Power News We love to talk!
Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das laid the foundation stone for 220/132 KV and 132/33 KV grid sub-station's transmission line at Bhagodih village of Ramna block in Garwha district.
He also launched Deen Dayal Upadhyay Gram Jyoti Yozana in the district, an official release said. Das said that within 1000 days of his government formation seven lakh households have got electricity while only 38 lakh of the 68 lakh households had electricity earlier.
He said his government made a goal to provide electricity to every household by 2018. Das said that five substations in Palamau and 257 substations in the state were underway.
Work on separate feeder was on for farming work, domestic works and industrial work, the chief minister said, adding work was on to provide 24 hours electricity to the people of the state. The government is working on power transmission and distribution so that by 2019 Jharkhand could be developed as a power hub, he said.
To meet water scarcity in Palamau and Garhwa, foundation for Rs 15,000 crore scheme will be laid before the state's foundation day on November 15, Das said.
- Bengal reiterates demand for coal regulator Read more
- Price pooling or cost plus? Coal Ministry seeks opinion of buyers Read more
- Over 14,000 MW hydro power capacity is under execution: Central Electricity Authority Read more
- NTPC says generation grew 4.7 per cent so far this year Read more
- Indian companies may go green to meet power needs by 2020 Read more
- Govt to roll out Rs17,000 crore rural household electrification scheme Read more
- Coal scam: Court orders supply of statement of accused to CBI Read more
- RJ Power (India) files for a Category-3 Trading Licence with CERC Read more
- Greenlight Planet raises Rs 34 crore in debt-financing from OPIC Read more
- Avant Garde Innovations develops wind turbine to light up homes at a fraction of power bills Read more