Coal News We love to talk!
Maharatna PSU Indian Oil Corporation is in the process of revamping its Mourigram oil terminal to meet additional safety standards as per norms.
"The Mourigram terminal is a old one. The terminal is being revamped now as per the guidelines of Oil Industry Safety Directorate (OISD) even as adequate safety measures had been already taken," CGM (OPS) of West Bengal State Office Amitava Majumdar said.
He said that some of the old storage tanks would be dismantled and new ones constructed as per the sales forecast by 2030. Besides this, additional mitigating measures would be taken at the terminal as well as rationalisation of product storage, he told reporters here today.
The entire exercise would take four to five years involving an expenditure of Rs 55 crore, Majumdar said. The terminal, one of the largest in terms of storage capacity, has a throughput of 16 lakh kilolitres per annum increasing at a rate of eight to 10 per cent each year.
He said that the Mourigram terminal had already got the PESO (Petroleum and Explosives Safety Organisation) approval for night operations. "The terminal is presently operating in two shifts now. There is no immediate need to start night operations unless there is an emergency", he said.
- Petronet LNG a compelling growth story despite near term concerns: Nomura Read more
- India sees lowest plant load factor in 15 years; power capacities operating at 65% Read more
- Royal Dutch/Shell reopens 77th petrol pump in India Read more
- With fall in sales, Coal India set to offload fuel in open market Read more
- MRPL plans to bid for stake in ailing Haldia Petrochem Read more
- Shell-BG deal puts pressure on big oil to consolidate again Read more
- PowerGrid is in love with technology and we invested ahead of time: Rathin Basu Read more
- Oil ministry asks Bharat Petroleum Corporation to cancel dealership for posh Delhi pump Read more
- IOC scouts for partners in $1-billion Gujarat plant after BP exit Read more
- Great Eastern Energy gets SEBI nod for IPO Read more