Power News We love to talk!
For the last few months, there have been several incidents of electricity supply been disturbed in various parts of the city. To supply extra electricity, the Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Company Limited’s (MSEDCL) Pune region is planning to start five new sub-stations across the district.
“A sub-station has been proposed at Kharadi where a new IT park has come up and requires a huge amount of electricity. There is a similar demand at Kondhwa from the army for a new hospital. Other than that, three other sub-stations will come up at Marunje, Bhugaon and Khed city (Kanhersar area),” said M G Shinde, chief engineer of MSEDCL’s Pune zone.
“Proposals have been sent to the state government. We already have land for Kharadi and Kondhwa. Each sub-station has a budget of approximately Rs 25 crore and all will be completed in two years,” added Shinde.
Residents of these areas welcomed the decision. Ashok Pangare from Bhugaon said, “There are frequent power cuts here and a separate substation will help immensely.
- Competition Appellate Tribunal sets aside Rs 1,773-crore penalty on Coal India Read more
- CERC grants transmission licence to VJTL Read more
- Haryana to set up JV hydel project in Bhutan Read more
- Non-adherence to gas allocation policies adds R2k cr to RGPPL loss Read more
- 'Quantum jump in power consumption in Bihar in past eleven years' Read more
- We aim to service over 1 million consumers in Mumbai by 2018-19: Anil Sardana Read more
- Environment ministry panel defers clearance to Tawang power project Read more
- Govt chalks out plans for massive solar power push Read more
- Electricity for all by December 2018, all villages to be electrified this year: Power minister Read more
- NTPC to revisit its core business plan Read more