Power News We love to talk!
For the last few months, there have been several incidents of electricity supply been disturbed in various parts of the city. To supply extra electricity, the Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Company Limited’s (MSEDCL) Pune region is planning to start five new sub-stations across the district.
“A sub-station has been proposed at Kharadi where a new IT park has come up and requires a huge amount of electricity. There is a similar demand at Kondhwa from the army for a new hospital. Other than that, three other sub-stations will come up at Marunje, Bhugaon and Khed city (Kanhersar area),” said M G Shinde, chief engineer of MSEDCL’s Pune zone.
“Proposals have been sent to the state government. We already have land for Kharadi and Kondhwa. Each sub-station has a budget of approximately Rs 25 crore and all will be completed in two years,” added Shinde.
Residents of these areas welcomed the decision. Ashok Pangare from Bhugaon said, “There are frequent power cuts here and a separate substation will help immensely.
- Pre-paid energy: This is one power sector reform that government should consider Read more
- Government begins work on four new ultra mega power projects Read more
- Regulatory oversight of the management and governance of lndian Energy Exchange Limited (lEX) Read more
- Bajaj synchronises third 660 MW unit of Lalitpur power plant Read more
- Emerson automates NTPC Simhadri Stage II project Read more
- State seeks to raise wind energy output by 25 MW Read more
- More solar-powered borewells to augment water supply Read more
- Power crisis due to shortage of coal, says U.P. official Read more
- Over $270 billion investment in new power infrastructure could be avoided via digital tech: IEA Read more
- Bhopal airport to go all-solar by December Read more