Power News We love to talk!
For the last few months, there have been several incidents of electricity supply been disturbed in various parts of the city. To supply extra electricity, the Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Company Limited’s (MSEDCL) Pune region is planning to start five new sub-stations across the district.
“A sub-station has been proposed at Kharadi where a new IT park has come up and requires a huge amount of electricity. There is a similar demand at Kondhwa from the army for a new hospital. Other than that, three other sub-stations will come up at Marunje, Bhugaon and Khed city (Kanhersar area),” said M G Shinde, chief engineer of MSEDCL’s Pune zone.
“Proposals have been sent to the state government. We already have land for Kharadi and Kondhwa. Each sub-station has a budget of approximately Rs 25 crore and all will be completed in two years,” added Shinde.
Residents of these areas welcomed the decision. Ashok Pangare from Bhugaon said, “There are frequent power cuts here and a separate substation will help immensely.
- SCCL's coal output rises 3 per cent to 4.44 MT in April Read more
- Uttar Pradesh cancels distribution pact with Torrent Power Read more
- Old thermal power plants offer new business opportunity in dismantling Read more
- Prabhu to open solar power plant at Pune railway station Read more
- Delhi gencos supply power to discom at Rs 7.12 per unit Read more
- Uttarakhand, Centre push for power projects Read more
- Case against case-by-case approach Read more
- Konkan Railway installs solar plants at stations Read more
- Maharashtra allocates Rs 275 cr for eco-village programme Read more
- Is Power Grid nearing its peak earnings? Read more