydro-electric projects of various capacities are under construction in the Himalayan region, the Lok Sabha was informed today.
Union Minister of State for Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation Sanjeev Kumar Balyan, replying to a question, also provided data on the number of dam projects which have been concurred by the Central Electricity Authority (CEA) and are yet to be taken up for construction, and also those which are under examination in the CEA.
Of the 19 under-construction projects, all of which have above 25 MW capacity, four each are in Uttarakhand and Sikkim, three each in Himachal Pradesh, Arunachal Pradesh and Jammu and Kashmir and one each in Mizoram and Punjab.
Forty hydroelectric projects have been concurred by the CEA and are yet to be taken up for construction, the minister said. Six hydroelectric schemes in Uttarakhand, Arunachal Pradesh and Himachal Pradesh are under examination of the CEA, he said.
- Will strong electricity generation perk up NTPC earnings? Read more
- Power workers on indefinite dharna Read more
- Sembcorp Industries planning IPO of its India business Read more
- GVK Energy raises Rs500 crore for Goindwal Sahib power project Read more
- Indian coal utilities seek state funds or tariff hike to cut emissions Read more
- Piyush Goyal wants no hindrance to possession of electricity connections Read more
- Smartphone apps help bring reliable power to 1.3 billion people Read more
- Centre plans 10 urea plants in coal-rich States Read more
- Hearing on Discoms petition to GERC insisting OA Consumers under drawal to be kept less than 12% of the scheduled energy & minimum 1 MW drawal Read more
- Green certificate sales up 58% to 17.45 lakh in April-September Read more