Power News We love to talk!
As many as 55,000 petrol pumps across India will distribute LED bulbs, tubelights and energy efficient fans in a bid to ease access to these items, an official of the Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL), under the Ministry of Power, said here.
"We are expanding our outlets. We are adding post offices and petrol pumps to our network. We have just signed the agreement with three PSUs (IOC, BPCL and HCL). It will take three months to roll out across the country in a phased manner," Saurabh Kumar, Managing Director, EESL, told the media here on the sidelines of the Bengal Chamber organised 10th Environment and Energy Conclave.
He said the network covers 55,000 pumps nationally. "Those will be permanent counters. We have added LEDs, tubelights and energy efficient fans to our list," he added.
- India, Nepal renew fuel sale deal for five more years Read more
- New norms for setting up petrol pumps: expert panel seeks public comments Read more
- Mumbai's first metro to go green Read more
- Modi govt plans to auction 4 gigawatts of wind energy in FY 2017-18 Read more
- NMPT sets up solar power systems on three buildings Read more
- Suzlon wind capacity at Jaisalmer crosses 1GW Read more
- BHEL fears loss from cheap finance to Chinese firms: Government Read more
- Brent crude falls to $106 per barrel Read more
- Himachal forms 4.80 percent of India's forests Read more
- Govt working to eliminate coal import: Goyal Read more