Power News We love to talk!
Nineteen hydro-electric projects of various capacities are under construction in the Himalayan region, the Lok Sabha was informed today.
Union Minister of State for Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation Sanjeev Kumar Balyan, replying to a question, also provided data on the number of dam projects which have been concurred by the Central Electricity Authority (CEA) and are yet to be taken up for construction, and also those which are under examination in the CEA.
Of the 19 under-construction projects, all of which have above 25 MW capacity, four each are in Uttarakhand and Sikkim, three each in Himachal Pradesh, Arunachal Pradesh and Jammu and Kashmir and one each in Mizoram and Punjab.
Forty hydroelectric projects have been concurred by the CEA and are yet to be taken up for construction, the minister said. Six hydroelectric schemes in Uttarakhand, Arunachal Pradesh and Himachal Pradesh are under examination of the CEA, he said.
- CERC extends deadline for FTILs disinvestment from IEX Read more
- SunEdison India sale said to draw Khazanah, Hindujas Read more
- On Diwali eve, spot power rate touches 3-year high Read more
- Tata Power DDL says North Delhi Municipal Corporation owes it Rs 62.53 crore in electricity bills Read more
- A good business model is needed for green energy Read more
- OERC disposes off OPTCLs petition on the condonation of delay in filing review petition Read more
- Inox Wind wins 20 MW power project Read more
- Why CERC's compensation to Tata, Adani for high coal prices sets dangerous precedents and dents competition Read more
- Karnataka at 3rd spot in renewable energy production Read more
- Goa electricity department bill arrears touch Rs 200 cr Read more