Power News We love to talk!
Nineteen hydro-electric projects of various capacities are under construction in the Himalayan region, the Lok Sabha was informed today.
Union Minister of State for Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation Sanjeev Kumar Balyan, replying to a question, also provided data on the number of dam projects which have been concurred by the Central Electricity Authority (CEA) and are yet to be taken up for construction, and also those which are under examination in the CEA.
Of the 19 under-construction projects, all of which have above 25 MW capacity, four each are in Uttarakhand and Sikkim, three each in Himachal Pradesh, Arunachal Pradesh and Jammu and Kashmir and one each in Mizoram and Punjab.
Forty hydroelectric projects have been concurred by the CEA and are yet to be taken up for construction, the minister said. Six hydroelectric schemes in Uttarakhand, Arunachal Pradesh and Himachal Pradesh are under examination of the CEA, he said.
- JSW Energy: The making of a powerhouse Read more
- JERC (Manipur & Mizoram) issues Draft MYT (First Amendment) Regulations, 2014 Read more
- Sweden keen on opportunities in India's renewables space Read more
- 'Nuclear power will help India attain energy security' Read more
- Vertical integration will boost financial power of Indian oil firms: Oil India CMD Read more
- 2MW solar panels to power WR suburban stations in 6 months Read more
- NTPC plant shutdown hits power supply in 5 States Read more
- India is betting big on electric vehicles, but where does that leave the makers of hybrids? Read more
- KSEB under fire for delay in completing projects Read more
- India seeks investments from US companies in power, coal sectors Read more