Power News We love to talk!
Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das laid the foundation stone for 220/132 KV and 132/33 KV grid sub-station's transmission line at Bhagodih village of Ramna block in Garwha district.
He also launched Deen Dayal Upadhyay Gram Jyoti Yozana in the district, an official release said. Das said that within 1000 days of his government formation seven lakh households have got electricity while only 38 lakh of the 68 lakh households had electricity earlier.
He said his government made a goal to provide electricity to every household by 2018. Das said that five substations in Palamau and 257 substations in the state were underway.
Work on separate feeder was on for farming work, domestic works and industrial work, the chief minister said, adding work was on to provide 24 hours electricity to the people of the state. The government is working on power transmission and distribution so that by 2019 Jharkhand could be developed as a power hub, he said.
To meet water scarcity in Palamau and Garhwa, foundation for Rs 15,000 crore scheme will be laid before the state's foundation day on November 15, Das said.
- Mumbai's envied power islanding Read more
- TN completes financial restructuring of power utility Read more
- Essar said to face asset sale challenge from IDFC private equity Read more
- 337 villages electrified in week ending March 20 Read more
- Need white paper on rot in Uttar Pradesh's power sector: Piyush Goyal Read more
- Use surplus power to woo investors, says N Chandrababu Naidu Read more
- NEEPCO engages consultant to finalise Early Warning Systems Read more
- Power Ministry to soon put up Tariff Policy for Cabinet nod Read more
- Lack of transmission lines hits power re-allocation from Delhi to Telangana Read more
- Answer to TN power problems is blowin' in the wind Read more