Power News We love to talk!
For the last few months, there have been several incidents of electricity supply been disturbed in various parts of the city. To supply extra electricity, the Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Company Limited’s (MSEDCL) Pune region is planning to start five new sub-stations across the district.
“A sub-station has been proposed at Kharadi where a new IT park has come up and requires a huge amount of electricity. There is a similar demand at Kondhwa from the army for a new hospital. Other than that, three other sub-stations will come up at Marunje, Bhugaon and Khed city (Kanhersar area),” said M G Shinde, chief engineer of MSEDCL’s Pune zone.
“Proposals have been sent to the state government. We already have land for Kharadi and Kondhwa. Each sub-station has a budget of approximately Rs 25 crore and all will be completed in two years,” added Shinde.
Residents of these areas welcomed the decision. Ashok Pangare from Bhugaon said, “There are frequent power cuts here and a separate substation will help immensely.
- R-Power refutes claims Read more
- CERC notifies draft regulations for determination of renewable tariff Read more
- Nitish pitches for uniform power tariff across the country on lines of rail fare Read more
- Suzlon in pact with ReNew Power for supply of 300 MW equipment Read more
- Colvale jail to be powered by the sun Read more
- Maharashtra malls, hospitals, govt offices set to follow energy conservation rules Read more
- The winners: Coal India, NTPC, Reliance Power Read more
- PESB recommends N B Gupta as PFCs Director-Finance Read more
- India plans to expand renewable generation capacity more than three-fold to 175 gigawatts by 2022, with the majority from solar. Read more
- Retrospective charges irk green power companies in Karnataka Read more