Power News We love to talk!
Nineteen hydro-electric projects of various capacities are under construction in the Himalayan region, the Lok Sabha was informed today.
Union Minister of State for Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation Sanjeev Kumar Balyan, replying to a question, also provided data on the number of dam projects which have been concurred by the Central Electricity Authority (CEA) and are yet to be taken up for construction, and also those which are under examination in the CEA.
Of the 19 under-construction projects, all of which have above 25 MW capacity, four each are in Uttarakhand and Sikkim, three each in Himachal Pradesh, Arunachal Pradesh and Jammu and Kashmir and one each in Mizoram and Punjab.
Forty hydroelectric projects have been concurred by the CEA and are yet to be taken up for construction, the minister said. Six hydroelectric schemes in Uttarakhand, Arunachal Pradesh and Himachal Pradesh are under examination of the CEA, he said.
- ACME, Solaire Direct, Indiabulls, Azure win mandate for solar power projects in Punjab Read more
- Improvement in peak power shortage in Feb: CEA Read more
- PowerMin seeks Rs 1,200 cr for discom debt rejig in 2013-14 Read more
- TNERC announces new Solar Tariff Read more
- HERC disposes of petition filed by Mata Mansa Devi, Residents Welfare Association, Panchkula Read more
- Naxal-hit village gets electricity for the first time Read more
- Working towards self-sufficiency in petroleum by 2030: Moily Read more
- Power Ministers resolved to focus in hydro and wind power Read more
- Coal scam: Govt files contempt plea against defaulting firms Read more
- Punjab Power resolves supply issue with Panem coal mines Read more