Coal News We love to talk!
After industrialist and former Congress parliamentarian Naveen Jindal was granted bail by a special Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) court in connection with the alleged irregularities pertaining to the Urtan North Coal Block in Madhya Pradesh, a statement was released by the Jindal Steel and Power (JSPL) on Monday stating that the company cooperated with law enforcement agencies and provided documentary evidence that would have entirely negated the “baseless allegations of misrepresentation.”
The statement read, “The JSPL has, throughout the investigation process, cooperated with the law enforcement agencies and provided documentary evidence that would have entirely negated these baseless allegations of misrepresentation. The alleged misrepresentation in the Feedback Form of land acquired for the JSPL’s proposed steel plant in Jharkhand is baseless, as the company had completed the lawful acquisition of this land before the issuance of the allocation letter itself.”
“The JSPL emphatically states that these allegations made out against it are entirely false, misconceived and devoid of any merits. We at the JSPL are confident that truth will prevail during the course of the judicial proceedings,” the statement further added. Earlier in the day, the Special Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) court granted bail to Jindal, along with three others, on a condition of furnishing a bond of Rs. 1 lakh.
- Coal auctions: JSPL may emerge a winner Read more
- Coal mine auctions: 12 out of 28 winners wait for clearances to start mining Read more
- Centre urges regulators to favour solar energy over thermal Read more
- Coal India cancels pacts with 60 captive power units Read more
- Suzlon receives 197.40 MW repeat order from IPP company Read more
- CIL to price non-coking coal on per unit calorific value basis Read more
- Coal scam: Ranjit Sinha ordered closure of case, IO tells court Read more
- Essar Power pays Jharkhand coal mine dues Read more
- CBI be made independent in wake of Coalgate development: AAP Read more
- Reliance Infrastructure, Adani Power up Mumbai unit sale talks Read more