Power News We love to talk!
Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das laid the foundation stone for 220/132 KV and 132/33 KV grid sub-station's transmission line at Bhagodih village of Ramna block in Garwha district.
He also launched Deen Dayal Upadhyay Gram Jyoti Yozana in the district, an official release said. Das said that within 1000 days of his government formation seven lakh households have got electricity while only 38 lakh of the 68 lakh households had electricity earlier.
He said his government made a goal to provide electricity to every household by 2018. Das said that five substations in Palamau and 257 substations in the state were underway.
Work on separate feeder was on for farming work, domestic works and industrial work, the chief minister said, adding work was on to provide 24 hours electricity to the people of the state. The government is working on power transmission and distribution so that by 2019 Jharkhand could be developed as a power hub, he said.
To meet water scarcity in Palamau and Garhwa, foundation for Rs 15,000 crore scheme will be laid before the state's foundation day on November 15, Das said.
- Kerala may have to buy more power as water storage falls Read more
- India ranks 3rd in 'Renewable Energy Country Attractiveness Index' Read more
- Tata Power net plunges 88% on coal inventory losses Read more
- Electricity board SMSs to keep you from tripping up Read more
- Andhra Pradesh farmers to generate power with Solar Farming scheme Read more
- Nearly 10 lakh consumers buy 55 lakh LED bulbs in BSES area Read more
- Rs 1 lakh crore UDAY bond issued by discoms Read more
- CVC refers coal block allocation case to CBI Read more
- UP-owned power units remain shut Read more
- Discoms can raise fresh funds at cheaper rates Read more