Power News We love to talk!
For the last few months, there have been several incidents of electricity supply been disturbed in various parts of the city. To supply extra electricity, the Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Company Limited’s (MSEDCL) Pune region is planning to start five new sub-stations across the district.
“A sub-station has been proposed at Kharadi where a new IT park has come up and requires a huge amount of electricity. There is a similar demand at Kondhwa from the army for a new hospital. Other than that, three other sub-stations will come up at Marunje, Bhugaon and Khed city (Kanhersar area),” said M G Shinde, chief engineer of MSEDCL’s Pune zone.
“Proposals have been sent to the state government. We already have land for Kharadi and Kondhwa. Each sub-station has a budget of approximately Rs 25 crore and all will be completed in two years,” added Shinde.
Residents of these areas welcomed the decision. Ashok Pangare from Bhugaon said, “There are frequent power cuts here and a separate substation will help immensely.
- Jaiprakash Power Ventures pays USD 75 million to HBPCL bondholders on sale of securities Read more
- Tangedco plans to set up sub-station on Pachamalai Read more
- Officials finalise plan to supply 100 MW power to Bangladesh Read more
- State-owned energy firmsproject a mere 3% rise in FY14 capex Read more
- 45 lakh families to get power supply in MP under Saubhagya Read more
- Buying power from exchange not a long term solution: DERC chief Read more
- Coal India achieves near-10% growth in sales during April-December 2015 Read more
- Why oil sector doesnt see a HELPing hand Read more
- After Centre nudges cash-rich PSUs, dividends pour into government coffers Read more
- PSUs to be roped in to manage stressed assets in power, steel and shipyards: Jaitley Read more